Exit

P: Button missing on Watermark when using long name

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After I updated to LR CC 5.4, MacOS 11.1, I cannot access the panel to 

adjust my watermark.  There used to be a button to open the watermark panel.

Please fix LR CC 5.4 so I can access and update my watermark.

Thanks,

David

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
34 Comments
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I click on Customized Settings (under share) and then tick off "include watermark" it just gives me the copyright symbol with my name on the photo, no way to customize it at all. ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the small gear icon next to Include Watermark when you are exporting with the desktop app. This will give you more options to customize the watermark including the option to use a graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no gear there ... that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom mobile? If so tap on the switch icon to the right of Export to... You will find watermark options here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, what's funny is the mobile app works great. I've been using it for quite awhile. I just got a macbook and wanted to be able to do my editing on it, so I can see better, ha ha ... but it is only allowing me to put copyright symbol with my name ... I want to keep using my business logo but there is no option to customize the watermark. Seems strange, especially since it costs more for desktop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the gear icon when I choose Customize Settings under the export icon. See screen capture.

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 1.40.19 PM.pngIf you don't see this perhaps it has something to do with the bug reported in this thread. https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-bugs/p-button-missing-on-watermark-wh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Updates to Adobe Photography Products were released today and contain a fix for this issue. Please refresh your Adobe Creative Cloud App ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]) and download the updated version “.0”. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I used to export a photo, there would be a little gear symbol labled "watermark settings" next to the "add watermark" button. About a week ago it started disappearing intermintently. Now it's just not there at all. I'm using a new version of lightroom (It says version 5.5 from mac app store) and creative cloud says its up to date. It seems I have no way to change the my watermark or change how it's possitioned. How do I fix this? I want to get that watermark settings button back. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Andy30133947ijtc , Lightroom is currently at version 6.3.1. If you have 5.5, you are far from being up to date, and to my recollection version 5.5 may not have had watermarks, certainly not with the current options of customizing and adding graphics. Furthermore, you mention your app says "Mac App Store," but you should be installing and keeping Lr up to date through the Creative Cloud Desktop App, not the Mac App Store. That said, even the Mac App Store shows the current version is 6.3.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate