• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LrC Second monitor blurry in Ver 10.2 Develop Module

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in the Develop module my second monitor becomes blurry.  This happened at the time of 10.2 update. I am running iMacPro and MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3.  Interestingly, LR system info incorrectly shows I'm running MacOS 10.16.0.

iMacPro 

64GB Ram

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

LG Ultra Fine Display 27in - Secondary Monitor

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 147 Replies 147
147 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am having this same issue as described by previous commenters in this thread. I have taken the steps already advised and still the same results. As soon as 'develop' is selected the images blur. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add that I was went back to version 10.1.1 and that fixed the monitor issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue.  I did all the fixes suggested above and they did not work.  It is not the monitor or connection, Photoshop presents the same image on the second monitor at the same resolution, sharply.  2015 MBP, 16gb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have any of you tried Lightroom in single monitor mode with Lightroom at 100% on the external monitor? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that, the photo is not blurred on the second monitor when using single monitor mode on the external monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m picking up a blurred image on my second display in the develop module using Lightroom classic 10.2 

Any ideas why ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Lightroom in single monitor mode at full screen on your 2nd display. This has fixed it for others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill seems to have done the trick 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Of course we still need a fix from Adobe but I think they are tracking it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have run into this problem after installing Lr 10.2. 2020 17" iMac, with secondary monitor Dell U2720Q.  2nd monitor connected via TB3 (daisy chained behind a OWC Thunderbay 4).

For me the issue is intermittent, and I can't (yet?) determine the pattern.  When it happens, it happens immediately on changing from the Library to the Develop module, or when moving from one image to another in Develop.

When it occurs, sometimes I can resolve it by moving back or ahead one image and then moving back (this trick worked for a long time with a similar prior versions bug where the image on the secondary monitor would be "ghostish," that is, very light and faded, which I haven't seen yet on 10.2).  Other times, moving ahead/back and then returning does NOT resolve the issue, and I just can't use the secondary monitor on that image.

Waiting does not change anything; it doesn't appear to be an issue of Lr building a new preview.

I'll keep an eye out to see if I can discern a pattern that would make the bug reproducible at will.

2020 17" iMac/OS 10.15.7/64GB/

3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have discovered, just use one monitor while Adobe works on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm seeing this too.

MBP 13” late 2013, 16GB RAM running MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Second monitor 4k LG 27UL600. Use graphics processor is OFF. Problem appeared with LrC 10.2 and happened permanently and consistently.

Tried reinstalling LrC 10.2 as described above, didn't help. Downgraded to 10.1.1 and it works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honest Bill, I'd rather keep using 10.1.1 and use my two big monitors. For what I do 10.2 wasn't a big change. 10.1.1 is fast enough for me. I don't have any 'new' cameras. They are all relatively old. So, I'll wait to see what adobe does with 10.2.1 or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a good plan. I've forgotten what was improved with 10.2. 

The coming high resolution feature requires taking multiple shots so only good for inanimate subjects. The ultra low noise reduction DxO feature would be nice if Adobe added it to Lightroom.  

I'd really like to see focus stacking added to Lightroom so I can avoid the round trip to Photoshop. 

I'm only hoping for more performance from the usage of the video card so I can justify the expense of an upgraded card. Well, justify is too strong as there are few delays of more than a second. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read that performance was improved. I'm ok with what is happening in 10.1.1 for now. It doesn't affect my work in any way. New camera and lens support. Some tethering stuff added. Also some changes to how batch editing works.

I like your suggestions. Also, something I've always wanted. A way to handle grain better. Maybe a highlight/shadow/mid-tone adjustment ability when adding it? I'm not sure. Just something a bit more film-like. Could be no one needs it, but it makes sense to me and how I like to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this gets resolved sooner than later. I waited 7 months for Lightroom to support tethered capture for my camera (Nikon Z5) and that was the main feature in 10.2 for me. However seeing images clearly is more important at the moment so I guess I'll wait (even longer). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your ideas around grain are interesting. When shooting at very high ISOs, I think that a small amount of grain looks better than excessive noise reduction. In the early days of digital, at high ISOs, many folks preferred the grainy look of Nikon images to the smoother look from Canon. Personal preference of course, not better or worse in an absolute sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same issue using Lightroom Classic 10.2 on Apple iMac Pro with second LG Thunderbolt 27in monitor.  Second monitor performs as expected on all other apps, including Photoshop 22.3.0.  The problem started with update from 10.1.1.

If I revert to one monitor mode and switch back to dual monitor the second monitors displays correctly until I click anywhere in the Develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic system info is showing Mac OS 10 10.16.0 while I actually have 11.2.3 running.  Not sure if this is "normal" as Ive never checked for discrepancies until now.  I'm not nearly savvy enough to know if this could be a factor in my #2 monitor issues after installing LRC 10.2.  

System Info: iMac Pro 3GHz 10 Core Zeon

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

LG Ultra Fine 27in Secondary Display

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 2nd monitor looks terrible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. Eizo monitor on a MacBook Pro 2017 with Mojave and LR 10.2. Fine in library mode but switch to Develop module and it blurs. Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Secondary monitor is blurry in Loupe view - this happened with the latest update to LR Classic 10.2 - worked great before the update.

OSX Catalina, MacPro 2019 - 96GB RAM - AMD Radeon W5700X 16GB Video card.

In the Develop Module the Secondary monitor quickly shows a sharp image, but immediately goes blurry.  It can take 60 secs or so for a sharp image to appear on the secondary monitor.  This is most annoying as I use that monitor for checking image sharpness at higher magnifications.  This is a LR 10.2 induced bug - not there before.

Many others have complained about this problem on the Adobe Forum : https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lr-classic-version-10-2-develop-module-secondary-di...

The problem is not confined to the MP 7,1 and occurs on MBP's as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue where the preview is fine in Library but loses sharpness in Develop module.  If you go back to Library it immediately becomes in focus but not in Develop. It never goes back into focus in Develop. Was working five before the update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate