Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color difference between CPU/GPU previews

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a big color problem between CPU/GPU previews.
In GPU preview, the colors become dull, bland. I didn't have this issue before the latest updates when switching between the two.
I tried to reinstall an older version, but the problem persists.
I am having the problem on both indesign and illustrator.
Do you have a solution ?

Capture d’écran 2022-11-04 à 17.31.31 copie.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

So, I confirm that with a downgrade on MacOS Monterey, I no longer have any color difference problems when switching between CPU / GPU.

An update for Ventura will be welcome very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the trouble! This issue has been fixed in the Ventura update, v13.1. Many users have reported that this update has resolved the color difference between CPU/GPU previews on the internal MacBook display.

I suggest that you update your Ventura to the latest version and see if it resolves the issue for you as well.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Hi @Mouchet0D4C @Dmitrymoi,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details. We have investigated the issue, and it has been found reproducible on our end on Apple Silicon Mac running on macOS Ventura only. This is acknowledged and will be worked on by developers in future updates.

Currently, workarounds to this are to use CPU preview or run the app using rosetta or open as Intel or as @Mouchet0D4C suggested rolling back to macOS Monterey will work.

Anshul_Saini_1-1668031439359.png

Please check this UserVoice and upvote

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @aleny51244259,

Thanks for sharing the details. Would you mind trying to recalibrate both monitors using a different color profile and checking if the consistency is retained?

Note: Kindly use the same color profile for both monitors (if possible).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anubhav Majumder

I updated Illustrator to ver 27.7,  the color issues have been fixed! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anubhav M 

I'm very pleased to see that @aleny51244259  got his problem fixed, although I would like to point out that I have the same problem and my post from april 26 was never addressed. 

As a reminder:

Macbook Pro 14 M1 Max

Ventura 13.3.1

Illustrator 27.4 (Now 27.7, didn't change anything)

External Apple LED Cinema Display

Thanks for your help,
Capture d’écran, le 2023-07-17 à 14.39.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @mlleCooke,

We're sorry to hear that you're still having problems. It is possible that the external display and the MacBook are using different color profiles. Would you mind trying to use the same color profile to recalibrate the displays and then restarting the computer to check if it helps?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening for me! 

Macbook Pro M1 MAX

Ventura 13.1 

Ai 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @AXXXXXXXXX,

We understand how frustrating it can be to experience issues with color consistency in Illustrator, especially when working across multiple monitors. I hope the suggestions shared above helped resolve the problem. If not, we may need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on windows 10 with Illustrator 28.2 (64bit) GPU/CPU Preview change the colors.

Other colors i see when use preview GPU (Nivida) then with CPU.

This is a big bug. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @DutchAlex,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this community post (https://adobe.ly/3SV2D80) and checking if they help?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this is still relevant, but I finally got this to work on my iMac with the latest 2024 version of Illustrator. I used Bridge to sync the color setting across Adobe products. Bridge>Edit>Color Settings> North American Prepress2. This seems to have fixed the GPU/CPU color discrepancy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines