• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print Module, Page Set Up Crashes Lightroom Classic V 12.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. I ran across this issue yesterday, 6 Nov, and I'm not sure who (Adobe, Apple, Epson) is responsible for t/s and fix- it is frustrating. Simple to explain - fixing is another issure entirely.

I'm using a 16" 2019, Intel MacBook Pro w/32Gb Ram. I upgraded to MacOS Ventura and Lightroom Classic v12.0.1.  Going into Print Module and trying to select Page Set Up crashes Lightroom. I tried restarting the computer, resetting LR Preferences and turning off GPU Acceleration to no avail. 

Do the LR Print Module, Page Set Up and Printer Settings, pull their input from the printer manufacturer drivers? Again, I'm not sure who is responsible or even how to go about troubleshooting/fixing. Any help/advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have two projects for customers in work - I should have known better than to upgrade this soon.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Update 03/29./2023:

Apple released version 13.3 of macOS Ventura which contains a fix for this issue. Please update your Mac to version 13.3 and let us know if you continue to see the crash on Page Setup. 

Thank you for your patience

Moving Status back to Investigating - this is not a Lightroom Classic bug. Resolution will require a future update to the OS.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Apple has fixed this bug. Update to Ventura 13.3 to obtain the fix. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 277 Replies 277
277 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“A good plan , executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week” - George S. Patton

We will serve no wine before it's time” - Orson Wells.

What remains a frustration for many of us trying to track down the issue is, no issue for us. 

Has anyone yet done a full clean install of their OS and reported the issue returns?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the woes continue and have now been with us since late 2022. I am using two devices: my iMac and my laptop. Both continue to crash if I select page setup and attempt to do a custom size. Fortunately I've managed to deal with things and I can print. Using custom sizes I set up prior to the bug seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having no luck with my custom templates at all, even those that I set up before the problem started.

Feargal

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a clean install on an iMac, still the issue is present as is an issue with Print studio pro from canon, also installed on my daughters iMac 24 and same issue. I am now running Monterey on Mac Studio and all is fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a clean install on an iMac, still the issue is present as is an issue with Print studio pro from canon, also installed on my daughters iMac 24 and same issue.

A clean install of what OS? It crashes with the Canon's Print Studio Pro but what about say Apple's Preview?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A clean install of Ventura twice on the 27"iMac I had, on both occasions it worked the first time I pressed the page setup but then subsequent use crashed it. The same happened on print studio pro plugin in Lightroom, it worked the first time after clean install thought it was resolved hence no and failed on next use. Not trialled apple preview and am staying with Monterey now until I hear it's fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a clean install on an iMac, still the issue is present as is an issue with Print studio pro from canon, also installed on my daughters iMac 24 and same issue.

Does it crash under Apple Preview (or even Photoshop)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I reverted to an old catalog, it has worked perfectly.  I reluctantly updated to Ventura (now on 13.2) and it has continued to work as it should in the print module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How I wish I knew your secret. I'm also on the latest Ventura and I've tried with an older catalogue, but no dice. Page setup nose dives every time. My only recourse is starting LR with clean prefs. Page setup then works but after moving over to the Print module, game over. From then on, Page setup is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to latest MacOS 13.2.1, and I am using LR classic 12.2. I am not sure whether the upgrade to the latest OS caused it or what but I am now getting consistant and reproducible crashes everytime I go to the print module and click on the "Page Setup" button. 

This issue is preventing me from printing, so it is a serious issue for me.

Any help with this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the club. This problem has been around for months with no fix in sight.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... After some experimentation, I am convinced this is a LR issue. It is NOT an OS issue or Printer driver issue, ....etc.

I also found a work around for this issue. I reverted to a backup version of LR catalog that does not exhibit this issue. You might have to go back several versions back, because it seems once the catalog gets this issue all successive back ups from it will also have this issue. Somehow, something could happen to an otherwise fully functional catalog, that will cause this issue to occur. Still the software should NOT crash. This is bad, and Adobe needs to fix it. For now though this is a workaround for those of you who are stuggling with this issue. It is a nasty one since one is not longer able to use the print capability because of it.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am convinced this is a LR issue. It is NOT an OS issue or Printer driver issue, ....etc.

I also found a work around for this issue. I reverted to a backup version of LR catalog that does not exhibit this issue. You might have to go back several versions back, because it seems once the catalog gets this issue all successive back ups from it will also have this issue. Somehow, something could happen to an otherwise fully functional catalog, that will cause this issue to occur. Still the software should NOT crash. This is bad, and Adobe needs to fix it. For now though this is a workaround for those of you who are stuggling with this issue. It is a nasty one since one is not longer able to use the print capability because of it.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... Found another related issue now that I am able to go past clicking on the "Page Setup" button without crashing. If you leave the "Format For" to the default "Any Printer" and try to change the paper size, LR classic crashes. If you changes to your printer it seems to work. Again, a LR-C bug that Adobe needs to fix.

Screenshot 2023-03-03 at 9.09.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverting back to an older catalogue isn't practical for me.   I'm taking pictures on a daily basis and keywording them, I just couldn't deal with the associated grief of trying to update everything in the older catalogue. 

I'm doing my printing now via the Canon Professional Print & Layout software.

I understand that the nature of the problem makes it a difficult fix but still cannot understand why it is taking so long when there must by now a wealth of error reports submitted - and there are trained professionals employed to investigate and fix glitches like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point earlier I detailed a fix that worked for me. Basically it was to rebuild the preference file, which looked like it was refering to an earlier version or something, but you'd have to find my earlier notes for the details. It is a lightroom bug in that it looked to me to be an issue with lightroom improperly porting previous preference info, basically putting the wrong file name on directory if I recall, adding the IP address maybe? Anyway good luck. I don't have problems any longer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm taking pictures on a daily basis and keywording them, I just couldn't deal with the associated grief of trying to update everything in the older catalogue. 

IF (big if) the old catalog and newer catalog are on the same version parity (for example, both V12), this is rather easy. In the newer catalog, pick one image, and use Export as Catalog. Then with an older catalog, try Import as Catalog, all the keywords and such should transfer. Will the bug transfer? No idea. But it would be a useful test to try then report back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRC beim Drucken Seite  einrichten immer Absturtz des Pogramms!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone know where the printer profiles have gone in LR 12? 12.2.1 I reinstalled 12.  then 12.1, etc.  nada.

pressing page setup crashes program as well.

Ventura 13.2.1 however, this started happening in Mac OS 12, i upgraded hoping against hope it would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, I had this problem for several months despite Adobe's attempt to rectify over at least three hours of controlling my computer on a total of three occasions.  When I went to my back up disc I loaded in an old catalog and viola...no problems since.  I have upgraded both Mac OS to ventura 13.2.1 and latest Lightroom Classic and all continues to be well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded yesterday to the latest Lightroom Classic, 12.2.1, hoping that it included a fix for the Page Setup crashes. Alas, the saga continues. I contacted Adobe customer service who informed me that this was a known problem and that a fix would be part of 12.3. Something to look forward to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Lety's hope 12.3 will come soon and will solve it ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't printed for a while since my Epson R1900 died. Since then I got a new Mac mini M2 Pro and just yesterday a new Canon Pro-300. I got the printer all set up, opened LrC and tried to create a template for the new printer. Clicked Page Setup... and I find myself staring at my Desktop. (The crash dialog box came up and I described the problem and sent it on its way to Adobe and Apple.) Today I find myself on the forum in this stream. This problem has been going on for months. Can't believe it.

Ventura 13.2.1, LrC 12.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the club!  For me, switching to an old catalog that I had on a backup drive "solved" my problem after weeks of atempts to fix the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate