• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Compare View on 2nd Monitor shows no image on Zoom.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After LR Classic 13.0 and update 13.0.1 Lightroom is behaving weird on my second monitor.
Before I could use the compare mode on the second monitor when in the develop module on the first without any issues.
Could zoom in and out on the comparisons.
After the update this behaves odd.

Sometimes it will zoom in and out as before but most of the time it doesn't and one of the selected pics for comparison won't even show (just black) or sometimes even zooms in at a different percentage compared to the other. This only occurs when in the Develop module.

Switching from Compare to Loupe on the second monitor sometimes won't work either - display goes black.

When I switch to the Library module on the first screen there's no issue.

I've got a very robust Windows system with 32 GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB of RAM which before (v 12.5) just did the job without any trouble.

Seems like Adobe rushed to do this update but forgot to test it thouroughly.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The December 2023 updates contain an update for this issue. 

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 161 Replies 161
161 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change the language to English, does it behave?

Adobe appears to get complications in some languages during upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, library zoom on second monitor works fine but develop wont zoom over 100% giving a black screen.

I use W11 with NVIDA rt3070.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use Nikon ? I hear abaut some Canon user that it will works fine with cr3 files ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use canon cr3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second monitor works correctly with gpu acceleration switched off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seit dem Update von Lightroom Classic auf Version 13 habe ich folgendes Problem:

Ich habe am zweiten Bildschirm die Lupenansicht eingestellt. Wenn ich eine Vergröserung (z.B. 100%) wähle wird die Anzeige schwarz. Das ist aber nur im „Entwickeln“ Modul der Fall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Said it all in the subject really. I'm running on dual monitors and when in the Develop module I can zoom in on the primary screen no problem, but if I zoom in on the second screen it just goes black. In Grid and Loupe view zooming on either screen still works fine.

Lightroom Classic 13.0 

Windows 11 Pro version 22H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same issue since updating to 13.0 zoom on seond monitor works fine in library mode but not in develop. It appears ok up to 100% but beyond this a black screen. If you switch gpu acceleration off it works fine.

I had hoped 13.0.1 would fix this.

I am using an RTX3070 gpu wit latest drivers installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to replicate the issue consistently on Windows 10 on nVidia GTX 970. I will log a bug. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding bug and updating status. 
@Mark Suller  I will merge you into this report as I couldn't repro your issue. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk, there was a similar post a few days ago which I also replied to so at least another one user having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, except second screen is not completely black. Part of the image is zoomed surrounded by black.  Result varies depending on where you click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. apparently a bug, Adobe have to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom in on 2nd monitor goes out of frame. I can't zoom in to the centre of the photo I'm viewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Just noticed it seems to only happen when in the Develop Module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich habe das gleiche Problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Test Again, and with switch gpu acceleration off it will not work on all my Systems. I am Nikon User. And i have all new Drivers

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Windows 11, Geforce GTX 960 with Latest drivers. If I try to zoom to 100% on second screen while in develop mode, it goes black.

Sometimes, If I click to zoom immediately after switching to a new image, it will stay visible when I zoom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I initially had the same issue with LR13, Win11, NVidia RTX 3060Ti with newest Studio driver 537.58

When in develop, if I changed to other zoom levels other than fit on the 2nd monitor then a portion of the screen went black.

I then noticed that the Loupe info on the 2nd screen would not change when I toggled through each mode with the "I" key.

I switched back to the Library Loupe view and toggled through Loupe info mode with the I key. (Both screens changed)

When I went back to Develop mode the 2nd screen zoom was working correctly.

But, I am still unable to change the Loupe info mode on the 2nd Screen while in Develop only the primary screen changes.

The 2nd monitor stays set on whatever was applied while in the Library Loupe.

So, it is now possible to set both monitors to show different Loupe Info modes (2nd monitor needs to be changed in the Library Loupe).

I do not believe that was previouly possible? I am sure both Develop and Library Loupe shared the same Loupe Info modes?

So, far the 2nd monitor zoom blackouts have not re-occured since changing Loupe info.

So, it looks the blackout issues with the 2nd monitor zoom are related to the Loupe info?

I have NOT reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the same config (W11 pro - 3060Ti with same studio driver)
Changing Loupe info doesn't make any difference on my system.
Develop mode + zooming in on pics on secondary display still results in black screen.

When in Compare mode on secondary both images appear but upon zooming in on the left-one the right-one will show up zoomed-in but the left-side picture disappears and viceversa.
Not great when comparing different edits on the same picture...

Have Graphics Processor switched off now though as this doesn't have any issues, though Lightroom occasionally throws you a popup to enable the Graphics Porcessor 'cause it's (supposedly) supported.

Hope they'll fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here on a windows 10 pro machine amd ryzen 7 with a Nvidia 3050ti grafic inbuilt. I work with 2 external Monitors and up to now had no issues with that.

I double checked that it is no regression of that old Hardware acceleration bug. The behaviour also occurs when switching off hardware acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it is vice versa - I can zoom without issues in the library module but not in the develop module.

Seems to be very weird!

[EDIT]

I just downgraded to 13.0 to see if that fixes the bug for now (cannot go back further due to database was upgraded already).

The bug is also in 13.0 - so was introduced in the 13 line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well after starting Lightroom again today the problem is back. (After a PC restart)

Changing info view mode does not help anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same behaviour happens in my system since the latest update (v13....). Besides that and even worse is the gamma shift on the secondary monitor. It is so pronounced that even dialing down the exposure results in a kind of  "solarized" image, instead of pitch black. I also feel that the colors are a bit off on the secondary display. Tried everything (I think) in the preferences menu, but the result was consistent, which is not acceptable.

I downgraded to version 12.5 and none of this happens anymore. No loupe/zoom problems, no gamma shifting and the colors are again coherent in both displays.

Both my screens are calibrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seitdem ich die Version 13 LrC installiert habe, kann ich im Entwicklungsmodus auf dem zweiten Bildschirm keine 100%-Ansicht mehr darstellen, was in der Bibliotheksansicht noch funktioniert. Gerade dieses Kriterium hat mich bewogen bei Lr Classic zu bleiben. 

Votes

Translate

Translate