• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: LrC Second monitor blurry in Ver 10.2 Develop Module

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in the Develop module my second monitor becomes blurry.  This happened at the time of 10.2 update. I am running iMacPro and MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3.  Interestingly, LR system info incorrectly shows I'm running MacOS 10.16.0.

iMacPro 

64GB Ram

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

LG Ultra Fine Display 27in - Secondary Monitor

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Greetings,

The Max 2021 Photography products updates have been released and include remedies for this topic.  The updates will be rolling out worldwide, October 26 and 27, 2021. If you do not see the updates in your Creative Cloud Desktop app, you can refresh the apps to see if the updates are available in your region.  The keyboard shortcut to refresh is [Cmd/Ctrl] + [Opt/Alt] + [ R ]. 

Note: iOS and Android updates may take up to a week to appear in your App Store.

Thank you for your pat

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 147 Replies 147
147 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Is your system up-to-date, especially the driver for the graphic card?

Please check if there is a new version of the driver.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems turning off acceleration has made second monitor useable again.  I am running latest version of MacOS which is supposed to include Radeon driver updates as well.  To reiterate, all was well until LrC 10.2 update.  

Also, should I be concerned that LrC System Info does not reflect I am running Big Sur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has acknowledged this problem:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-monitor-2-in-lightr...

Please add details of your issue to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Also, should I be concerned that LrC System Info does not reflect I am running Big Sur?"

No.  Here's what LR and Mac OS report:

LR Help > System Info: Operating system: Mac OS 10; Version: 10.16.0 [20D91]

:red_apple: > About This Mac > System Report > System Version: macOS 11.2.3 (20D91)

LR may be getting the version from /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist, which shows 10.16 (20D91).  Google shows threads discussing this during the beta of Big Sur, but I didn't see any authoritative answer why SystemVersion.plist still shows an incorrect version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I have experienced a strange phenomenon on my secondary display.

When I change images the secondary display becomes out of focus after about 2-3 seconds after  changing the image. It remains focused on the main screen.

I'm using a Mac with MacOS Mojave (10.14.6) and Samsung and Dell (secondary display) for monitors. LRC 10.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may work: First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance). Any better?

If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC profile, the old one might be corrupted.

If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had doodled with GPU settings earlier with no help.

However, just went back at your suggestion and changed to Use GPU for processing.

That looks good for now. I'll test more later.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this on Windows for years when jumping back and forth between Library and Develop or sometimes when switching images while at 100%. It just seems to take time to catch up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen some of that. I always blamed my 2013 computer that Apple never felt needed updating for just being slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure the speed of the computer and video card affects the time it takes to catch up. It would be interesting to know which was more important. Limited testing on a wide range of hardware leads me to think that processor speed is more important. Where oh where are those THz processors we all want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just discovered that my problem appears when in the Develop module. It doesn't seem to happen in the Library module.

Hmmmm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my observation as well most of the time. But jumping to another screen full of images in the library module, such as by choosing a different keyword, will make it show there as well. It is faster since the whole library was converted to 4k 1:1 previews. I've forgotten where I found the recommendation, possibly on the Lightroom Queen website which is loaded with useful gems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gerald: "I always blamed my 2013 computer that Apple never felt needed updating". That darned Apple, never updating their computers since 2013! 😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm using Lightroom Classic version: 10.2 [ 202103041821-226a1211 ] on an 27" 2017 iMac running Big Sur 11.2.3.

I have  monitors. I run LR on the second monitor an Acer B286HK and open a second window onto the iMac. The second screen on the iMac is set to full screen.

If I'm in the library module on the second screen, everything is displayed sharply on both screens. If I enter the Develop Module, initially both screens are sharp. As soon as I make a change (even if it is just moving the cursor over a preset), the image on the second screen (iMac) becomes blurred. It remains sharp on the first screen (Acer). 

If I close the second monitor by clicking on the "2" button and then enable the second monitor by clicking on the "2" button again. The image is sharp on the second screen (iMac), until I make an edit.

If I'm in the develop module with a sharp image on screen 1 (Acer) and blurred image on screen 2 (iMac) and then switch to the Library module on screen 1 (Acer), the image on screen 2 (iMac) immediately becomes sharp and displays correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem with LrC 10.2 and blurry second monitor while using the Develop module. I have reverted to 10.1.1 and the problem has gone away. 

I am running MacOS 10.14.6 on a 2010 Mac Pro with 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon and AMD Radeon HD 7950 3 GB graphics card. The monitors are two Dell U2415s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems a number have this issue but Adobe seem slow to respond if it’s an Adobe issue. I can’t work like this so I think Capture One here I come!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just updated to Lightroom Classic 10.2 and have developed a problem. 

When viewing  images at 1:1 in the develop view on my second screen the image quality drops significantly after a couple of seconds. The image stays sharp in Library view. I'm on a 2017 macbook pro OS 10.15.7 Catalina and the second screen is actually my old (2011) imac. I've tried turning off "use GPU" and cleared the cache but the problem persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk I'm also having this on my 2019 iMac, with Viewsonic Photo Monitor (4K) VP2785 Series, with ColorMunki Display calibration (just calibrated recently). And you KNOW my Mac, with 11.3 Big Sur, AMD Radeon Pro 580X, is clean! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did various tests. Surely a lightroom bug issue. My system works OK with lightroom 10.1.1

its not a colour profile or second monitor issue and should not just be atttibuted to GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I use a dual monitor for the Lightroom Classic. I tried everything in the secondary display settings but for some reason when I load the image, I see the original high resolution image for a moment and then go to preview. Very confusing. This used to work logically the other way around, because while loading the image it is natural to show it at a lower resolution. Can anyone help with this what could be the problem? It runs a legal, latest version of Lightroom Classic on an iMac under Big Surf. (2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I use a dual monitor for the Lightroom Classic. I tried everything in the secondary display settings but for some reason when I load the image, I see the original high resolution image for a moment and then go to preview. Very confusing. This used to work logically the other way around, because while loading the image it is natural to show it at a lower resolution. Can anyone help with this what could be the problem? It runs a legal, latest version of Lightroom Classic on an iMac under Big Surf. (2020)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Bill, the point is to use 2 monitors, so using only the second monitor is not a fix. I've tried "Displays have separate spaces", and playing with 2nd monitor settings, nada. Maybe it's a thunderbolt issue? I have a T'bolt to Display Port adapter, plugged into the back of the iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched back to lightroom 10.1.1 and that solved my problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate