Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Map Module not working 11.3.1 on some Windows installations

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 21H2

If you shut down Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 with the Library Module showing, then re-launch later, the Map Module works fine.

If you shut down Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 with the Map Module showing, and then re-launch later, the Map Module is not usable. The exact form of the error changes, its not always the same, sometimes I get JavaScript error, sometimes the Map Module just freezes, other times it has other errors, but the Map Module simply doesn't work in this situation.

Bug Started
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Try going to Library, then exiting LR.  After restarting LR, does the Map now work?  Many on Windows, and a few on Mac, have observed that the Map module can start behaving badly if you last exited LR from the Map module.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Adding bug number

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
115 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced the same issue as @Tommy26942949ld27  but your workaround did the trick for me too. Thanks 🙂 @johnrellis 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any News?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar behavior on my Macbook Pro M1 from 2022. If I drag a photo from the strip, release it on map point, no coordinates appear to be added. However, as a workaround, I'm finding that if I do the same drag-and-release action, and then immediately click on another photo in the film strip, the coordinates get added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this problem. LRC 12.4 on MacOS Ventura 13.4.

Going to Library, then exiting LR has no effect. Extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an inconsistent problem. I have tried selecting a few images and dropping them at their location on the map only to find that the location has shifted about two inches on the screen. I also found that I could not drag that marker as my efforts moved the entire map. Then I tried dropping one image and found that I could drag that single image. After that, I tried adding one image at a time which sometimes succeeded and often failed. There is a disconnect between the mouse pointer and the Lightroom map module.

Searching for workarounds, I found dropping one image, positioning it properly, then copying its GPS coordinates from the metadata panel and pasting it to the same field on the other images taken from the same location. Adobe does not seem to be interested in the accuracy of the map information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that the map seems to be designed to make the points more granular as we zoom in, or consolidate them as we zoom out. Two separate points close to each other may be combined into a single point with two photos in it. Keep zooming out, the clusters get bigger and bigger. This seems to necessitate zooming in as much as possible before dropping the photos on the map. For instance, if you visit Moab and its vicinity, you may have dozens of different points on the map. As you zoom out, they become clusters with larger numbers of photos, and eventually, all may consolidate into one clump over the general area, even over Utah with thousands of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have tried selecting a few images and dropping them at their location on the map only to find that the location has shifted about two inches on the screen."

This is a longstanding bug on higher-resolution Windows displays for which Adobe has never prioritized a fix.  See here for easier workarounds:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-photo-placed-in-wrong-spot-on-map/idc-p/1276...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I tried setting the scaling factor of the Windows screen to 100% to see if it would help but I did not see any accuracy difference. But, I did not try right-clicking which is easy to do. Appreciate your quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the right-click and add GPS coordinates! Works like a charm and is easier than dragging the images. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did just as you sugested and now works again. I wondered when this problem arose closing and restarting only fixed it sometimes, perhaps this was why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening here on MacOS Sonama 14.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After the latest update, 13.0.2, I can drop images on the map reasonably accurately on my laptop but not on my desktop computer. I am reporting only as I prefer to right click on the location and choose to add GPS location to selected images.

Votes

Translate

Translate