• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Camera Matching profile not honored for unedited but synced images?

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I import images to LR Classic and choose a synced collection in the import dialog, then those unedited images show Adobe Standard as profile in LR CC (desktop and mobile on iPhone and iPad). In LR Classic it looks like they have Adobe Color applied. The profile in LR CC changes, if I do some edits like auto tone in LR Classic.

Adobe Standard is set as profile in LR CC as well, if I reset all edits of a synced image in the develop module of LR Classic. LR Classic still shows Adobe Color in the profile menu, but in LR CC it is Adobe Standard.

Since I thought it might be related to a previous issue of mine, I tested four RAW files from three different cameras: Olympus OMD E-M1 MkII, Pentax K-x (native PEF and out of camera DNG) and Hasselblad X1D. I can reproduce this with all files.

Is that a bug or feature?

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
34 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of Lightroom Desktop showing the profiles and your iPad showing them missing? 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Victoria,

I will do that in 30 min. Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I will do that in one hour!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is uploading now

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Victoria_Bampton_Lightroom_Queen Everybody suggests to delete and install again Lr on iPad,  even Adobe support. They asked me to send a few files to them, they tested it and said it is a limitation of the app. No standard camera profiles are applied. All files with standard camera profiles will be converted to Adobe Color by the app. They suggested me to come here and create a "request" for them to consider the fix... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, finally I had a second update from Adobe. Lr fo iPad does not import original Hasselblad profiles. Looks like there are no issues with other cameras. So, if anyone get a different result with the files I sent I will be happy to know. Thank you all.

Christian

https://christianmaldonado.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got your file @chrismaldonado , apologies for the delay in getting back to it.

@Rikk I can confirm that the Camera Standard profile is available in both Desktop and Web. So far it has not downloaded to my phone, but that could just be the irritating delay downloading standard profiles that we've seen in the past. The error message for missing profile really should have a "download now" button, where the profile is available in the cloud.

The profile in question doesn't show up in the standard Adobe application support folders, so I'm wondering if it's a manufacturer-supplied one only stored in the DNG? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Victoria, no problem. I'm kind of accepting the situation and looking forward fo different mobile workflow for my Hasselblad environment. I will keep Lr on iPad just for quick editing to post on social media. I'm not happy with that since Lr iPad in a professional subscription plan should be... professional. But it is not. I will keep following the conversation and if I can help please let me know.. Thank you!

Chris
https://christianmaldonado.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate