• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Filter for Likes and Comments

LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2014 Dec 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Adobe is committing to LR Mobile, it would be great if LR had better support for comments and likes:

- Ability to filter and search in smart collections for comments and likes. The Sort: Last Comment Time is helpful but not sufficient -- it only works with collections synced with LR Cloud, and you can only sort one collection at time (huh??).

- The same support for other publish services like Flickr that also sync user comments. Why did Adobe implement Last Comment Time and comment notifications just for LR Mobile? The underlying structure is already there to implement it for the other services as well. These other services have a diversity of features that many users find valuable and that are unlikely to ever appear in LR Mobile, so asking them to switch to LR Mobile just to get the trivial ability to sort by comment time is frustrating.

- SDK access to the comments and likes, so that plugins can manipulate that metadata just like they have the ability to manipulate other metadata. Just providing SDK access would let plugin developers provide the other functionality.

Idea Started
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

This feature request applies to Lightroom Ecosystem but has posts included for legacy Ligthroom Classic requests regarding the same topic.

Status Planned

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Released for Desktop - setting status as "Started"

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 180 Replies 180
180 Comments
Enthusiast ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We already have mutliple estahblished rating systems:

1: reject, select, neutral

2: 0-5 stars

3: colors

And then there is likes in the shared online albums that don't really help.

I'm tired of manually converting likes and comments into stars.

Just enable the star rating for shared albums. Or give us a fast tool to convert likes into "select". But stars would be better as people usually like stuff more and less but still like it, which cant be expressed with a single "liked" status.

Another issue, when I'm traveling and having my originals in the cloud I can't preserve likes. Later at home I download the photos, delete them from the could and put them back as smartpreviews. This will remove als likes and comments.

So there is either no point in sharing an album before, or telling the user, don't rate anything yet it gets deleted later anyway.

Convert likes and comments into stars manually before deleting/replacing, which does not help the online user, as stars can't be seen there, from their perspective all their seletion work just vanishes after resharing as smartpreview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need this type of feature, it feels like I spend so much time going through 1000 pictures just to look for the ones my model like 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this a no-brainer, must-have feature in 2016 and yet in 2023 we don't have it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Literally the most ridiculous thing on earth that you can't filter by likes. It's the only thing that makes any sense. I've personally asked for it 1000 time and this long after the program was released, we STILL don't have it. What the literally hell? This causes me to waste to much time because of a feature the sole purpose of which is to save time. Again, what the hell. Just give us the feature PLEASE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

L'icône signalant des photos avec commentaires, disparait une fois les commentaires consultés

Il est nécessaire de trouver une solution à ce problème, l'auteur des photosdoit pouvoir sélectionner toutes les photos faisant l'objets de commentaère, même s'il a déjà lu ces commentaires, il doit pouvoir aussi différentier les lus des non lus, éventuellement Exporter une liste au format csv pour intégration dans un logiciel de commande etc...

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Google translation: "The icon indicating photos with comments disappears once the comments have been viewed. The icon indicating photos with comments disappears once the comments have been viewed

It is necessary to find a solution to this problem, the author of the photos must be able to select all the photos that are the subject of comments, even if he has already read these comments"

You can see all photos in a synced collection containing comments and likes: Select the collection and in the toolbar at the bottom, do Sort: Last Comment Time.

johnrellis_0-1687714877085.png

You can't use the menu command View > Sort > Last Comment Time due to a very old bug.

Strangely, you can't sort more than one synced collection by Last Comment Time:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-better-support-for-comments-and-likes-in-al...

See the Any Comment plugin for more useful features for searching and filtering by comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a comment or a LIKE is made against images in the online album the details are passed back to the LRc grid view thumbnail and its collection as a yellow icon/flag. This is great but the flag either switches to grey, or as on the collection disappears, once the comment has been "seen". 

I only get the one chance to notice the comment. Should I browse past a commented image without noticing it, it is automatically no longer highlighted for my attention.

It would be better if both "flags" always stayed active and yellow until one clicks an option like "Seen Comment" or "Seen all comments" before turning grey. The flag on the collection could always remain but in grey, or at least until an option "clear collection flag" is clicked. The grey/yellow flag on the thumbnail should remain even when the comments panel is currently open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10% agree. My workaround has been to try to add a color label to images with yellow flags right away (assuming i notice them before they go gray, like you said. 

If they're all gray already because you didn't notice the comments, the other option is to "sort by last comment time," which works fine--except you can't know where the comments end unless you chug through every image! Has there been ANY movement on this @Rikk Flohr: Photography ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the workaround suggestion.

Dedicating a colour label to images with a comment would work to quickly
identify them, although I do tend to use colours as well as star ratings
for other purposes.

I suppose if Adobe added a smart collection or filter criteria of "Has
comments or likes" could help as well, or I could add a keyword instead of
a colour. But these do rely on spotting the comment in the first place.
Just leaving the highlighted icon ON still seems to me to be a simple first
step.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use color labels for other things, but one more hack/work around incase you aren't aware is that you can create multiple sets of color labels. It's not ideal, but if "Green" is already dedicated to, say, portfolio images--then you can switch to another color label set, maybe name it "proofing" where green can be "images with comments."

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you work with comments a lot, the Any Comment plugin provides much more flexibility in searching and sorting, though it's less convenient than having it built-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the ANY COMMENT plugin suggestion. That could be very useful, especially should we decide to use the online albums as a way for club members to "vote" or "score" one or more images in a collection. We would still like to, somehow, easily capture the scores externally to sum and rank them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be nice if you were able to actually do that. But Adobe has not enable that ability, which is surringingly silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products have been released.  The October 2023 updates contain a update for this issue and adds support for Lightroom Desktop

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Released for Desktop - setting status as "Started"

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Classic also going to get that filter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's end of 2023 now,

Wondering has Adobe do the filter option for LIKE / COMMENTED photo for lightroom Android / Ipad apps ?

I believe this option / fcuntion been asked since 2021.

It's a simple function that has been requested from many where the filter option just show all photos that LIKE / COMMENTED. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been implemented on the desktop apps recently. Not sure about mobile apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desktop app as in the desktop lightroom CC and not lightroom classic right ?

Mobile apps confirm not done, been waiting for years till now, still checked and nothing on that filter option to see filter out photos like / commented. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WedRaven 
"Desktop app as in the desktop lightroom CC and not lightroom classic right ?"

Correct - but no version of Lightroom has been called "CC" for at least 4 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct - but no version of Lightroom has been called "CC" for at least 4 years.

True, but IMHO this just points to the total utter confusing mess the Adobe Lightroom naming scheme is - its impossible to Google one, without getting the other (eg classic vs ecosystem).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, the name is somewhat confusing and yes it is now called "Lightroom" on both mobile apps and desktop.

Yet the filter for likes / comment on photo is still not here, it's been years >.<

A simple command of filtering all photos that is comment / like on the mobile apps would make it so much easier to get work done on the go. At the moment we are doing it manually, as in selecting one by one the photos that was like / comment and flag them.

Lightroom Desktop there is a function where i can see "last comment time", makes filtering so much faster. I just see those like and flag them in one big swoop. (though buggy and slow at times the yellow icon on the like / commented photos).

IMG_20231117_094911.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client has no idea how many likes he applied to the collection i delivered them, and he obviously has a limit number of photos to choose.

For me, this makes no sense to not be able to filter the photos for "liked ones" and a counter to the likes he did.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in the end I unshared every "not liked" photo for a better overview, a filter directly in the client view would be so much more easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate