• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the right place for a bug report, if not could anyone direct me to the right place please.

Clicking develop module at top right from the Library module opens the photo with film strip and both side bars black empty spaces. Initial few times I had to quit and restart Lightroom but then discovered switching to grid view again and develop keyboard short cut, everything comes back.
RackMultipart20160925120518s3z-67767e8f-a774-4727-b759-11eddc593416-1834522346.jpgRackMultipart20160925120518s3z-67767e8f-a774-4727-b759-11eddc593416-1834522346.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017
Hi all,

As Simon and Jeff have already mentioned in this thread, please make sure your macOS is updated to at least macOS Sierra 10.12 and at least Lightroom Classic 7.0 or Lightroom 6.13.

The best combo to avoid this issue is being on macOS High Sierra 10.13 and Lightroom Classic 7.1 or Lightroom 6.13.

The team has worked pretty hard with Apple to get this issue to stop appearing with macOS Sierra 10.12 and macOS High Sierra 10.13. Improvements were made in 10.12 and iterated upon for 10.13.

If yo...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017
Hi Steve,

As noted before, this is a bug introduced at the macOS level. Through collaboration with Apple, they have made a fix in the later version of the macOS update. So the right thing to do is to update to the more recent version of macOS when possible.

Having said that, Lr team have done our best to workaround this issue for the cases that we can reproduce for macOS 10.11.6. But there is a limit can Lr can do.

Hope you understand the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017
This should now work correctly in Lightroom CC2015.10/6.10 or later on macOS Sierra (10.12) or later. Don't hesitate to let us know if you see the issue again on the current macOS, and if you do, what triggers it.  Please update your system and let us know if you have any additional issues. 

Additional information on this update can be found here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/04/lightroom-cc-2015-10-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 344 Replies 344
344 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update, I accidentally sometimes hit the wrong keystroke and suddenly only my image is showing and the rest of the screen is black. It becomes non-functional. Nothing will bring back the side, top, or bottom bars except restarting LR. What is happening? Another bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sara,

Bug is known and seems to have spread like wild fire recently. Many people complaining. Sometimes a simple click on a slider in the dev module makes the panels go black.
It's a real annoyance and Adobe is on the case

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that I was missing features in the version CC 2015.6.1 I had rolled back to, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled v. 2015.7 a few days ago.  Everything is running well even with the graphic processor enabled.  So I guess I'll stay at 2015.7 until CC 2017 comes out -- whenever that is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kris Kern I did as you suggested and it worked ....for a few days. But problem is back. I'm using new camera (30mp) and now my brushes don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it too much to ask, as paying customers, for an official response as to when a fix is expected?
Without this information, it's difficult to consider whether it is worth risking a rollback to an earlier version.
I am disappointed that this issue made it past QC and am finding the wait for a fix rather excessive. Why, if we can't have a proper fix, has no hotfix been issued?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is closed until January 3. A rollback really isn't risky, so if you're seeing it frequently, it would be worth rolling back. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/roll-back-update-previous/

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we need to rollback to .7 or .6 to avoid this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One or two were seeing it in .7, but it was reported more in .8. So .6 to avoid completely, or .7 if you weren't seeing it before you updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back Victoria. I gotta say I think Adobe should maintain an up-to-date knowledge base hosted on their own site with official support information, rather than relying on this site and less formal advice from people like yourself. Could you ask them to give their support communications an uplift?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is one, it's just not so friendly https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/roll-back-to-prior-update.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have rolled back to .7 and thankfully the issue has gone. It was a bit of a palaver: back to 6 and then update to 6.7, but worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the blackout problem as noted above somewhere and have rolled back to 2015.7 successfully , but have just had a thought to maybe take into the new year - and adobe i hope you're listening...
isn't it possible that adobe are trying to do too much ?
rather than a seemingly endless cycle of release-bug-fix-update-rerelease-bug-fix-update...you get the idea...couldn't we just take a pause and reconsider and thoroughly evaluate the whole lightroom system to make it unbreakably robust ?
no new features , no nothing , until such time as the system can take it...
lightroom is such a fantastic resource , an amazing tool , it's a pity that it sometimes seems to be creaking at the seams...
could it be that there are too many people out there who are continually wanting this that or the other extra gizmo that really we dont need ? i mean who really needs face recognition, for example ? dont most faces belong to family or friends who you already know, or clients whose names you should know ? or isn't this done in camera anyway ? i'm sorry to be picking on you face-recognition fans, it's just an example of extra algorithmic tinkering that may lead to weaknesses...
lightroom is an amazingly powerful tool - let's keep it that way - i believe in it so am happy to pay the subscription...just dont let yourself down..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree, but regular OS updates generate incompatibilities, so perfect stability is compromised. 
There are also many who are not so enlightened and with the subscription mechanism in place, some people feel they 'deserve' regular updates, with new features, to justify the sub. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it still looks weird that they haven't come across this bug during their (supposedly heavy) testing

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I really want is stability, and proper communication when there is problems.
There will always be updates, new features, new OS's etc. I don't use a lot of the recent additions (facial recognition??) but I have used new camera and lens profiles, and I think Dehaze and the new Compare develop view are both very worthwhile. I am not expecting perfection, but I would prefer better quality, performance, and communication.
Luckily the market for alternatives is developing. Perhaps with a bit more competition things will improve with regard to QC, engagement and support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree re camera and lens profiles and the need to keep up with mac 'improvements' -
all i'm suggesting is a pause in the search for new additional features until what you rightly say in your last paragraph is attended to...then there would be no need to look for alternatives...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developers are forgetting that sometimes less is more, that's why the OS was always better,more stable than the competitors....Apple is going in a bad direction, same with Adobe etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same thing in newest flavvor of OSX but it only occurs in CERTAIN folders when I CLICK on certain images that I KNOW are there. IF I minimize and then bring it back up the panels reappear but the moment I click on that particular image THEN it goes away again. Not sure if this will help the team working on the bug or not but had to let someone know what I found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem.
macOS 10.12.2
LR CC 2015.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The bars appear again when I jump in and out of full screen mode (Green arrows on mac), but as soon as I click them the go black again..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I contacted Adobe about this. Their answer: 'We found that this is the bug with this version of Lightroom . So please wait for the upcoming update for Lightroom . It will be fixed in upcoming update.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom main window and panels, apart from lower browser went blank and unrecoverable. Had to force quit - not good. No memory shortages, 40GB installed sierra 10.12.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am paying for a monthly subscription to Lightroom CC and can barely use it with my side panels frequently disappearing on my MacBook Pro. Restarting is getting old.

Since this bug has been a known issue for several months now I find it very annoying that Adobe has not fixed it.

I don't really want to go back to a previous version and lose the dehaze function. 
I am considering cancelling my subscription and going back to LR5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to lose dehaze. If you weren't seeing it in 2015.7, go back to 2015.7. If you were seeing it in 2015.7, go back to 2015.6. Dehaze was added in 2015.1, and you don't have to go back that far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Planning to trial some alternatives this week. Paying a monthly fee and not even an indication on timeline for a fix is not acceptable to me

Votes

Translate

Translate