• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Enterprise/Education Licenses without Storage are unable to use offline-only mode

LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom cc 2019 add photo button greyed out. I cant import photo

Idea Planned
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Federated (Corporate and Education) Licenses can download and install Lightroom Desktop. However, Services need to be enabled on your license in order to use the product. 

Lightroom Desktop relies on storing your catalog as well as your images in the cloud. If your license does not allow for Cloud Services, you will not be able to add photos to your Lightroom catalog and the option will be grayed-out. 

If this is the case, you can contact your Adobe License Administrator and ask them if:

1. Services

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 153 Replies 153
153 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a silimar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am still having the Bottom of + (Add photos) on Grayed out! This Problem Have solution or not? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am still having the Bottom of + (Add photos) on Grayed out! This Problem Have solution or not? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enterprise accounts that do not have storage allocated still do not work in Lightroom desktop. We recommend using Lightroom Classic in this case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to using an older version, 3.4, and that solved my issue for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not add to photo answer me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue with version 4.3 of Lightroom. In Creative Cloud I clicked on the three dots, selected "Other versions" and rolled back to 4.2. Can now add photos again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought my license yesterday with a student discount, lightroom just doesnt work. I cant add photos, if i upload photos to lightroom page it just doesnt appear, when i go to cloud storage says "unable to connect to network" and i still cant find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you pointed out, you cannot add photos because LR cannot connect to the Internet. Try to switch to a different wifi might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. "Add Photos" has been greyed out for over a month. And I really need to use Lightroom for my business now. I tried using an older version and that doesn't work either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use an institutional subscription to Adobe. All oher prorams work, including PhotoShop, Bridge Lightroom Clasic and Premier Pro. Lightroom CC is the only program not working. When I go to edit an imae, I get the screen on the attached image. After I click OK, the screen comes back up again and starts the process all over. Any thoughts?Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 2.25.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Federated (Corporate and Education) Licenses can download and install Lightroom Desktop. However, Services need to be enabled on your license in order to use the product. 

Lightroom Desktop relies on storing your catalog as well as your images in the cloud. If your license does not allow for Cloud Services, you will not be able to add photos to your Lightroom catalog and the option will be grayed-out. 

If this is the case, you can contact your Adobe License Administrator and ask them if:

1. Services are available with your license
  2. If your account can be enabled for services

Lightroom Classic is also likely available via your Federated License and does not require Cloud Services to function.  It would be another option for you. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the explanation. The same situation happened to me, and I couldn't understand why Lightroom CC doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I also couldn't understand why Lightroom CC doesn't work while others programs work very well. I talked to my Adobe License Administrator. He told me that my account can't be enabled for services and that I need another license. But until I use the one from school, and I also use this application https://backlightblog.com/gemini-photos. With it, you can write any type of picture of good quality. I like that u have to pay nothing and I can use it on the phone. A good choice, I really recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Ever found an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm on an enterprise (student) account. I can't seem to add photos on Lightroom, it's greyed out and won't let me add anything. Also when trying tutorials I can't see the sample images, it's just black. Can somebody please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Would like to understand why my import option does no apper in LR, I already tried the shortcut too and there is simply no way to import photos.

mendesjm_2-1637255861695.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot import photos in lightroom on windows PC. The "add photos" button is greyed out.  Other adobe prgrams are working fine.I already tried to alt shift click to go back to default preferences but problem remains. Also uninstalled and reinstalled lightroom and still cant import photos. Anyone suggestions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having Issues getting adobe lightroom to work on my schools lab systems. the add photos button is greyed out and nothing ive tried so far has fixed.

Untitled.png

license is adobe enterprise. 

tryed reseting prefs/reinstalling

literoom ver is 5.0

any ideas on what might be causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom Version 5 (20211012-0002-q1240ed Build) and now I get an error "Failed to Log in to the Creative Cloud. Your organization account does not include Adobe Cloud storage" every time I start the program. However, Creative Cloud connects to my account and shows Adobe cloud storage of 1Tb.

I have Photoshop 2022 and Lightroom Classic on the same Laptop running Windows 10 Pro (ver 10.0.19044 Build 19044) and they log into the cloud without a problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased Creative cloud and was able to download Ps and LfC but access is denied in lightroom. I was able to get access once but it said the server was down. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you can't access LR? I can access mine. Can you share a screenshot of what happens when you try and open LR?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deanna220198802321_0-1638311046451.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought lightroom today and am having this problem right now. I haven't been able to add and edit any of my photos as the "add photo" is greyed out. I tried rolling back the version but it didn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please help?

Votes

Translate

Translate