I am unable to drag photos to map to add GPS coordinates

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lr CC version 11.4.1 on a MacBook Pro M1Pro.  

When I select photos in the strip at the bottom and drag to a location on the map the pictures are not added.  It looks like it is grabbing them, but the little callout window is blank. I remember in the past when it worked that it would indicate the number.  Get something spinning- but nothing happens.  I am connected to the internet. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I first tried the Map module just now on my LR 11.4.1 / Mac OS,  I observed similar behavior: Dragging two photos to the map didn't create a map pin. But after restarting LR it's now behaving correctly.  Hmm. 

In general, the Map module is flaky and Adobe has shown little interest in making it more reliable.  But try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Go to Library, then restart LR and go to Map. Sometimes Map misbehaves when you exit LR in Map and then restart it.

2. Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines