• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign on Sonoma

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried Indesign on MacOS Sonoma?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Hi @100pk,

Thank you for reaching out. We're currently in the process of testing and optimizing our latest apps to run on macOS 14 Sonoma. We recommend that you check the system requirements of InDesign for the latest information on compatibility with operating systems and hardware. For more details, please check this page

Thanks
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 223 Replies 223
Participant ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, what are your findings? I work on a Mac Studio with two connected Apple Display screens. Do you see any problems in running InDesign on Sonoma?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign 2024 kept crashing on my new MacBook Pro M3 chip - so I tried to uninstall, and reinstall. Now it won't even download/install. Same with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the solution for your issue mentioned here. https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/mac-pro-m3-chip-os-14-can-t-download-cc-... 

You might also need to place a call to Adobe support and ask them to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See post below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just ran the 19.1 update; has anyone seen that update and does it change anything regarding to Sonoma??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The fixes for Sonoma have to come from Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugger, it remains a pity that information about this problem is not very accessible…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

19.1? No the last version I’ve got is 19.0.1 . No 19.1 yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

19.1 is rolling out now but it will probably be a week before everyone sees it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe actually advises that you update to the latest OS before updating InDesign. (Top left of page. Last updated today):
https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/system-requirements.html

"Before you check the system requirements, ensure that your operating system (Windows or macOS) is up to date."

Seem contradicionary to other advices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very poorly worded to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. If one were to follow it literally, you would likely have problems every time Apple updated to the new macOS. I always wait a couple of bug fix updates before installing a major new macOS version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've also published different info between product page and overview.

Illustrator on Sonoma compatability page here: 
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-sonoma-compatibility-common-issues.html
Do my Adobe apps work on macOS 14 Sonoma?
Illustrator not listed.

Illustrator product page:
https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html#ai-on-the-desktop

Operating System

• macOS 14 (Sonoma)
  • macOS v13 (Ventura)
  • macOS v12 (Monterey)
  • macOS v11 (Big Sur)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well look at this … Adobe updated their Sonoma compatibility webpage, saying InDesign compatible with Sonoma with some issues. This also differs to the system requirement page of InDesign, but I guess they haven’t updated that one yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems to reference a version 19.1 of InDesign, which doesn't seem to have been released yet. For me, I just upgraded to Sonoma and InDesign is running very slow on opening and closing documents. Doesn't seem to be an issue with the other apps, but this is definitely a hindrance. I wonder if the 19.1 is forthcoming and if it addresses this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update to 19.1 is on a rolling update. I always get those updates last because I live in the US, and we're always last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm in the US too. If they're referencing it in the documentation it's probably coming. But I get the spinning beach balls when opening and closing documents. It's pretty frustrating as the OS is very zippy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated my 2021 M1 MacBook Pro runnung InDesign 19.0.1 to Sonoma 14.2.

I just graded my fall InDesign class last week so have lots of files for a magazine project my students worked on. I have the GPU turned on my default. I am have NO spinning beach balls when opening and closing any of the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Art Director here for several magazines. Staff and I are on the same Mac, all maxed out with 64gb ram and running the latest ID version on Sonoma 14.2. All have GPU on. All have the same constant problem opening / saving / closing like slugs. I wonder what could be different on yours to evade the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering, I’m assuming you went through the normal troubleshooting like deactivating all non system fonts to see if it’s a font problem again? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mentioned this in another post, but that initially happened to me. I had to completely uninstall, restart, and reinstall and that part of the Sonoma incompatibility seemed to have gone away. It still can be a bit slow at times, but it is much more functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

19.1 hasn’t been released in Germany either. I really was considering upgrading to Sonoma over the Christmas holidays, but still hesitating. I wouldn’t have a problem with the reported preview glitch if this only occurs using CPU preview, which I only use in overprint view. But slow opening and closing performance would annoy me as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm been keeping up with Sonoma reports on this forum and the Prerelease forum. I haven't heard other reports of slow opening and closing performance. I'm in the same situation as @sevenK . I was planning on upgrading to Sonoma during Christmas holidays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't if I were you. I work heavily in InDesign and greatly regret it. The slow saving and closing of documents is really annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow. well at lerast it's not just me. i was starting to wonder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines