Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Desktop: Search for duplicates

32 Votes
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great to have "Search for duplicates" function in Lightroom CC. I have more than 30k images in my library. They were imported from different Lightroom Classic catalogs. I'm sure there are duplicates in there. Even more - would be great to have function "Search for similar images". The one which can be found in Gemini product.
Idea No status
TOPICS
Desktop

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both great feature requests Sergiy. 

Photo organization can really use some more machine learning love:
  1. Find duplicates
  2. Find similar images
  3. Find pets
  4. Group photos by dominant color
  5. Find blurry pictures
  6. Are people smiling or not, do they have their eyes open (especially handy for within a burst stack)
The best photos feature currently in technology preview is a good start!

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Identify and remove duplicates Is there a feature for lightroom cc?

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2019 Sep 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 that would be great !

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to search for visually identical or similar images that may be at different resolutions. The main use case is if in the past I imported some files and renamed them one way and maybe added some keywords and then later I am not sure if I imported them (I'm retiring an old phone and offloading all the data, for example) so I go to import them again. I want Lightroom to be smart and say "hey, these very similar images exist - are you sure about importing these new ones?"

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would be nice if I could type in the smart search bar "duplicates" and it would be able to find all duplicate images.

Translate

Translate