• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Filter for Likes and Comments

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe is committing to LR Mobile, it would be great if LR had better support for comments and likes:

- Ability to filter and search in smart collections for comments and likes. The Sort: Last Comment Time is helpful but not sufficient -- it only works with collections synced with LR Cloud, and you can only sort one collection at time (huh??).

- The same support for other publish services like Flickr that also sync user comments. Why did Adobe implement Last Comment Time and comment notifications just for LR Mobile? The underlying structure is already there to implement it for the other services as well. These other services have a diversity of features that many users find valuable and that are unlikely to ever appear in LR Mobile, so asking them to switch to LR Mobile just to get the trivial ability to sort by comment time is frustrating.

- SDK access to the comments and likes, so that plugins can manipulate that metadata just like they have the ability to manipulate other metadata. Just providing SDK access would let plugin developers provide the other functionality.

Idea Started
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

This feature request applies to Lightroom Ecosystem but has posts included for legacy Ligthroom Classic requests regarding the same topic.

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Released for Desktop - setting status as "Started"

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 180 Replies 180
180 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the Any Comment plugin, which lets you filter by comments and likes from LR Cloud and other publishing services. It's not as convenient as having the feature built-in, but it gets the job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 years now. Ridiculous. As previously mentioned by another commentor (YEARS ago), professionals use Lightroom Classic. I only use Lightroom CC and mobile when I'm...mobile. For shoots and client proofing to work effectively in the averal professional's workflow, these programs need to work TOGETHER. For as much money Adobe makes from month subscriptions you think they'd hire a few more developers to figure this out but apparently not. It's enough to make me reconsider using Capture One instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2024 now and still no way to do this? - I'm on the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Desktop app (not Lightroom Classic) now has a filter for Likes and/or Comments (on the Filter Bar), but only on a per album basis. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all

Happy New Year 2024. 

Looks like we are on a 3 years journey now with NO Like / Comment Filter option in the mobile apps xD
I can now see how Adobe handles customer feedback or so =(

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate