• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Catalog fails update from 10.4 to 11.0

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated Lightroom to 11.0 this morning. The first message I get is "Cannot convert catalog" and reference to an Adobe webpage.

I've checked and there is no LRCAT.LOCK file. All my other catalogs have converted with no problems. It's the big one (of course) that is an issue.

I'm running an Intel iMac 27in (2019) with 64GB Ram and about 300GB free on the main hard drive. Photos are stored both on the main drive and an external drive. This is a configuration I've used extensively for a few years now and have about 112000 photos in the catalog. The OS is macOS Big Sur v11.6.

Any suggestions are appreciated. In the interim I've started a new catalog and am "adding in place" the photo files. That means I'll lose the collections, but I guess there are worse outcomes possible.

Thanks.      ...Doug

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Lightroom Classic 11.0.1 was released on 11.15.2021 and contains a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Creative Cloud Application ([Cmd/Ctrl]+[Opt/Alt]+[ R ])and install the Lightroom Classic update. Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Greetings -

To those who have sent catalogs, thank you. We do not need additional catalogs at this time. 

Update 11/3/2021:

At this time our investigation has revealed a small number of customers with an update issue that will be remedied in our next release. Evaluating catalogs sent to us (thank you) has revealed three classes of failure:

1. Customers who are affected by this bug (We've returned catalogs for the original group supplied to us)
  2. Customers whose catalogs have no issue upgrading o

Votes

Translate

Translate
53 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing... I tried to get it to convert the LRCAT a couple of different routes. One told me to "use Lightroom 7.0" to open and resave the catalog.

...Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties.

Can you Zip your LRCAT file and send it to me? If so, you can direct message me a link to download the file. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done. Thanks for looking into this.

...Doug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog worked under LrC 10.4 previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct, Rikk.

I was working on it all this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting Status to Started

Have received catalog and am unable to upgrade it as well. 

Investigating

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rikk,

I have had contact with Paul McFalane (lightroomgueen.com) regarding a similar issue.

My previous catalog (v10) worked fine up till Sunday. This afternoon I wanted to upgrade to v11. 

The process stopped and got the message that the catalog was damaged. Tried various times to repair it. All didn't work. until I changed the name off the new catalog to Main-v11. This seems to have solved the problem. The catalog is upgraded to v11.0 according to about menu. It has been downloading (mobile) photo's for a while.

After finishing, I closed LR with auto backup and restarted LR. All seems okay, for the time being. It looks like all the photot's are in the catalog. So far so good.

I'll repost if the are any other issues the coming days.

Maybe choosing an other catalog-name could help others. Butt this would be too simple a solution...

Ernst Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - make sure you hit the upvote at the top of this post. If engineering requests it, I may need you to send me a catalog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I installed yesterday the new version LRC V11 (FRENCH) , after starting the program it began to upgrade the catalog but i got soon the error message ' Unable to upgrade the catalog , it cannot be used anymore with this version of LRC " (translated from french)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team found a fault in your catalog. I have direct messaged you with a link to your repaired catalog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you a direct message requesting your catalog as well, Ernst @ejb79191186 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Same issue here.. after i updated my catalog to v11 the program stuck and had to force quit several times..

no solution yet .The OS is macOS Big Sur v11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I am a bit lost in translation -)

I upgraded the french version LRC V11 (WIN 10) yesterday , but I got error message "Unable to upgrade...) each time I tried to upgrade the main catalog or a backup catalog  

Claude

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk,

The zipped file is still to big.

Can I send it to you via wetranfers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  I will message you the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows LR 11 classic is not able to convert the LR 10 catalog to the new format of LR 11. I only get the error message "Beim Aktualisieren des Formats der Katalogdatei in Lightroom ist ein Problem aufgetreten. Dieser Katalog kann nicht mit dieser Lightroom-Version verwendet werden." (see attached screenshot).

Fortunately I was able to go back to LR 10.4. But Adobe: Please remove this conversion bug from Lightroom 11 and tell your customers, that the problem is resoved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with my upgrade from V10.4 to V11.
LR reset to V10. LR will then work normally again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Downgraded to LR 10.4 and am back in business. I'll backup the catalog and try the rename method. This is a bug for sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I optimized the catalog in LR 10.4, backed up. Made a renamed copy and then tried LR 11. Still fails to convert catalog. Going back to 10.4. What a total waste of time. Testing much, Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings -

To those who have sent catalogs, thank you. We do not need additional catalogs at this time. 

Update 11/3/2021:

At this time our investigation has revealed a small number of customers with an update issue that will be remedied in our next release. Evaluating catalogs sent to us (thank you) has revealed three classes of failure:

1. Customers who are affected by this bug (We've returned catalogs for the original group supplied to us)
  2. Customers whose catalogs have no issue upgrading on our end. (We've returned catalogs updated to those customers who've supplied them)
  3. Customers whose catalogs have a flaw preventing upgrading requiring recovery from a catalog repair (Adobe Customer Care) or recovery from a backuple 

A responable bridge step would be to revert to 10.4, open your catalog, run an Optimize Catalog, backup your catalog and then update to 11.0 and attempt to update this backup. If that doesn't work proceed to the next step. 

For those customers having an issue still, engineering has created a file to help obtain logging information for the engineering staff. The file (config.lua) is available at this link: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/cadbc675-4e28-45a2-7659-f2e05ef7ed66 

On Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/config.lua.

On Windows: C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom\config.lua.

If you are experiencing this problem still, install the file, restart your computer and attempt to upgrade your catalog again. 

Specifically:

Updatev11.log and AgCatalogUpgrade.log are requested.  Both of the log files will get created in USER_HOME/Documents/LrClassicLogs folder. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the current LrC upgrade, I'm told in must update the catalog. After updating, LrC seems to work as expected does a nornal save.
When I run LrC again, it wants to upgrade the catalog again. If IU do this all the photo changes  made in the previous run are lost.
This happens on my two desktop computers running Windos as follows:
Dell desktop running Window 11;
HP desktop running Windows 10.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times on each computer via Adobe Creative Cloud yo no avail.
LrC is now made useless by this "upgrade".

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Lightroom V11 this morning and when I launched the program it said that it needed to update my old catalog to the new version of Lightroom (v11).  But about 3 or 4 minutes into the update, it crashes.  I tried it a couple more times and it always crashes.  How do I get up and going with the new version and getting my catalog converted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue. Sometimes I don't even make it to the catalog update and it crashes... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with my main catalogue.  I tried optimising the catalogue before attempting an update but still the same.  I have sent the catalogue file to Adobe and they have said they have repaired it, but they haven't its still the same. Grrr !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem.  I'm running Windows 10.  Waiting impatiently for a solution from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate