Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Bridge ratings not visible in Lightroom import process

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ratings given in bridge are not visible in lightroom import process. Bridge is easy to preview and select, it would be convenient if the selected pictures can be imported to lightroom. How can it be done?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First up, you may receive some negative reply's as to using Bridge at all.

So as a preemptive reply, For and against Bridge.

see:

https://lightroomkillertips.com/adobe-bridge-for-lightroom-classic-people/

No, I do not think that link talks to your issue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These edits in Bridge. Before or after importing into LrC?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At GoldingD, I do not believe there was any definitive resolution in the link. I am not sure if there is any to have LrC work with Bridge. To wit Lightroom Classis is an alternative to Bridge / Camera Raw. When working with Lightroom the info is in the Catalog and with Bridge / Camera Raw the info is in the file. If the info is in the file at the time of import LrC should capture the metadata. Just my thoughts.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.1, LrC 11.0.1, Lr 5, Ps 23.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you can see the ratings during the import, but you should be able to see them after you import. Is that working for you? Can you be more specific about your workflow?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a simple way to do this (on a Mac; I am not sure if this works in Windows because some drag-and-drop operations are not supported in Windows, but I can’t remember which ones.)

Just filter your images in Bridge first. For example if you want to import only images rated 4 stars and up, use the filters in Bridge to restrict the Content panel to those files. Then, all you have to do is drag and drop the filtered images to Lightroom Classic, and the Import dialog box will appear with just those images.

Some background, just to describe how using Bridge and Lightroom Classic together is manageable if you know the workflow:

Bridge and Lightroom Classic share the same metadata model; the metadata is easily exchangeable through XMP sidecar files. Lightroom Classic will read Bridge metadata on import, although none of the metadata is displayed in the Import dialog box except the file name and capture date. After import, any metadata changes in Lightroom Classic will be seen by Bridge if you first select those files and use the Save Metadata to Files command in Lightroom Classic. Similarly, any metadata changes made in Bridge will be seen in images already imported into Lightroom Classic if you select those files and choose the Read Metadata From Files command.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a simple way to do this (on a Mac; I am not sure if this works in Windows because some drag-and-drop operations are not supported in Windows, but I can’t remember which ones.)

By @Conrad C

Adobe failed to implement drag and dropping from LR on Windows. Drag and drop into LR is available on Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ratings given in bridge are not visible in lightroom import process. Bridge is easy to preview and select, it would be convenient if the selected pictures can be imported to lightroom. How can it be done?

The Lightroom Import dialog box does not display or sort by ratings. If you want to import only photos rated in Bridge, put LR in its grid mode, then select the images in Bridge and drag them into LR's grid (or onto the LR icon in the Mac dock). That fires up LR's Import dialog with those images selected.

In a Lightroom workflow there is little reason to use Bridge. For fast review, import everything into LR and choose the Embedded + Sidecar option. But as has been said, that is a different matter.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Conrad and John for the clear and informative posts.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.1, LrC 11.0.1, Lr 5, Ps 23.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines