Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC sync shutting down oct 2024??

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting October 1, 2024

We will begin discontinuing the Creative Cloud content synchronization process as well as synced file and folder sharing, and permanently remove the cloud-based copies of files for users. We will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files for business customers. Assets in the local Creative Cloud Files folder on user devices will no longer be synchronized with Creative Cloud storage. User files will remain in their local Creative Cloud Files folder. Folders and assets previously shared from Creative Cloud Synced files will no longer be accessible to others including inside your organization as well as externally.

Note that users may not see these changes right away as we roll out the process gradually.

So, what the hell does this mean? What are you replacing this with? How will team projects in AE still function? How will remote teams function? What does this mean? This email, which is very alarming, has zero explanation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Hi @adamlach ,

Creative Cloud Libraries is not being discontinued and will continue to function as before. It is the Creative Cloud files sync that is being discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree to disagree. I don't use Adobe, I only administer accounts so I
don't know what functions are and are not related when it comes to Cloud
Storage of files. They make no assurances of what data is safe
whatsoever.

That's a nice little link, but as they said they aren't informing end users
so I guess I need to reach out to every user and remind them (several
times, because users) to use the link to check if their data will be
affected because I don't see a way to do that from the Admin side because
again, I have no assurances of what data is which from a top down view.
All I see is that the users are indeed using a portion of their quota.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nate24104053rx60 here are links to educate you on what each component is. If you are unsure it may be best to discuss with a lead at your company who does work with these products and discover how this impacts them.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-creative-cloud-files.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/cloud-document-faqs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, looks like this has expanded to individual subscriptions, too.  i just received:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer can you please confirm if my understanding is correct ... publishing/sharing from within Adobe XD (plus other desktop apps) and photos stored in the Lightroom CC storage (specifically those captured on a device via the LRC IOS app and found at lightroom.adobe.com/libraries/) will continue to function as they currently do and are not affected by the discontinuation of the cloud synced files? Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, I'm rather confused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@donnag22333351 

yes, everything will remain other than the adobe cc sync folder syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin - this change does impact Individual, Team, and Enterprise use of Creative Cloud Sycned Files. Cloud documents and Libraries are unaffected by this change.

You can find more detail about this announcement here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kyle31203758vcjz wait - you are saying that this impacts individual accounts as well? This notice was sent specifically to Enterprise admins not individual Creative Cloud subscribers. If this is true - why hasnt a notice been sent to individual subscribers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zaid, Cloud documents and Libraries will continue to be supported and are unaffected by this change.

You can find more detail about this announcement here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Kyle31203758vcjz for clarifying the matter. There is a request from one of the posters on this thread, can you share with us "Adobe's long-term plan for file Syncing"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kyle31203758vcjz I just read the detailed announcement you posted. I'm asking again because I have an individual account as well as my enterprise - Enterprise has already been notified via email which prompted this thread. Why haven't individual accounts been notified if the page is posted from 7/28??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin - due to the large audience of Creative Cloud users to be notified about the discontinuation of Creative Cloud Synced files, all personal users on an individual plan are receiving the operational email announcement on a rolling basis over the next several weeks. Team and enterprise admins have all been sent the operational email announcement as of the time of my reply here - August 7, 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer 

i received an email notice on 7/29/23 am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm another one who finds this decision deeply dissapointing. I use Cloud file syncing to sync all of my project files between my office iMac and remote working laptop (and keeping a cloud backup). Projects are very rarelt made up solely of Adobe documents - so Cloud Documents and Cloud Libraries won't cover this workflow. I need to be able to sync all file types - from word docs of birefs through to audio files and other assets used in projects and everything in between...in my opinion, and for my workflow (which I'm sure a lot of other pople use) this is a huge downgrade in the Adobe CC experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ian McNaught 

for those non-adobe files, a different mechanism will be needed.  if those files are really important a non-cloud solution (eg, thumb drive) would actually be (imo) better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - however a thumb drive would seem to me to be a much clumsier way of keeping files synced across two devices. Currently it happens seamlessy in the background without any intervention on my part.

I guess I will have to move to another cloud storage provider to replicate this service - but that just increases my costs without any additional benefit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is more 20th century than 21st century, but it's more secure (depending on the user), more stable and easier to control than cloud storage.

imo, using cloud storage is offloading the responsibility (ie, security, stability, control) for your files elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great deal of enterprise users are not granted USB access. This is a devastating change for anyone that works with multi media assets and needed to share between workstations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love that Adobe prefaced this massage with "Adobe is modernizing (emphasis is mine) the Creative Cloud storage experience and will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files for business customers under Creative Cloud for Teams and Creative Cloud for Enterprise plans."

So "modernizing" the cloud experience means removing it altogether? How very 1984 of you. Also, as you are taking away a key feature of Creative Cloud (i.e. the "cloud" portion) will you be reducing the subscription costs and changing the name to just "Creative"?

As this is a feature that my team utilizes daily, I am hoping that more information is provided on how this will work over a decentralized team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very concerning for my organization.  We heavily utilize the file sync to share common assets across our video team.  It's confusing because Adobe recently made everyone separate their group and personal profiles in an effort to enable admin access of the storage in question.  Why allow greater control over a team's pooled storage if you're going to immediately remove functionality?  I sincerely hope "Adobe is modernizing the Creative Cloud storage experience..." and not simply removing it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TJMakesVideo I don't have a crystal ball and also am not an Adobe employee, but my take on this is they are coming up with something new and better, but don't want the inherent risk of losing users files. Giving them more than a year's notice to make plans is pretty generous IMO. Timelines and plans can definitely shift given that much runway. 

That brings up another good point - everyone should note this takes place October 2024 not in 3 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this, Kevin!  I mistakenly interpreted that as 10/1/23 and not 10/1/24.  That would seem to offer plenty of runway to rollout a new system (presumably with an upcharge).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would someone on this thread kindly tell me that once adobe 'modernises' what ever they are doing, if we will still have the folders that are in our Creative Cloud Folder (on the harddrive)  synced between invited users and if the creative cloud libraries will be synced between users?

This is possibly the foggiest email we have ever received, the terms used between sync and cloud are terrifically confusing and I have no idea what exactly is being stated. If Adobe a geuninly modernising then they shoul dhave introduced what they are doing first rather than just kick us all in the nads. No doubt the price will remain the same though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@garethirwin1234 I doubt Adobe will tip their hand as to what the future state of this program will look like. The only aspect being affected are the folders that are in your Creative Cloud Folder on the hard drive. You should make backups of these assets and structure as that is what is going away and will not be synced after October 2024.

Libraries are unaffected by this announcement/action.

I'm the same boat as everyone else and will be impacted by this announcement. I'll continue to share what I am finding out as I ask the same questions most of you are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sent a different email with more details and a better explanation about the coming cloud storage transition to our government clients in the Middle East. I'm sharing the email as is with useful links.

Thank  you  for  being  an  Adobe  Creative  Cloud  member.  We  understand  you’re  an  administrator  of  an Adobe Admin Console,  so  we  wanted  to let you know about upcoming mandatory changes to the Adobe Admin Console. These changes will enhance your organization’s control over content stored in Creative Cloud and give you more visibility into storage capacity and usage in your organization. 

Your update will be delivered in the upcoming months. If you have any technical questions or issues you need assistance resolving prior to your update, please reply to this email or schedule a MS Teams call with the support agent so we can work with you.

In advance of the update, storage conflicts for users who are on multiple organizations on the Admin Console need to be resolved. Steps to Manage Storage Conflicts are here.  

The upcoming update will:  

• Make it easier for you to transfer users’ content after they’ve been removed from the Cloud plan — for example, when they’ve left the company. 
  • Combine your individual users’ storage capacities into pooled storage for the whole team, so individuals have the flexibility, in their storage needs.   
  • Let you see an overview of your team’s storage as well as storage amounts for each active user.  
  • Automatically enable the product request access feature and make available automated workflows for creating user accounts and provisioning Adobe products to users. Learn more about these new capabilities and how to manage your settings. 

Here’s what you need to know:  

• We’ll roll out the new storage benefits for your organization in the upcoming months.
  • We’ll perform the update at a convenient time to minimize business impact. During the update, the Admin Console will be unavailable until the update has been completed.  
  • Some of your users may have another business or individual plan under the same email address. We’ll be separating their plans into different profiles to help them choose where to create and store their content. These users will have an option to select the profile at the time of sign-in. 
  • If you’re the administrator for more than one organization, when you sign into the Admin Console you’ll be able to select the organization you’d like to access.  
  • Here’s an article with more information about these new storage features and sign-in changes for users with multiple plans.  
  • If you are an educational institution, please refer to additional resources here

We’ll remind you again a few days before the update. In the interim, I would like to invite you to a MS TEAMS call to walk through the upcoming storage changes and answer any related questions you may have. Please reply to this email if this is something you are interested in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for forwarding this message.  Our organization went through the profile update earlier this year and it was fairly painless.  The discontinuation of file syncing (this thread's topic) is a related but separate issue.  If you get on that TEAMS call feel free to ask about Adobe's longterm plan for file sycing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines