• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 26.2.1 Windows 10 Slow Performance

Explorer ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached a video, check it and provide a suggestion to fix it if possible. The color is supposed to change instantly but it is lagging a lot.

My config is-

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

RAM : Corsair Vengence 16 GB 3200 MHz x 2 = 32 GB

GPU : Zotac GeForce GTX 1660Ti (Non-AMP)

HDD : Seagate Barracuda 4 TB

SSD : Gigabyte M.2 256 GB

[Renamed by Mod]

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

@Anubhav Majumder  I changed into the Administrator account by unlocking it. To my surprise, the lag was reduced by a large margin. If the lag was 100% before then, to the new account, the lag is now about 10%. If I change the color 20 times, it lagged about 3 times, whereas it used to be about 7-8 times on average. However, although this change of account has addressed the problem a bit, I cannot use it as a permanent solution though. Creating another user account and settings things like my ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Shay5EC7_0-1655243369207.png

So, I updated my BIOS. I don't wanna rush to a conclusion, but after the update, things have improved by a large margin but the lag still remains not as bad as it used to be. When I experienced the lag again, this time, 1/10 clicks, I decided to go to the task manager and see if anything unusual going on and I found one task named Adobe Illustrator in "Not Responding". Could that be the issue? Before if I clicked to change color, 5/10 times it would lag, now it lags 1/10 times. This is tested im

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate the issue.

Could be an issue with the mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, the mouse is fine, I tried on my friend's computer via teamviewer which runs CC 2020, no issues there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: I tried some previous versions 2019-21, all had the same problem on my end. Some of my friends run 2019 and 2020, but none faced this issue as far as I know. My video drivers are up to date. Can't seem to figure out what might be causing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shay5EC7,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I would recommend you update Ai to the v26.3.1 released recently. Also, please update GPU drivers for your graphics card released yesterday.

Nvidia Studio Driver

Game Ready Driver 

Let us know if that helps!

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini  Hi, thanks for replying. I updated my gpu driver like you said, earlier, I was using 512.77 and now currently using 512.95. I wanna inform you just in case that, I use NvidiaCleanstall to install drivers to leave out the things that I don't need. I am attaching a video to show you how I install drivers and what parts I leave out if that helps with the diagnosis. I am also using the latest version of AI as you said. Since the problem occurred on every version I tried so far so I think there is a problem on my end but I can't seem to figure out what is causing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still remains, I forgot to mention that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Shay5EC7,

Sorry to hear that. Kindly check if it is acting this way under a different admin account and check if it helps.

Also, try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anubhav Majumder  I changed into the Administrator account by unlocking it. To my surprise, the lag was reduced by a large margin. If the lag was 100% before then, to the new account, the lag is now about 10%. If I change the color 20 times, it lagged about 3 times, whereas it used to be about 7-8 times on average. However, although this change of account has addressed the problem a bit, I cannot use it as a permanent solution though. Creating another user account and settings things like my main account will be a hassle. Since none of my friends have gone through this, there must be a permanent solution. This problem is likely caused not by adobe but by windows, and it is probably clashing with Illustrator (my assumption). Is there any way to figure out what is causing it and how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention, I reset the preference on my main account in Illustrator, but it didn't do anything. Same lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Shay5EC7,

Thanks for confirming that. This seems to be an issue with the permissions under the primary user account. Kindly follow the steps shared in this help article and check if it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html#:~:text=to%20Adobe%20...

If not, you might need to remove and re-install Illustrator by following the steps shared in this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anubhav Majumder  I tried the first step, it did improve the lag a bit but did not remove it entirely. So tried the second step by downloading the creative cloud remover app but Kaspersky keeps deleting it saying it's a trojan. Is it though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shay5EC7,

Thanks for confirming that. CC cleaner tool is not a trojan. However, if you need further assistance clean reinstalling the Illustrator, I'd recommend you to connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Let us know if you still need any further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini I tried the script and uninstalled Illustrator using that and re-installed the app. Still the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anshul_Saini @Anubhav Majumder  Did you find any solution yet? 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Shay5EC7,

Sorry for the late response. I would request you to try removing all Adobe apps and then re-installing them by following these steps in order:

• Close all Adobe applications
  • Backup your preferences for the apps you use from
    C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming
    You may also go to this location by entering this in a Run Prompt using the Windows + R keys:
    %appdata%/\adobe

run appdata.png

• Next, use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove all Adobe apps.
  • Then remove all Adobe folders from the following locations:
    C:\Program Files\Adobe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe
    C:\ProgramData\Adobe
    C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Adobe
    C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe
    C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

Note: Some folders may be hidden, and you may need to turn on the option for showing hidden folders from the Windows Explorer:

AnubhavMajumder_0-1654688141692.png

• Restart your computer and then re-install Adobe Creative Cloud and your apps.

Kindly update this discussion if the issue persists or if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anubhav Majumder  I cleaned all apps, and deleted all the folders as you asked but still the same problem. I have a hunch but not sure if that is causing the issue or not. I'll be talking to Asus and updating to the latest BIOS. This is part of leaving no stone unturned, let's see what happens. I'll post an update.

Shay5EC7_0-1655233316787.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shay5EC7_0-1655243369207.png

So, I updated my BIOS. I don't wanna rush to a conclusion, but after the update, things have improved by a large margin but the lag still remains not as bad as it used to be. When I experienced the lag again, this time, 1/10 clicks, I decided to go to the task manager and see if anything unusual going on and I found one task named Adobe Illustrator in "Not Responding". Could that be the issue? Before if I clicked to change color, 5/10 times it would lag, now it lags 1/10 times. This is tested immediately after updating to the latest BIOS as I am writing this reply so still not 100% sure if ftpm was causing the lag or not. @Anubhav Majumder 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Shay5EC7,

Sorry for the late response. OS / BIOS / Driver updates can sometimes improve performance, which seems to be the case here. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines