Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Provide list of images that are being synced in each direction in LrC itself

Engaged ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM

Prior to LrC/13.3,  In the Lightroom Sync tab of the Preferences dialog there was a list of images that were in the process of syncing with the Adobe Cloud.  This was removed as of LrC/13.3 when the cloud sync architecture was updated to improve performance and reliability.   

However, we are still seeing a large number of situations where numbers of images get stuck in the sync process and just sit there in limbo without change,  Other than being able to see how many images are in process each way, there is no place in LrC to see which images are involved other than a lenghy and complicated process to generate and then decipher a diagnostic report.  In addition it is not clear how to read those diagnostic reports.

PROPOSAL

Someplace in LrC itself, please provide a list of the images that are in the process of syncing in each direction.  If possible, inlude which direction they are going and what is being synced (just metadata, full image, etc.)

Thanks

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
27 Comments
Enthusiast ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still find the concept of posting feature requests for things that have been removed funny...

Meanwhile months later IPad users are still waiting on their "feature request" to bring landscape editing back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, should have never been removed, especially with such a flakey new sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely need something.   Currently have 8 listed as syncing that never completes.  And I think its only a few days since I was updated to 13.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

I recently migrated to a new laptop, copying over my LrC13.3 catalog files. After starting LrC, I can see that it's syncing 20 photos, then brings that number down to 0. And 30 seconds or so later, it's back at 20. I have no idea as to whether it's the same 20 photos being sync'd, or a different 20 each time. Nor can I see how many photos are in the queue to be sync'd.

Real step backward in not being able to see what's happening with the sync process...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sflinter That's normal for the initial resync for 13.3, so that should sort itself out in time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"there is no place in LrC to see which images are involved other than a lenghy and complicated process to generate and then decipher a diagnostic report.  In addition it is not clear how to read those diagnostic reports."

At least in some cases, LR says "Syncing n photos" but the generated Diagnostic Report indicates no files are getting synced. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at a loss to qualify and interpret the Adobe's "progress" on Lightroom Classic. They "upgraded" sync just to make it more dumb, more error prone, and removed what litte information users used to have regarding what exactly is the sync engine is doing at the moment! I guess it is the sign on our times, that people are having crazy ideas and cannot realize that making something WORSE does not mean UPGRAGING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on, be a good sport, they gave us Gen-Erase, that Photoshop has had for close to a year. Compared to the Ps implementation this new one in LrC just flat sucks! But hey, they gave us a new sync 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got my vote! Immediately after I updated to 13.3, five images got stuck in sync. There were no visible sync errors and, with no way to see which images were causing the problem, I wasted hours trying to troubleshoot the issue. In the end, it took two calls to Adobe Support (during which many troubleshooting steps were unsuccessfully attempted) and a subsequent escalation to engineering for those images to be identified. Once they were, of course, it was easy for me to remove them from "all synced photos," wait for the sync to complete and then add them back. If I could have seen those images at the outset in the sync panel, always possible before this latest update, it would all have been much simpler...and would have saved both me and Adobe staff much time. 

Sync in LRC has always been buggy. With this latest update, those bugs have become nearly impossible for users to squash on our own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like others mine has gotten to the point where it no longers shows any signs of movement.  Shows 8 photos to upload.  No sync errors showing.  New changes do seem to move up/down as required.

Did work with support and he took the Sync Diagnostic file, and some other logs.

My internet speed is fast enought that I would nuke the online, IF PEOPLE were not still reporting problems with that approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this isn't what you are asking for, but just in case it helps in the meantime, I found this in the new sync FAQ:

How can I know more about sync status?

The Cloud icon can tell you about the current sync status. You can see different icons for different statuses. Hovering over the Cloud icon gives more information about the current status. To know more about the image sync status:

• Selecting the Cloud icon will show the number of syncing images.
  • Hovering over the Cloud icon will give you a snapshot of the downloads and uploads.
  • The sync status of the assets can be seen in the tooltip of the sync icon on the image in the Library grid view.
  • If you see a sync that is stuck for a long time. 
    • To View Sync Status on Web, select the Cloud icon at the top right beside Web and then select the gear icon to open the Lightroom Sync Preferences. Hold the Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac) key to reveal the tab. Select View Sync Status on Web to redirect to Lightroom for Web, showcasing all the photos with sync issues, and take appropriate action.
    • Check if you have an All Sync Error collection created in the catalog. If yes, visit that collection and hover over the images for detailed error info.
    • If you don't see an All Sync Error collection, No sync issue on the web, and the numbers are still not settling down, contact Adobe Customer Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hovering over cloud icon WILL NOT give you snapshot of uploading and downloading images, just number of images being synced at the moment, and mine is stuck at 15 forever, with zero sync issues in the online page album. 

Hiding the buttons behind a hotkey was very dumb, look at the preference page - its got 3/4 of the page EMPTY at the bottom, with ZERO information, cotrols, or icons. This space could be utilized to continue showing detailed info on the images that are being synced currently, and could be expanded with more diagnostic and current status information!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The synch issue needs to be fixed and soon.  For those of us who fully use LR, LrC and the app based LR to integrate images, this has been a disaster.  As with others, LR shows no sync issues while LrC is stuck at syncing 13 images.  Clearly the problem is local.  And repeatative links by so called Adobe experts is not helping.  Create an elegant area in these programs to look at what is synching and what is having issues and a way to fix the problem.   Lest I may be looking for another provider to edit and organize my stuff...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the proposal to bring back the identification of the images with sync problems. LrC is stuck on syncing one image for me and Adobe tech support has not been helpful after five sessions with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, please we need this back, have 2 images stuck and can't figure out which ones thay are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used this feature a lot before it was removed. Since there are sync issues pretty regularly and there used to be a way to identify them it seems silly to remove a feature.

I have 5 photos endlessing syncing and no way to fix it. That's frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into a sync issue and of course I have the issue with the rest of you all. With everything going on with adobe in the last week or so, are they just trying to push people away from their products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definately feel we need something to show what the sync is working on and where it is getting stuck.  Otherwise it is just a black box.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has the information as to what is causing the synch issue been removed. It is madness. Please please bring it back! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, removing that info from LR Classic was not a good decision

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync has never been good, but it is now impossible - please either bring back the old not so good version or sort out the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is keeping me from upgrading to the latest release with the new Generative Fill. First time I had a failed upgrade in Lrc. Bring it back, Adobe or, at least, fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right! This isn't what we're asking for! I had 7 images stuck in sync in LrC 13.3. There was NO files or errors listed on the sync status page. Had to go to tech support for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! 

Votes

Translate

Translate