Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign Flashing Screen When Moving Objects

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am using indesign on my 14inch macbook pro apple m1 monterey. Each time I move an object the artboard & background workspace flashes. I have checked and both my indesign & macbook softwares are up to date. 

I have noticed it seems to happen when I drag the indesign window from my main macbook screen to my seperate monitor. That seems to activate the glitch and then it flashes each time I move an object on both my macbook & monitor screen.

Hoping theres a way to fix this thanks

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Problem is fixed in Sonoma 14.3 released January 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is fixed in Sonoma 14.3 released January 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see .. took at how long to fix it and I'm gonna just trust it was fixed? I had to revert back to Ventura so I could actually work efficiently, I'll wait ... You guys let me know 😉  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The annoying flashing in InDesign when selecting objects, but especially when selecting text, has disappeared to the extent that the window only flashes once when the cursor is first positioned in the text. But then no more.

However, the annoying problems with Photoshop have not been eliminated.
There is a display problem there too. Images are always opened with partially transparent areas. Either a third, half or even a quarter of the image is transparent. Alternatively, the content of a previously edited image is displayed, which has long since been closed. The content is displayed correctly in the layer icon. If you zoom into the image, the content is also displayed correctly in the file window. This problem also occurred for the first time with Sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already, the Photoshop issue should be reported in the Photoshop forum. Reporting it here will have no effect at all. This forum is only for InDesign issues. A different team develops Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue still persists on Apple M1 Pro despite updating to the latest Sonomy. Enabling GPU support further causes project elements to disappear. Any work is only possible with CPU support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed huh? So the flickering I see today while moving objects in INDD at 10:32am CST. 3-21-24, must just be my imagination. It's still a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you've given us no information to go on, there's no way to even guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was simply responding to the OP. It's a frustrating thing as others have posted. I do beleive turning off the GPU option fixed it for now (and should be listed as the 'correct answer'.  But thank you for responding Bob! BTW, my profile may claim I'm a beginner, but trust in the 30+ years of experience from this guy, my frustration isn't from being an amateur and not knowing how to fix things. So I do appreciate easy fixes. I just hope Adobe doesn't turn into a Pagemaker or Quark full of problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we're not mindreaders here. And...this issue was proven to be, in most cases, caused by bugs in Sonoma that Apple finally fixed in 14.3.

So, if you had simply stated what your system specs were, we'd be in a position to help. Of course, by now, we know you only wanted to rant so I hope you feel better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A rant would have been much more creative Bob, but thank you for the well-wishes. Have a better day Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it worked! thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines