• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Retain "Select Mode" when importing from camera roll?

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my new phone I noticed that the import behavior when adding images from the camera role has changed. Previously I could tap an image and it would instantly open. Now when I tap the image, it's selected and the blue "Add" button appears. Clicking that adds the image to the Lightroom library, from which I then have to pick and tap it again to be finally able to add it. What was one step before is now three steps.

I noticed on my old phone that it still had the old behavior and there was an additional option in the import dialog, "Select Mode". Toggling that option switches between the two behaviors, so all good. However my new phone doesn't have this option. I even deleted the app on the old phone, reinstalled it again and now the option is also gone there.

What happened to this option? Why was it removed for new users? It's a huge step back in usability.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Lightroom iOS team is testing doing away with the one-at-a-time import view I think you are describing.  

I will convert your post to an Idea, so that you and others can vote for keeping the one-at-a-time import view, vs having only the multi-select view

Votes

Translate

Translate