• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Preset Manager needed

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that Lightroom allows me to move Presets to a different Group / Folder on an individual basis, but I have hundreds of Presets spread across multiple Groups.

I would like the ability to select multiple Presets to be able to move them to a different folder in bulk.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There really needs to be a feature that allows me to organize my presets in LR mobile. I know I could organize them in the desktop version and sync them but sadly I need to have a subscription to the desktop version to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Lightroom Mobile and Lightroom web(annual subscription), there's no ability that I've found to move presets into different categories after you've created a specific category for them. For example, I created an outdoors and indoors category to list my created presets under. Now I no longer want those categories and I'd like the flexibility to move my presets to another category type and delete the original two created. It seems that in order to do that l'd need to recreate the the same presets under a newly created category which is very time consuming and leaves you open the to missing something on the original preset. On Lightroom Desktop you can move the presets, but not on the other two Lightroom options, please fix this, especially for those who pay for the annual subscription, it's an obvious need. Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Lightroom Desktop you can move the presets, but not on the other two Lightroom options

Whilst it's not what you are asking for (don't forget to add your own vote as the forum software doesn't automatically do that), if you move a preset from one group to another using Lightroom Desktop, that change should also sync to your other Lightroom apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC, Presets: would love an update to add additional groups (folders) and/or sub-groups (sub-folders) to better organize and manage presets. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd love it if there was some kind of external app/web-app to better manage presets.

Where I've used Lightroom in various interations over time, my library has become quite messy and disorganised. Moving or deleting 1 preset at a time is slow and arduous.

How about some kind of 'file explorer' where we could move the presets around without needing them to load into Lr? Or even if I could select a whole bunch of presets and move them into a new group to consolidate the presets etc.

Also if there was a means to export all presets, or export invidivual groups, that would be a good way to back up the presets (or at least let me cull the XMP files offline then reupload to Lr).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agreed. It took me hours to delete hubdreds of presets I had collected over the years. There is a gaping hole for a preset manager to make this easier. A mobile app would be worth considering too. But Chrome offers an easy platform for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea. Make sure you click the Upvote button in the top right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just downloaded a bunch of presets (over 300) to my mobile app and I just saved them all into one folder with the intent to organize them by style of preset later, but then I realized too late that I can't move preset files (not the .dng files but the actually saved presets) 😞 Please allow for the feature to organize presets into folders after downloading! It would be a HUGE time saver 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to select MULTIPLE presets and/or preset albums and COMBINE / Move them all at once.  Instead of having a bunch of premade presents with different names - adding all of my creamy presets, colors, and vibes into their own big folder without having to add each one individually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello!

I recently made the mistake of importing around 7000 presets into Lightroom Cloud. A very small few of them is neatly organized in groups but the vast majority of them (just shy over 6000) is all cluttered within the "User" presets.

That is super stupid for 2 reasons:

first whenever i open presets in general and the User preset is not hidden (per current "Manage Preset" functionality) it loads for AGES.

Second, if i need any of these presets and i am willing to drink a cup of coffee while i wait for it to be loaded, i have to search through a troublesome amount of presets, practically in slow motion...

I have searched far and wide in google and in these groups in an desperate attempt to find a way to easier organize and manage that bulk, but all i could find is either "remove them one by one" or "move them one by one".

Might i request a feature please?
Give us the possibility to bulk-move and bulk-delete presets into other groups/folders... Moving or removing a few thousand presets piece by piece is really really tedious and stupid... If we can't shift-click because of the preview feature, at least add a PROPER "manage presets" button, that lets the user PROPERLY manage and move around these presets. It would be very greatly appreciated.

Or, if there is already a way to bulk-move presets that skipped my search a few times, kindly let me know.

Screenshot attatched to give you an hint of an idea about the problem.

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate