• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Enterprise/Education Licenses without Storage are unable to use offline-only mode

LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom cc 2019 add photo button greyed out. I cant import photo

Idea Planned
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Federated (Corporate and Education) Licenses can download and install Lightroom Desktop. However, Services need to be enabled on your license in order to use the product. 

Lightroom Desktop relies on storing your catalog as well as your images in the cloud. If your license does not allow for Cloud Services, you will not be able to add photos to your Lightroom catalog and the option will be grayed-out. 

If this is the case, you can contact your Adobe License Administrator and ask them if:

1. Services

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 153 Replies 153
153 Comments
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you selecting your source folder first? It is normal for "Add" to be grayed out if all images in the source folder selected are already part of lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not have a version called CC2019. Can you go to Help>System Info... and get us your installed version number?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC version: 2.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update to 2.1.1 via the Creative Cloud Application. There were several bug fixes in this version that may affect your issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rikk Flohr, I have exactly the same problem, that the Plus Sign to add photos is not working. I have the latest Version 2.1.1 of LR CC and reinstalled it a couple times. Login and Logout did not help. What to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Preference File will survive a Lightroom uninstall/reinstall. Sometimes weird behavior is corrected/cured by resetting the preferences. 

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.
2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom. 
3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
4. Close Lightroom.
5. Restart Lightroom.

Does the behavior continue after resetting the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom classic cc for a while and am considering migrating all my photos to Lightroom cc.

Have just installed the latest version of Lightroom cc and am having the same problem. The photos I have in Lightroom Classic cc are missing in Lightroom cc and the add photos option is greyed out.

The steps above have not resolved the problem.

Could this be because I am not supposed to use both at the same time? I have been using Lightroom cc on my mobile and it works.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC and LIghtroom CC are different workflows. It is generally better to choose one and stick with it

Lightroom Classic CC catalogs can be migrated to Lightroom CC using the File>Migrate Lightroom Catalog... option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, thanks for all the replies! I just got Lightroom CC. I have the latest version, 2.2. I tried your suggestion to Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom. But I still can't add photos, either through the plus button or File>Add Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same i have the same problem and cannot add photos. did you get this sorted? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those on this thread for whom the Add Photos Button is grayed out can you confirm your account status by going to www.adobe.com and logging in with your Adobe ID. Click on "Manage your Account" under your name.   Make certain you are showing an active account and that your expiration date has not passed.  Example: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this problem for two weeks, and nothing Adobe Support has recommended me do has worked. I spent 6.5 hours on chat with them on Tuesday, and went through 3 different people, each wanting me to repeat what my issue is. This has been a huge pain. Nothing I try gets this to work. And I have tried literally everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did this and my account is active (I just got it this month) and the expiration date hasn't passed. I can use my Adobe ID to log in to stuff like Spark online and I can use Photoshop and Premiere. I have Adobe for Teams, a plan that is managed by my organization. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got into a chat with the technical support team who said the problem is with the latest Lightroom Version 2.2 and they advised to downgrade to 1.5 - once i did this now the app is fully operational. trying checking this - maybe it will work for you as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.5 worked! I tried installing other previous versions, but didn't go this far back! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing 1.5 and using that instead of 2.2 worked for me as well! Thank you so much, Polly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm: 1.5 works for me as well. Thanks a lot !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see at least one of you is on Windows. Is anyone hitting this on a Mac?

Also, do any of you have other devices attached that we might be trying to scan for photos? Examples include: a phone that's plugged into your computer, an external hard drive, a network drive (NAS) or camera card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows and I don't have other devices plugged into my computer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rikk Flohr, I'm having exactly the same problem, that the Plus Sign to add photos is not working, it's grayed out. I just bought it yesterday, I have the latest version installed nd updated. AND IT DOES NOT WORK!!! wHAT SHOULD i DO??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.5 is not working for me. No version is working for me. any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.5 is not working for me. No version is working for me. any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem, that the Plus Sign to add photos is not working, it's grayed out. I just bought it yesterday, I have the latest version installed and updated. What should i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom Classic for about a year (my account is active) and just tried Lightroom CC only to discover the same problem--plus sign grayed out and unable to add photos. I am using Lightroom CC version: 2.2.1 [ 20190312-1546-e438717 ] (Mar 13 2019); Operating system: Windows 10  OS Version: 10.0 [17763].  Lightroom CC mobile on iPad Pro seems to work OK.  Does anyone at Adobe have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate