• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: White Balance - As Shot added as a History step automatically when using Embedded Previews

Participant ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange behaviour in the latest release of LR Classic 13.3 (Win). I've imported a shoot and used the embedded previews as I always do.

As I move through the filmstrip in develop every time I click on an image that still has the embedded preview icon showing LR is adding a new White Balance - As Shot to the history for the image. If I undo this step so the history is empty switch to another image and then back again LR doesn't add the WB setting again.

It seems it only happens to images using the embedded preview the first time they are opened in Develop.

It's very annoying as I can no longer use the unedited filter to see if there's any images in my final selection that haven't been edited.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

As usual, great job of sleuthing this out @GoldingD and @johnrellis and @Ian Lyons 

I've logged it as a bug.

I was able to reproduce it on my Macbook Pro as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 114 Replies 114
114 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That confirms you're experiencing the same LR 13.3 bug as many others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's not that you have some adjustments set in the camera that have the photo as a thumbnail, but when you load the raw you see the photo in raw (I exaggerate on the example, if I shoot raw, but I set the camera with a black and white filter, so when viewing the photo is black and white, but raw is raw, so it is not black and white)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

getting the bug on mac 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnrellis@Rick Spaulding - 

the request to merge makes some sense, but this at best the embedded preview issue is a facet of the issue and the original thread had been up for 3+ years at this point (and there were even earlier threads about this) I don't have the issue due to previews, as a lot of this thread seems to imply: it isn't all images using embedded previews for me, as I said years ago in a batch of 1500ish it will happen with a small handful of photos  It did not "start with the latest version" as my original disc version of lightroom (before it was referred to as classic) had this issue as well.

I'm not asserting that the issue doesn't newly and consistently happen with embedded previews, I'm simply stating the issue has long been in Lightroom and is not "new to LR 13.3" as the first post in the original thread was June 2021 (LR 11 is dated 10/2021) and had been a problem since long before.

Thank you for the attention regardless! I'm hopeful that this tangentially roots out all causes of this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, if you Are responding to me i was not responding to you about preview, but to Jiidee, i have the same bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help ! 

Depuis deux jours lorsque je passe d'une photo à l'autre dans l'onglet développement un effet s'applique sur mes photos. Il n'est pas perceptible visuellement, mais l'icone sur la petite photo du menu m'indique qu'une modification a été apportée à la photo.

Lorsque je fais command+Z il indique : Annuler balance des blancs Telle quelle. 

Quelq'un peut m'aider ? 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started experiencing this issue tonight for the first time in several years of using Lightroom. It is beyond frustrating. Normally I would go in the Develop module and click through the images to preview them, edit the ones I want, and then apply a filter to only view edited images, so I can then export just those edited images.

Now every single image I "preview" gets an auto white balance edit applied. So when I apply my filter to only view edited images, it selects every image because it appears as if there is an edit when there really isn't. 

Ironically I just upgraded Lightroom to version 13.3.1 tonight - so cleary there is some bug with this version. Surely someone working at Adobe can see there is a problem with all the people reporting the same issue as of late, and push out a patch to correct the problem, right?! Or is there a way to go back to the previous version of Lightroom Classic??

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my lightroom which fixed the issue temporarily but now it happens intermittently and isnt “auto white balance” it just says “multiple settings” and counts it as edited.. such a pain

Regards,
Ash Dawson

Owner & Partner
Folktales Photo + Video

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this exact same issue. Why is this happening literally randomly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

After a while thinking the issue was gone, I can say I was wrong.

Not only the bug did not disappear, but it now seems to have a new behavior (at least for me).

I thought the bug only ocurred when cycling through the photos with the previous and next keys (left and right) but I have just witnessed a simple mouse click browse to trigger that "auto balance" without even going into the white balance controls!

I was watching some photos in the current folder in monitor #2, clicked one to see in full screen on monitor #1 (I have Lightroom Classic spread across two screens) and as soon as the photo loaded, it applied a "white balance" setting on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

isn't the issue here not why or how to undo it in an image -- but it's about workflow. I "look" at images in develop mode and "touching" them applies the white balance which makes it look as if I "edited the photo" at the end of actually "editing" photos I want to move photos only that were edited or apply a number to them or rating however I dont know the difference between the ones that were actually worked on and this stupid bug  -- can someone help answer this question? How do we go back?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
8 hours ago 8 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

precisely!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate