• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects jumping around when moving

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have done the latest Illustrator update, sometimes when I go to move an object with the selection tool, holding shift to keep the object level, the object won't move where I want it to. A green circle with a plus sign in the middle of it appears, and the object jumps all over the screen or jumps back to where it was, and makes a sound. It is very frustrating. It isn't a snapping issue. I have never had this problem until recently.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Hi @SPEEDBALL 2.0,

We are sorry for the trouble & delayed response. Would you mind resetting the Illustrator v26.5 preferences and checking if that helps?

If it doesn't, would you mind confirming if you are using a Magic Mouse or touchpad & sharing a small recording demonstrating the issue would be really helpful for us?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just managed to do a video of the issue. I thought it was just when holding shift, but it isn't. It can be when moving any object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Guides and the shift key (for restricted transforming) don't cooperate well.

Try it without the shift key and let the smart guides guide you (the mark the horizontal/vertical move). Or turn off the smart guides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue isn't only when I hold the shift key, and I don't ever have smart guides turned on, so it's nether of these things. It's never done it before in years of using Adobe Illustrator, so there is clearly a glitch somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you also don't have Snap to grid or snap to pixels turned on?

Does it work in a new document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't have any of those turned on, they drive me mad! It has happened in every document I have worked on in Illustrator probably for the last month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Monterey 12.3?

And have you been on that system for the last month?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 12.2.1 at the moment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing exactly the same also since a month!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! I can't move my objets properly! They always snap back into place. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also exeperiencing the same issue - no smart guides or "snap to" options enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think it's an Adobe glitch with some update. I work on a MacBook pro Montery 12.0.1 in Ai 2022. 

Feels like it's a bug they could fix. It's very frustrating when working long hours in AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think so too. It is really frustrating, and it really does waste a lot of time when you add up the hours spent using Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
@laurah34528772 @Catharina5F94 @Stillwater2363147062y4 @Fatih2182095838g0 

Sorry for the trouble. Multiple users have reported this issue. The green + sign shows up file moving/ dragging an object.

We have logged a bug with the product team, and they have started investigating the issue. I would request you to share a few details like:

• Please confirm the OS you are using @Adriana23624888zgxa
  • Please confirm you are running Illustrator v26.1
  • Please confirm you are using Apple Magic.
  • Is this issue replicable if you revert to an older version of Illustrator?

Also, I would request you to upvote the following UserVoice if not done already.
(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/44914921-v26-1-...)

Please share this information. It would be really helpful for us.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same exact thing as soon as I updated Illustrator to 26.1. 

Mac OS Big Sur (11.5.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. The product team is working hard on this, and the fix will be released with the next update.
The + sign icon while dragging the object in Illustrator only happens with the Apple Magic mouse.

I would request you all to upvote this UserVoice if not done already, and please be patient & stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, you may downgrade to Illustrator v26.0.3 until the fixed gets released. (This helped some users.)

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @laurah34528772 @susief18086447 @Catharina5F94 @Stillwater2363147062y4 @Fatih2182095838g0,

I am glad to inform you all that this issue has been fixed in the latest Illustrator update, v26.2.1, released yesterday. I would request you to update and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Anshul_Saini

That's great, thanks for sorting it!

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh nooooooo... It's happening again! 
macOS Monterey version: 12.5 (21G72)
Illustrator 26.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just thinking the same thing!!! It's happened to me twice today. Thought I was imagining things!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been happening to me all day yesterday and today after I updated. Now objects are just moving out of control and the dinging sound won't stop!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the most recent update yesterday and started having this exact issue, so the issue is not fixed!!! Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue appeared earlier in v26.1 and later got fixed in v26.2.1, but it has resurfaced again.

The product team is aware of the issue & they have identified the issue and currently working on a fix. I would request you to upvote this UserVoice for updates and stay tuned for the updates.

In the meantime, you may install the older version of Ai v26.3.1.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

#Marking it correct to highlight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines