• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print Module, Page Set Up Crashes Lightroom Classic V 12.0.1

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day. I ran across this issue yesterday, 6 Nov, and I'm not sure who (Adobe, Apple, Epson) is responsible for t/s and fix- it is frustrating. Simple to explain - fixing is another issure entirely.

I'm using a 16" 2019, Intel MacBook Pro w/32Gb Ram. I upgraded to MacOS Ventura and Lightroom Classic v12.0.1.  Going into Print Module and trying to select Page Set Up crashes Lightroom. I tried restarting the computer, resetting LR Preferences and turning off GPU Acceleration to no avail. 

Do the LR Print Module, Page Set Up and Printer Settings, pull their input from the printer manufacturer drivers? Again, I'm not sure who is responsible or even how to go about troubleshooting/fixing. Any help/advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have two projects for customers in work - I should have known better than to upgrade this soon.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Update 03/29./2023:

Apple released version 13.3 of macOS Ventura which contains a fix for this issue. Please update your Mac to version 13.3 and let us know if you continue to see the crash on Page Setup. 

Thank you for your patience

Moving Status back to Investigating - this is not a Lightroom Classic bug. Resolution will require a future update to the OS.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Apple has fixed this bug. Update to Ventura 13.3 to obtain the fix. 

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 277 Replies 277
277 Comments
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw, my configuration (which works when switching to a built-in template from Lightroom):

MacOS Ventura 13.2, Mac Studio Apple M1 Ultra (64GB), Lightroom Classic 12.1, Epson SureColor P800 (Epson driver 12.62)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DdeGannes Yes - I just checked in case I had missed an update but I am definitely on 12.1.

My set-up is Mac Studio M1 Max, running Ventura 13.1.   Haven't yet upgraded to Ventura 13.2 but I note there are others here who have and the LR crash issue has persisted regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here. Ventura 13.0.1 and Canon pro300

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to Lightroom Classic 12.3 Release 6, and tried printing -Nope. Choosing an Adobe template and then opening Page Setup and then choosing a paper size and LR crashed. Sigh -

Rikk, does them mean there is nothing to be done about this until Apple updates the latest OS? Reminds me of frozen water and hell.

In the meantime, everyone should know that Epson Print Layout is working fine and does an excellent job of matching the colors from my BenQ (which is calibrated).

Mac Studio M1, 64GB, OS Ventura 13.2; Epson SC P800

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, everyone should know that Epson Print Layout is working fine and does an excellent job of matching the colors from my BenQ (which is calibrated).

It is working pretty well, but then for me, Lightroom Classic doesn't crash when printing (using Ventura). No one can answer your question about color matching! That's all based on the calibration targets of your display, the viewing conditions next to the display etc. YMMV. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time there is an external dependency on fixing an issue there is a quandry:

• Is it fixable without the fix from the other party? (Here I don't have the information to say)
  • If fixable, when the third party fixes it, will we have to 'fix' it again when the third party fix comes in? (this happened at Max with Catalogs on External Drives pre/post the Ventura release)
  • If not fixable without the fix from the other party, then we are in a waiting mode

I am sorry I don't have a more precise answer but that is the nature of OS/App interdependency. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, thank you for your quick response and the conundrum is clear; i shall await, patiently, a workable outcome (by any party). Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Epson's suggested fix for me did allow me to print my cards (whew!), I now see, too, that Page Setup is still crashing. But not always, which is kind of crazy-making. I saw Rikk's latest comments and realize that we all just have to sit tight and hope things get fixed by both parties. (And never again do I move to a new OS until I wait a good long time!) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying many different fixes, re-installing the Epson printer driver for my P800 seems to work the best for me also. Its not the perfect solution as it still crashes when it has the urge but its better than nothing and I'm managing to get some jobs out. Come on Adobe and Apple, get together and fix this, at least Epson is trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic - latest

Macbook Air M1

Ventura 13.0.1

Lightroom Classic - Print Module.

Any attempt to change paper size in Page Set Up results in crash.

Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed all the steps listed by digital and I still have the problem: choosing Page Setup crashes LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar type problem with my Canon Pro 9000 mkII 13x19" printer. As far as I recall it was pre Covid likely in mid 2019, since Page set up and Settings are controlled by the Printer software I proceeded to check with Canon for an updated driver. Eventually I received confirmation from Canon that they were not going to created any further updates for my Camera model's software for the version of macOS I was using.

Eventually I had to discontinue use of the printer bring home the reality that hardware in the computer computing industry becomes obsolete and non functional.

Just my thoughts on the issue.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was hoping yesterday I'd get a happy Valentine from Adobe and Apple. Minor upgrades on both MacOS AND Lightroom promised a resolution to the Page Setup crash issue. No luck! Still crashing (after all these years). I did discover, however, that by starting LR with Shift-Option to reset prefs, Page Setup works fine in the Library module. I can change setting (printer, page size, etc.) without any problem. I can move over to Development module and everything still hums. But simple going into Print module screws things up. After simply moving over to the Print module and then back again, invoking Print Setup crashes LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Minor upgrades on both MacOS AND Lightroom promised a resolution to the Page Setup crash issue.

I missed that promise; where was it? 

I just tried Page Setup with the latest version of both, no crashes from any of these printers:

PageSetup.png

And as such, this is what makes tracking down some people's issues difficult; it absolutely only affects a few users. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really a promise, just wishful thinking on my part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read elsewhere that LR was crashing when using Ventura if we were using an external hard drive. Did I misread? Misunderstand? Something? 

In any case, I just tried using Page Setup again, being the hopeful person that I am. The minute I tried to make my own paper size LR crashed. I realize it's an OS issue, according to Mr. Flohr. But I'm wondering if Apple will do anything about this or if Adobe needs to change something to made it all work. 

Clueless in San Jose. (Referring to me, not Adobe. I hope.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ... I forgot to mention that the crash I just had on page setup was on my laptop. NOT using an external hard drive. Sorry I forgot about that tidbit of info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have been using an old catalog I've had no further problems. Working as it should with Ventura 13.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click "Page Setup" and it crashes … no video needed !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with multiple printer manufacturers, with multiple versions of Mac OS, … 
It's the duty of the software compamy, Adobe in this case, to proper manage error handling. 

I started developping softwares in 1985. 

Hi Adobe, I'm paying for a software wich is not doing a part of what's advertised to do. Any commercial gesture from your side ? 

Kind Regards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It happens with multiple printer manufacturers, with multiple versions of Mac OS, … "

For some, not others (myself included). Hence, the reason this is so darn hard to track down. Let alone 'fix'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's their job for making it work for all their loyal paying customers … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course it's Adobe responsibility to fix their product.  really amazing this has dragged on for months with no resolution.  Since it does work with my older catalog, it is clear it can be fixed, get on with it!  Can you imagine trying to promote Lightroom but have to offer the caveat that you may not be able to use the print module?!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, over last few weeks in LRC, when in print module, if I press the "Page Setupo" tab, LRC closes immediately and I get the usual error message asking me if I want to send report which I have done. I uninstalled and reinstalled LRC and the problem persists. I am using a Mac. Is this something anyone has experienced, is it somethging I have unwittingly changed in settings etc or does anyone have a solution to the ptoblem. Thanks in anticippation FQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the club. We have been struggling with this for a few months. No fix from Adobe yet. I have a lot of photos backed up waiting to be printed. How much are we paying per month for half of Light Room…?

Peter
Peter W. Wood

“A good plan , executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week” - George S. Patton

Votes

Translate

Translate