• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Huawei P30 Pro support Multi-camera HDR , Color profile non Bayer sensor, Depth sensor usage

Participant ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huawei released its new camera phone the P30 pro.

It comes with a 16mm, 27mm and 125mm camera + a TOF lens.

1) LR Mobile can only use the 16mm camera, would be great to select which one to use. So I could choose which lens I would like to use for HDR Dngs. Also the 27mm is the main camera with the biggest sensor with the highest resolution. But letting the user choose would be the best option.

2) The main sensor doesn't come with a traditional Bayer pattern, instead it uses a RYYB pattern (red yellow yellow blue) the main idea was to use 4 Pixels as 1 to produce 10MP photos, but 40MP photos work too. But the colors are definitely off for Huawai DNG files, also on the other 2 cameras. Not just flat as expected from a raw file. Maybe the color profile needs some adjustment.

3) Incorporating the data from the TOF sensor into raw files would be great, to adjust a fake Bokeh effect freely and nondestuctive. Huawei probably is only going to use it with jpg files, you could be the first. Also exporting the depthmap as a separate file would be useful.

4) How about an additional shooting mode next to the HDR mode (which works great). You could take multiple raw files with the same exposure and combine them into one DNG file, reducing noise and increasing detail, a superresolution feature, would be great.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

Thank you for your enthusiasm for the Lightroom family of products. For your Ideas to gain more prominent notice and have maximum impact with the team, there are a few things you could do to help. I've noticed you've already posted item one as separate request. That's good!

Ideas, or feature requests as some call them, work like this on the Feedback Forum:  Each individual Idea is single post anchoring a thread. All of the people who have a similar idea and relate their rational will be merged into a single master post that contains all the comments on a single topic.  This has a few advantages:

1. It gives Adobe a place to accumulate votes (by either creating a thread that is merged into the master thread or by hitting the [Me Too] button in the upper right corner. Adobe can see at a glance, search for, and rank the top features being requested without having to search for scattered posts. The engineering staff can read the user’s comments and divine the best ways to implement a given request.

2. By being a part of this master Idea thread, when an Idea comes to fruition and becomes an active feature in the software, Adobe updates this thread. Participants in the thread, those who’ve been merged in and those who have hit the [Me Too] button will be notified by email to updates and feature announcements related to the original request.

You can help us out by doing a few things to maximize your ideas’ impact.  First, if you have an idea, search to see if idea is already posted as a formal Idea. If it is, hit the [Me Too] button and if you like add your individual comments to the thread. Second, if you don’t find the idea is already posted, create a new thread and post your idea for a new feature.  Please keep the Ideas as one idea per thread so that we can merge them with the correct master threads if necessary.  We don’t have a way to merge an Idea into multiple threads so if you make multiple feature requests in a single post, it is likely to get lost in the shuffle, lessening its impact.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2019 Apr 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk, it would also be great if Adobe separated out requests for new devices from the forums and gave us timeframes.

I'm sure it is a bug bear of Adobe's that every new device creates a myriad of requests on forums, and it is a bug bear of people that we know Adobe is unlikely to support the device for awhile (although I do note that LR is getting faster at that, for example the Canon RP is already supported).

I have a P30 Pro which is exceptional, but LR supports my old Samsung S8 far better than this newer more capable device.

Why not simply have a website where new devices are listed, people can vote and add comments, and then Adobe can mark next to each device "under review", "available in version 7.2", "no support", or similar. It would clean up the forums, give us more clarity, and probably save you a bunch of time. People could subscribe to be notified when their device will be supported.

If a device isn't supported other than via generic DNG, it would be nice to have a "user supported" place for people to share profiles that they've created.

If I knew for example that the next LR Classic will support the P30 Pro properly with device profiles, I won't bother editing my images now, and I'll wait for the next version. However if I know it'll never be supported, I will try make my own profile, and I'll cope with that. I'll probably share it somewhere. It's worse to not know, which is the state that Adobe leave people in now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would be great if one day Lightroom will support the dng from the Huawei p30 pro because if never going to happen I will return the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no news about an update supporting the P30 ? At least the Ryyb support... Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
P30 Pro is now on the supported devices list, not sure the colors are 100% accurate but its a good start. The greenish tone if you brighten up the shadows is nicely compensated.

Still no support to choose other cameras in the LR photo mode (only the ultrawide is available).

Also jpgs with depth data aren't recognized in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate