• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many clicks to get to app updates

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older versions of the Creative Cloud desktop app made it easier to see apps that needed updating. Now it seems I have to click on "Apps", then "Manage Updates" in the right sidebar. I swear it used to be a single click in a prominent, obvious place.

(Sidenote: In general, I feel lost finding basic maintenance functions amid the mess of marketing noise in the desktop app. What happened to just letting me DO MY WORK?)

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have notifications set to inform you when an update is available (assuming you don't want to automatically update).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, but that doesn't help me look at them later if I've cleared notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from download and install">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with a lot of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bunnyhero@J Woods , if you were in the "Apps" tab previously and hide the app UI, it should still be in the "Apps" tab when you bring the UI back into view. If you quit the app and relaunch, then that state is not persisted. Are you observing different behavior?

In terms of getting to your app updates, it appears that there's a bug where we're not persisting location when you switch tabs from the app updates view. I'm having the team look into this. There should now also be an option in the "Home" tab on the right that will show you the number of pending app updates and take you directly to the updates starting with the 6.2 version of the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kalvyn Rasquinha thanks for the reply. Though IMO as well as the 'Update Apps' issue, -the whole desktop CC app is a bit of a UI/UX 'mess'— and I think the OP was hinting at this as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, @J Woods . Any particular UX we need to pay attention to right away from your point of view?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kalvyn Rasquinha 

Thank you for reaching out and please bear with the merging of UI & UX comments together— IMO, these are just some of the things I would love to have looked at if poss.

creative_cloud_UI_UX.png

Shortcuts

• IMO, it's way too busy, and is it really required? I for one rarely/never use these shortcuts to start apps.
  • The icons ordered without a clearly understood logic (that I yet see)
  • The icons don't overflow, unlike the SUGGESTED links
  • Having 'external' links here (opening in browser etc) for me is challenging in a UX sense, they should be flagged as such or separated somehow, I feel it really breaks 'flow' to suddenly open a browser
  • There should be deeper customization in this page. Pin what I like, hide what I don't. It's a great window to your user base, but I think we might appreciate more 'useful' things like list of updates/changelogs/bug-alerts, even Adobe news etc.

Suggested

•  Having 'external' links here again for me is challenging in a UX sense, I don't expect to be taken 'out' of the app, but many links do just this. IMO they should be separate and marked clear;y as such
  • Even when I click 'MORE LIKE THIS' I don't seem to get more like this in any noticeable way

Recent

• Again, it also takes up a fair amount of screen space
  • Could it fold-out when only needed
  • When clicking a file-link it should open the file right? But for me when I click the filename, the files do not open the associated app— I still have to go to the ellipses option and click OPEN

RH Vert-Menu

• This section feels a little redundant OR a duplication of the RH Vert-Menu (Home, Apps, File, Discover...) could they be merged
  • If you have the menu positioned here, would something like frequently used actions work? But, I tell the CC app already that an action is important, and it doesn't appear in a place/way that I can easily access it again. For e.g. UPDATE ALL APPS. For e.g. you go to Apps, and check for updates is buried behind a menu, and actual action to update is behind another one again

RH-Top Horz-Menu

• This is not really problematic to me, but I just wondered if these links wouldn't be better served placed in the LH/RH menus? Just a thought...

I've focused mostly on the home section, but I may genuinely and humbly wonder if Adobe might be missing a trick with the potential uses here for the app.

Thanks again for the considering this, I hope it makes some sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed thoughts, @J Woods .

Shortcuts: good feedback. Do you use the shortcuts section to launch apps today? Why or why not?

Tangentially, in case you're looking for customization, you can hide shortcuts you don't want by clicking on the "Add shortcuts" button (confusing, I know) or by going to the "Preferences" and switching to "Home". You can also rearrange shortcuts via drag-and-drop.

Recent: Do you use this section a lot? Trying to contextualize the "fold out" suggestion - are you saying that you don't need this section the majority of the time so you only want it visible when needed?

The click behavior sounds like a bug - are you single clicking or double clicking? If you're double-clicking, it should open that file in the corresponding app. Can you share what filetype you're double clicking on?

RH Vert Menu: What other frequently used actions would you want to appear here? Would you want that to configurable by you or would it be recommendations based on recent actions?

RH Horz Menu: Yes, there is some redundancy with other afforances on the screen as you're calling out. We're trying to have this section be consistent across all Adobe apps so there's some level of familiarity - those other apps wouldn't have the same affordances as this app. Adding those redundant placements on this screen added more engagement with that feature compared to not having them.

Links going out of the app: This is feedback we've gotten a lot recently. I agree that we should keep experiences in context since the link out to the browser can be jarring. We're continuing to work on this - it typically requires working with our partner teams to have their experiences be embeddable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kalvyn Rasquinha 

Thanks for your comments, and apologies for the delay.

Do you use the shortcuts section to launch apps today? Why or why not?

Not so much, I can launch apps easily within Windows using the taskbar or Windows logo key and typing the first few letters from anywhere.

Tangentially, in case you're looking for customization, you can hide shortcuts you don't want by clicking on the "Add shortcuts" button (confusing, I know) or by going to the "Preferences" and switching to "Home". You can also rearrange shortcuts via drag-and-drop.

Thanks, that's helpful.

Recent: Do you use this section a lot? Trying to contextualize the "fold out" suggestion - are you saying that you don't need this section the majority of the time so you only want it visible when needed?

Currently, this section scrolls out of the screen, so recent items are listed outside your immediate screen-view. IMO, I thought it 'tidier' at least to have those items hidden until needed., the CC app is rather busy IMO.

The click behavior sounds like a bug - are you single clicking or double clicking? If you're double-clicking, it should open that file in the corresponding app. Can you share what filetype you're double clicking on?

TBH, I have tried both, but same result.

RH Vert Menu: What other frequently used actions would you want to appear here? Would you want that to configurable by you or would it be recommendations based on recent actions?

Access to functionality, not just CC app and yes, I would really appreciate customization (over recommendations even).

RH Horz Menu: Yes, there is some redundancy with other afforances on the screen as you're calling out. We're trying to have this section be consistent across all Adobe apps so there's some level of familiarity - those other apps wouldn't have the same affordances as this app. Adding those redundant placements on this screen added more engagement with that feature compared to not having them.

Ok got you.

Links going out of the app: This is feedback we've gotten a lot recently. I agree that we should keep experiences in context since the link out to the browser can be jarring. We're continuing to work on this - it typically requires working with our partner teams to have their experiences be embeddable.

Ok, good, if it has indeed resonated with others elsewhere, I hope it can all be brought together somehow to make this flow a little easier.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@J Woods 

• We are investigating Recents click issue. Could you please run the Log Collector tool (https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html) and share the log file with us. You can share the fine name or file on saabhatn@adobe.com
  • Also, please share the file type you are trying to open (library, psdc etc)
  • If it is library, Please go to Files-> Your Libraries tab. Check if the Libraries are loaded successfully on machine or not.
  • Also, Please share the relevant screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate