• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable To Convert Spreads To Pages

Engaged ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a book that was setup for print. Now I need to make an ePub out of it. I went into the Docunent Setup and changed the Intent to Web and unchecked Facing Pages. The document is still showing the content as spreads. 

Untitled-1.jpg

It's only an island if you look at it from the water.
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

I see another thread by you with the same question. Did you try the suggestions marked in the correct answer there?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/unchecking-facing-pages-to-convert-spreads-to-pages-not-working/td-p/13277272
You could also try exporting your document to IDML and resaving it to INDD and then try again, maybe the document is corrupted somehow and hence things are not working as expected.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see another thread by you with the same question. Did you try the suggestions marked in the correct answer there?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/unchecking-facing-pages-to-convert-spreads-to-pa...
You could also try exporting your document to IDML and resaving it to INDD and then try again, maybe the document is corrupted somehow and hence things are not working as expected.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing my other post out to me which I forgot about. Now it's working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your screen grab, since your "spreads" are no longer arranged on a center line, I suspect you had "Allow pages to Shuffle" unchecked before you did the change.  Check that setting and try again,

Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 11.26.35 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're spot on. Pages to Shuffle was not checked. I also forgot to select all of the pages, but "thanks" to my previous post on this, I was able get the document into single pages. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a problem worth resolving, but if you're exporting to reflowable EPUB, the document/print layout should be irrelevant.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point. I just prefer to work in single page layout for ePub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines