• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Automatically edit meta data without copy or paste

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a programmed call ENTAGGED for GotPhoto to sell portraits.  The program automatically writes a barcode into the the meta data copyright field so that when it is uploaded to GotPhoto, it will automatically sort into galleries created by the barcode.  

I like to 'rename' files in lightroom with the copyright data where I've previously appended a "name" to the barcode in Excel.  This way when the file writes to the copyright field the name and barcode are there.  This is good for "naming" files in LR but not for uploading to GotPhoto after edits are made.  GotPhoto can only read the file if I remove the name from the Copyright field and leave ONLY the barcode.  It's a 2 step process but I cannot manually cut and paste per image to remove the name.  I'd like to know if there is a way to ask LR to remove all data to the right of the barcode that is separated by an underscore "_".

{Barcode}_{child first and last name}

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I'd like to know if there is a way to ask LR to remove all data to the right of the barcode that is separated by an underscore "_"."

I think you could use the Write Data Field command of the Bag O Goodies plugin to process the Copyright fields of the selected photos. You'd use this replacement token:

{LUA=Copyright:match ("^(.*)_")}

I haven't tested this with the plugin (it has a free trial).

Votes

Translate

Translate