• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost in registration process loop (Lightroom 6 unable to activate under Managed User and Network)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright published an article on 22 January that a new registration process has been introduced for older products such as CS6 Design Standard and Lightroom CS6. We noticed that too. Unfortunately very annoying but ok until last week.
Unfortunately, we now have a problem. The new login process is hanging up. After Lightroom was running smoothly on one of our computers, we've been stuck in an endless loop since last week:

We want to open Lightroom, the login dialogue appears, we scan the code, confirm the email address and enter the code from the email into the dialogue. Then we enter our password and confirm the user conditions. The dialogue disappears and sadly Lightroom does not open. Unfortunately, there is nothing to be found in the Task Manager - not even a hung Lightroom. Then we restart Lightroom and the login dialogue appears again. We are now trapped in an endless loop.

Support says there is no more support for these programmes and leaves me alone with the problem. Well, that would be fine if Adobe hadn't changed something in the programme or the registration process. Adobe is responsible for this. Is there a solution to the problem?

Uninstalling, Adobe CC Cleaner, etc. have unfortunately not helped. The licence has not yet been used up. What is the solution? What should I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nachdem ich auf dem neuen Laptop Lightroom 6 installiert habe, hänge ich auch in dieser "Endlosschleife" fest. Ich muss mich auch mit der Adobe-ID anmelden, gehe den ganzen Prozess durch, klicke schließlich auf "Annehmen" der Lizenzvereinbarung, das Fenster schließt sich und es passiert nichts. Beim Öffnen des Programms muss ich wieder von vorne anfangen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_A_Wright usually responds within 2-3 days so be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dann bin ich aber froh das ich nicht der einzige bin. Das gibt Hoffnung, dass das Problem vielleicht bearbeitet wird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rainerox I am sorry for any inconvenience. I reviewed the three upgrades to Lightroom 6 registered under your account, but I did not see any recent activation requests for any of the licenses.

I have a few questions for you, @rainerox .

1. What type of network are the computers connected to?
  2. You appear to have multiple computers and licenses. Is this a network that is managed by an organization?
  3. What operating system are you installing Lightroom 6 on?
  4. Are you able to use your Creative Cloud membership, on the same computer, without any errors or problems?

Thanks in advance for your response, @rainerox . @kglad thank you for tagging me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff, thanks for your reply.

This is strange because we have tried to activate Lightroom almost 20 times. You can see the list of when we received the confirmation codes;

to your questions:

1 I don't know exactly what you want to know. We use a network with a Fritz.Box and a switch. Does that answer your question? The login dialog also appears on two other computers. There Lightroom opens, although the login dialog comes up and we can confirm or ignore the dialog, which makes no difference. 

2. yes, we have a server running Windows Server 2019 that handles user management.

3. Windows 10 and 11.

4 We do not use CC on the affected computer. However, Creative Suite CS6 opened without any problems. However, I have now also uninstalled it to remove all Adobe programs from the computer and run the CC cleaner. But this has not been successful.

Does that help? We need urgent help as one of our employees is currently unable to work.

<Personal information removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, @rainerox . I would recommend either trying to activate the computer on a different network, or work with whoever manages the Users for the computer to confirm there is no network or permissions block that are preventing the completion of the activation process for Lightroom 6. You may even want to try logging in as a local administrator, on an unrestricted network to see if that allows the completion of the licensing and activation process.

Please be aware this is a public discussion forum accessible to anyone with Internet access, I have edited your previous post to remove your image, but I would ask that you avoid posting any personal information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

I just tried out what happens when I run Lightroom as admin. Unfortunately the same problem.

What I don't understand is the following. Obviously the login dialogue is communicating with your server. Because:

After I have opened the link in the login dialogue in the browser (on another computer) and logged in with my email and then confirmed my email for the code, I receive an email with a code. When I have entered this in the browser and then confirmed my login process with my password, the Lightroom login dialogue closes.

This means that the login dialogue can communicate with your server. 1. because it receives a current login link. 2. because it notices that the login in the browser has worked completely and the Lightroom login dialogue is closed, even if I open and confirm the login link on another computer in the browser.

This means that your new login dialogue is not communicating properly with Lightroom. Since both are on the same computer, I don't know why the problem should be with the network.

At best, the user's rights could be the problem. For this I would need to know where exactly the programme from the login dialogue is located and what rights it needs.

I still don't understand why I was able to open Lightroom normally an hour before and then suddenly not anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright Any new idea? Networkconnection seams to be ok. So what can we try now? It is Adobe´s turn to get this working, I guess. Any chance to go back to the old registration tool that was used when I bought lightroom?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rainerox I was reviewing your case history, how long have been encountering problems utilizing Lightroom 6? I see interactions from 2022, what other problems have you seen using Lightroom 6? Were you having simlar launch problems in 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I think we had different problems there. But I do not remember exactly. The most problems we have is runing CS6 and CC on the same computer. I often happend that CC snatched CS6 a way. So that cs6 was running as a part of cc and not with our seperat cs6 licence. Because of that one of our CC-Users were blocked while running CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rainerox 

if you have a subscription to newer versions and perpetual licensed older version, the will over-ride the perpetual license.  the app should work and all should be well, unless and until your subscription ends.  then you'll need to uninstall the subscription items and re-license (with your serial number) your older version(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know that happens. But I don't want that!!! Because I want to run my purchased version of CS6 independently of CC. Fortunately, there is a method that works, unless you make a small mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you do that prevents the cc desktop app from taking over your perpetual license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the order of installation of cs6 and cc is crucial. but i can't say exactly how to do it. i think first cs6 and then cc (or the other way round?) but sometimes cc swallows cs6. Sometimes it works. When it fails you have to bulid up windows from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perpetual license install then cc install > cc takes over.

never tried to the other way around.  and if the other way worked, i wonder if it would continue to work after cc updates (while perpetual is installed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I my case it works on 4 pc with Lightroom cs6, photoshop cs6 or creative suite cs6 and cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not clear exactly what you mean, but i assume you mean each different cs6 licensed product is installed and activated on exactly one computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rainerox I am sorry for the delay. My primary expertise is for individual users. I will move this discusssion to the Enterprise & Teams discussion forum to see if someone in that community has additional suggestions on how to successfully activate Lightroom 6 on a managed User account and network.

@kglad suggestion about Creative Cloud licensing is also valid. I would recommend you restrict the use of Lightroom 6 to computers that are not using a Creative Cloud subscription. Lightroom CC and Classic are already included with an All App membership, so there is no need to install Lightroom 6 as Lightroom Classic is the replacement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff A Wright Well, no one answered. But I need the computer and lightroom. Is there a workaround  to avoid the new registration tool you integrated in january? Is there a way to get back to the old one? What other ways to we have? Will Adobe give me a new licence, so that I can work with CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@rainerox 

are you having trouble activating your lightroom.  if so, use offline activation.

disconnect the installed computer from the internet

Launch the product.

At the Serial Number Validation screen, click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.

Click Offline Activation and click Generate a Response Code.

Write down the Request Code.

Switch to an online computer and navigate to www.adobe.com/go/getactivated.

Click Offline Activation.

Sign in with your Adobe ID.

Enter your Request code and click Generate.

Write down the Response code.

Switch back to the offline computer.

Enter the Response Code and click Activate.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/serial-number-validation-launching-cs6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Tina37805318rt3h we have been trying to reach you about case ADB-34801599-Q5V6 but have not received a response. Please use the steps listed in  https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html soon or the case will automatically close. I didn't see a copy of Lightroom registered under your account, but you are welcome to still follow this public discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bei mir hat's heute schließlich geklappt.

Eigentlich wollte ich für den Support eine Bildschirmaufnahme machen.

Habe dabei Lightroom angeklickt und diesmal erschien nicht die Meldung, dass ich mich anmelden muss, sondern, dass ich ein Update brauche, um Adobe-Dienste nutzen zu können. Sonst konnte ich abernichts anklicken und nichts schließen. Über den Task-Manager habe ich das Fenster geschlossen.

Daraufhin habe ich Creative Cloud geöffnet und dort kam auch direkt die Meldung für eine Aktualisierung. Das Update wurde durchgeführt. Ich habe erneut CC geöffnet, es fand wieder eine Aktualisierung statt.

Dann habe ich im Anschluss Lightroom geöffnet und siehe da... das Programm ließ sich öffnen und ich kann es nutzen. 

Ich weiß nicht, was jetzt im Endeffekt anders war. In den letzten Tagen hatte ich nur bisschen Kontakt mit dem Support, dem ich Infos von mir weitergegeben habe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines