• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Camera Deleting Photos before processing them

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lightroom camera app will delete any photos it has not processed if a log in is forced by the app.  Adobe customer service told me that this is working AS INTENDED.  I spend hours on the phone with them.  They obviously were aware of the problem and kept trying to blame it on me.  I lost hundreds of pictures from a once-in-a-lifetime backpacking trip.  I posted a review to warn other consumers and your "developer" told me this is not working as intended.  

Which is it, adobe?  WHY WOULD YOU BUILD THIS FUNCTION INTO YOUR APP?  You could at least warn people not to reconnect to the internet before processing photos!  I'm such a horrible person, I wanted to call my family for the first time in weeks and obviously should've finished processing photos first, jeez.  Shame on me!.......

Also, you have done this twice to me, and the first time you made up a big story about how it was a bug that you had fixed.  

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

@smeaglete 

I'm converting your post to a bug and setting status to Acknowledged.

We do apologize for your troubles and loss of images.  I'd like to get more info in hopes we can provide developer with additional info to help them debug the issue.

Can you elaborate on your workflow so we can understand your sitation better?  You captured many HDR (or perhaps Tech Preview: Long Exposure) images in the Lightroom iOS camera?  Then you exited the in-app camera view to something else like Library

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@smeaglete 

I'm converting your post to a bug and setting status to Acknowledged.

We do apologize for your troubles and loss of images.  I'd like to get more info in hopes we can provide developer with additional info to help them debug the issue.

Can you elaborate on your workflow so we can understand your sitation better?  You captured many HDR (or perhaps Tech Preview: Long Exposure) images in the Lightroom iOS camera?  Then you exited the in-app camera view to something else like Library view and LR began to process your recent captures and with many images still processing the app required you to sign in again?  At this point you lost images that were not yet processed.  Is that an accurate summary?

I will send you a direct message to request a diagnostic log.  

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate