• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Detect CF Express Cards as a Device in addition to a file location

Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFexpress card (I can only check Type B) are not detected as (photo) devices like XQD and SD cards are. That results in those issues:

• Card is not be ejected automatically after import (to me, the worst thing)
  • Add and Move can be used, where Add is a total no go, Move doesn't bother me personally

Please don't blame the OS for this.

Adobe can easily fix this by adding two lines of code checking if there is a DCIM folder in the root of the device or not. Of course that's only a workaround. But I'm pretty sure Adobe board has best contacts to Tim C®ook and this can be fixed in an instant teaming up with Apple, when blaming MacOS. I suppose Adobe will exactly do this, instead of working on a solution.

Honestly, there isn't much difference between SD and CFexpress shown by Disk Utility of Monterey 12.4, viewing the info for the Sony MRW-G1 (can read/write XQD and CFexpress Type B) and SATECHI for the SD Card. In the attached screenshot, I checked the info for the devices, not the volume partitions.

Geetings,
Roland

2022-06-28_10-20-50.png

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been discussed many times, including your suggestion. I move this to "ideas" because that makes more sense. Hopefully Adobe will finally listen.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted and yes, this needs a fix as many don't see this carefully, pick 'Move' and then wonder why the images no longer exist on the card. Kind of a big hurt me button. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched from a PC to a MacBook and now Lightroom Classic cannot see my CF Express card as a source card, and when I check include subfolders it shows nothing; no folders nor files.  It seems to think it is a hard drive but with no capabilities.  Bridge can see it, so why not LRC? Very frusstrating since I spent a lot to "upgrade" to CF Express cards from XQD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate