Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AI keep changing my color

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. So it doesn't matter when I worked on RGB or CMYK mode,

the color (and also the code of course) gradually change by itself.

The color keeps changing if I re-open the file even the color mode or settings remain the same.

original colororiginal colorchanged colorchanged color

As you can see, the colors on the top is my original color but it turns faded/darker at the bottom.

Help? anyone?

Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is important to say, though, that if you use a Pantone spot colour in your design, then the CMYK and RGB values can and must change if you change your colour profile. That's the rules...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.. All you need to do is to change your color mode from CMYK to RGB. Go to File > Document Color Mode > RGB. And RELINK your Image or pdf. If you don't relink your file you will NOT see any changes, So you MUST relink your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.. All you need to do is to change your color mode from CMYK to RGB.

By @Manasi5DD1

Generally this is not a good advice. You don't just change the document color mode without considering how the artwork will be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44596797-illust...

I'm having the same issue and apparently, cms is auto converting the values to preserver appearance. Which causes the colors to shift. I've posted my work around in the above link. Please check it out. Only happens when images are involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are describing is not a workaround and the solution has already been posted in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem when I switched to Illustrator 26.0.2. I am working in RGB, and import my brand color swatches each time. Illustrator wants to switch to CMYK every time I open the file. I fixed this with this trick. Everytime I open my illustrator files I just go to File > Document Color Mode > change from CMYK to RBG, then resave the file. When you create a new Illustrator file make sure to select Color Mode > RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a new Illustrator file make sure to select Color Mode > RGB.

By @Deleted User

That is a recipe for disaster.

When creating a new file, make sure you select document type of Screen, Mobile or film that already is in RGB. You don't want to convert a CMYK file to RGB, because that will mess up your swatches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this issue aswell, I couldn't get around it in AI but when if you switch to photoshop you can fill in your AI document with the correct colors that way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines