• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Community Avatar

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those unable to find the place to edit their Community Avatar image and just want a quick answer,
The Adobe Community Avatar image is can be changed on the VIEW COMMUNITY PROFILE page, NOT the "Edit Community Profile" page.

For quite some time I've had a custom avatar for my Adobe account but in the discussion forums, it remained this:

2.png

I was about to post a gripe about it as I've seen many others do, but seeing that some people had custom avatars in the Community, I decided there had to be a way to do it and I finally had some time today to dig in and sort it out. I thought I'd share and hopefully get a fix for what I think is simply an overlooked error. I'll describe it as best that I can...

The Community Profile and the Account Profile use separate images. While the Account Profile image is simple to change, the Community Profile is a mess. 

To change the Account Profile avatar, clicking the avatar in the top right and then "manage account" on the menu takes you to a page that allows the account info and the avatar to be changed. Simple....

Just below that is a section for the Adobe Community. There it has "View Community Profile", "Edit Community Profile", and "Help". 

Basic user skills suggest that changing the avatar for the Community Profile would be just as simple... Click the "Edit Community Profile" section and edit. But that's not how it works.

Instead, when "Edit Community Profile" is clicked, the Communuty Profile page loads which shows the following at the top:

Community profile

"Your profile photo and name are managed through your Adobe Account. This information is visible to others and can be different from your account name if you choose. You can update your Public Profile at any time and it will automatically update anywhere your profile photo and name appear."

Below that is a box with the currently chosen Community Avatar on the left, the Adobe Account screen name, Community screen name, email, and company. NONE of these can actually be edited here.
On the right side of the box is a nice button that says "Edit on Adobe Account".

Occupation, signature, and time zone are in a second box below that are all editable. Settings for notifications, folllowing threads, and an entire tabbed page is there under preferences for nothing more than typing in how many threads you want on a page.  

Both the in-line hyperlink and the button in the Community Profile at the top of the "Edit Community Profile" page take the user to the Adobe Account Profile editing page. There, the user sees the Account Avatar, then probably thinks as I did...."Well, I've already set my avatar so apparently something is screwed up on Adobe's side so I'll try another time.". Or they try to edit it and then come back to the Community to be faced again with the previous avatar image. 

The Community Avatar, Community Screen name, and Company name cannot be edited in the "Edit Community Profile" section! The Screen name and Company name can be edited by following the link, so that's not a big deal. 

But the Community Avatar can't be edited there. 

Instead, to EDIT the Community Avatar, one has to go to the VIEW COMMUNITY PROFILE page by clicking on the tiny editing icon on the top-right of the Community Avatar image. 

This is just bizarre. At the very least, why not make the Avatar image on the "Edit Community Profile" page a hyperlink to the same edit page that is reached by clicking the icon on the "View Community Profile" page? If there's something that makes this too complex, then at the  very least, a "Click here to edit your Community Profile avatar" link should do the job just fine. I can't imagine it taking more than a couple minutes no matter how complex the site is. 

Autodidactic Attention Deficit Disordered Polymath
Idea No status
TOPICS
Community Information , General Feedback , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Forum Avatar was grandfathered in from when the community forums allowed us to create separate screen profiles.

But that was changed awhile ago. And I'm not sure if changing your Account Profile image will have much effect on the forums now.

Maybe if you remove your current image and replace it with a new one...  I haven't tested it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one ever noted how well organized the adobe forums are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one ever noted how well organized the adobe forums are.

By @kglad 

========

It's an ongoing work in progress...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Nancy OShea 

it is ongoing, i agree.  progress, i'm uncertain.

Votes

Translate

Translate