• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Map view/module - Ability to geotag photos

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably at the low end of the prosumer category when it comes to photography. I've been using Lightroom for a couple of years. I love the multiple platform feature on the new CC, but geotagging images has always been important for me (enough so that onboard GPS is a mandatory feature when I look for a camera). I had been adding locations to older images in what's now CC Classic. 

Are we going to get that ability in the new CC? 

Even more importantly, will the new AI-based search allow us to do things like pull pictures based on location? And, if so, will we be able to do things like define a radius? This was all possible when we had the maps panel, but seems to be challenging now.

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Update: GPS field is now editable as of LrD 5.0. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 206 Replies 206
206 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update, another dissapointment, still no map view 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but that field is just a very simple input. You need to get the coordinates somewhere and paste them in.

Why can't you guys just copy the way Map Module in Classic works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom mobile on my Android phone and PC computer.  I believe it would be very helpful and save a lot of time if the Info and Rating page showed the photo's location.  Otherwise, one has to go back and forth to the original file in another app and find that information.  Please share your thoughts on this suggestion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has been implemented, like almost everything on the mobile version, is orientated towards a single photo, not an album. At the end of a trip, or photo shoot, there is typically hundreds of photos to update; the current mapping system would be incredibly painful for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A feature missing in lightroom mobile is the ability to view, edit, and search location metadata.

I often want to be able to find where I took a photo but haven't found how to display this information in lightroom mobile.

Also make it easier to make the GPS location information import into lightroom classic smoother as I have to re-read the metadata for each photo to get it to work even when it is synced from the cloud.

Please can you add this capability soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just like you can choose preview quality, syncing a photo could access location information on demand.

Votes

Translate

Translate