Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC sync shutting down oct 2024??

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting October 1, 2024

We will begin discontinuing the Creative Cloud content synchronization process as well as synced file and folder sharing, and permanently remove the cloud-based copies of files for users. We will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files for business customers. Assets in the local Creative Cloud Files folder on user devices will no longer be synchronized with Creative Cloud storage. User files will remain in their local Creative Cloud Files folder. Folders and assets previously shared from Creative Cloud Synced files will no longer be accessible to others including inside your organization as well as externally.

Note that users may not see these changes right away as we roll out the process gradually.

So, what the hell does this mean? What are you replacing this with? How will team projects in AE still function? How will remote teams function? What does this mean? This email, which is very alarming, has zero explanation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Hi @adamlach ,

Creative Cloud Libraries is not being discontinued and will continue to function as before. It is the Creative Cloud files sync that is being discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll be looking at using the Google Drive option to replace the Cloud storage approach. But would love to tsee what others are looking at using.

Although I'm still in a state of shock about this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to am in shock and not happy about this change. I used Box Sync years ago (now Box Drive) and loved it but moved to Adobe Sync since I was already paying for it. Box's version history was top notch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Koofr is a very good European cloud service. Give it a try with the free account, than look out for the lifetime offers that you can find online. The promos are not as cheap as other services', but Koofr is way above them all. Also, allow me to point out that I'm no longer a Photoshop and Illustrator user: I've replaced them with their Affinity counterparts. They are great apps at a great price with no subscriptions, and the transition from Adobe apps is quite smooth. After the latest Adobe's e-mail, I'll take one last step and switch from InDesign to Publisher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -  I'm very sorry to hear about your concern. Adobe does offer a number of cloud-based solutions for sharing creative files in addition to the Creative Cloud Synced File service that will be discontinued. These alternatives include Cloud documents, Libraries, and Frame.io - each of which are included in most Creative Cloud subscriptions. While Adobe will continue to invest in cloud-based solutions purpose-built for creative asset management and collaboration, generic file syncing is not part of that vision. 3rd party solutions like Dropbox and Box support the desktop to cloud generic file syncing that Adobe will no longer support with this change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe lower prices due to the omission of the generic file sync service?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this some kind of a bad joke? (Italy here, Adobe's e-mail received a couple of hours ago). We heavily use the files sync functionality. Now we have to move all of our files to another, paid service? This is insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other cloud solution from Adobe? Just stop the service, that's all?
This is not very professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -  I'm very sorry to hear about your concern. Adobe does offer a number of cloud-based solutions for sharing creative files separate from the Creative Cloud Synced File service that will be discontinued. These alternatives include Cloud documents, Libraries, and Frame.io - each of which are included in most Creative Cloud subscriptions and will continue to be supported. While Adobe will continue to invest in cloud-based solutions purpose-built for creative asset management and collaboration, generic file syncing is not part of that vision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried uploading to Cloud Documents instead, and MP4 is not supported... Since most of what I needed Synced files for was sharing multi media assets, this is a devastating blow. Please expand Cloud documents to support other file types if you are going to abruptly remove such a critical functionality. Frame.io is not a substitute, and neither are libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is horrendous. I mean the CC syncing wasn't the best, but at least was integrated with CC and worked reasonably well for remote working. Its was essential for us during Covid times and we still depend on it to this day.

Any good alternatives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the full email…

Dear Creative Cloud Administrator,

We are notifying you of an upcoming change to Creative Cloud: Adobe is modernizing the Creative Cloud storage experience and will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files for business customers under Creative Cloud for Teams and Creative Cloud for Enterprise plans. If your users don't use Creative Cloud Synced Files, it won't affect them. If they do, here's how they might be impacted:

Starting February 1, 2024

Users will no longer be able to share files or folders from Creative Cloud Synced files with new users outside of your organization, sharing will continue to work within your organization until October 1st.

Starting October 1, 2024

We will begin discontinuing the Creative Cloud content synchronization process as well as synced file and folder sharing, and permanently remove the cloud-based copies of files for users. We will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files for business customers. Assets in the local Creative Cloud Files folder on user devices will no longer be synchronized with Creative Cloud storage. User files will remain in their local Creative Cloud Files folder. Folders and assets previously shared from Creative Cloud Synced files will no longer be accessible to others including inside your organization as well as externally.

Note that users may not see these changes right away as we roll out the process gradually.

Recommended actions:

It is recommended that you inform the users in your organization about this upcoming change. In addition, make sure that your organization's assets are safely backed up either locally or through a third-party cloud storage provider. Adobe will not be sending out notifications regarding this change directly to your organization's users.

Adobe’s Customer Support organization is available to answer any questions. Please contact them here.

Regards,

Adobe Creative Cloud Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Cloud documents are removed, then we will no longer have versions in Illustrator and Photoshop… right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zaid Al Hilali This is only effecting Enterprise and Teams customers with Shared storage (synced files). Cloud documents and individual accounts are not part of this announcement. Cloud documents are different than synced storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

note to self, notice read more carefully..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I didn't make it clear when typed "we may no longer have versions" I meant document version history as when we create a version of a .psd document today, then open it tomorrow, apply changes, then save a new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer Yeah, I read that, our organization have the Enterprise license so we got the email from Adobe based on this, however, I personally have the individual license.

The message is not all bad, check the beginning of the message saying "Adobe is modernizing the Creative Cloud storage experience", so I guess Adobe will provide a replacement before they remove existing cloud storage, but we must back-up our stuff any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message is all bad to me. Some weeks ago Adobe introduced the "Cloud documents" concept, meaning that we'll be only able to sync the files created by (and within) the Adobe apps. No more cloud syncing for any other file, be it a rtf document or a bunch of raw images downloaded from our cameras. Restraining the cloud syncing just to their files and closing down the more flexible "Dropbox style" Sync seems two faces of the same medal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@emarillo you assessment is wrong. 

Cloud documents have been around for a few years now in Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD and other apps.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/cloud-document-faqs.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

Synced files are different than Cloud documents and until October 1 you can still sync other documents using Sync Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my bad. I only use InDesign and was considering Cloud documents relatively to that app. Apart from this, you are confirming that Adobe is canceling the "Dropbox style" feature that until this morning I was taking for granted as part of my annual subscription to InDesign. And that – as far as we know until now – in a short period of time I will have to pay for a third-party cloud service if I want to benefit from a similar feature, because Adobe has unilaterally decided to ditch its own. Is this right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@emarillo InDesign is exploring cloud documents in beta according to the link I sent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show me in documentation that that is the case?  Because if you're wrong, then everyone here is losing terabytes of data that they can never retrieve.  The email that was sent out was very lacking in detail and didn't mention if it does/does not affect their cloud storage as a whole or just what is being synced and I can't roll the dice on "reading between the lines" or making inference on what wasn't stated in the email

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're all looking for answers. Somebody needs to contact Adobe Support for further details as mentioned at the bottom of Adobe email to us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've dealt with their support for numerous CC issues... I'm now more knowledgeable than them in that area, and it's nothing but a pain going through several of them only to get 0 support. I was not willing to spend another 3 hours on chat for nothing.

Typically when a company makes a huge, drastic, change like this to a core service they release a much longer and thorough explanation. This email has absolutely nothing. 

If you do contact support, I'd love to see what they say. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nate24104053rx60 Adobe is pretty clear about what is being affected in the email.

"Assets in the local Creative Cloud Files folder on user devices will no longer be synchronized with Creative Cloud storage."

That is the "dropbox" type local file syncing function - not Cloud documents.

You can view the affected assets by going to assets.adobe.com and clicking the "Launch More" in the bottom left and viewing "Synced Files".

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1690557499650.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines