• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for keyword and metadata editing

Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really, really like to be able to do keywording on my iPad in the LR mobile app. Could save me a lot of Google-time back at the desktop trying to figure just where I was standing for that shot, and what's the name of that building, mountain, river, village etc, etc

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 229 Replies 229
229 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not enough for me to just tag and rate my images. Need to use Keywords!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new update for Lightroom mobile, still no keywording feature. It's like Adobe is doing everything to satisfy themselves...

Imaginary conversation in my head:

Adobe: "hey, look how great we are, ANOTHER UPDATE!!!"...
Customers: "come on guys, how about including what customers want???"
Adobe: "eh...who are customers, again?..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you'd prefer they didn't release any more bug fix updates to solve app crashes until they can include your chosen feature? Big features like keywording take a long time to build, especially if you want them to be useable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: it's not only "my" chosen feature, a lot of people are asking for that.

Second: in my first post here I only asked if keyworking feature is planned in future updates and if so, when, that's all.

To me, it would be just a common courtesy to paying customers for an Adobe rep to come here and just say, hey guys it's a complicated programming issue and we plan to tackle it in the next 6 months, or whatever, or sorry guys, this feature is not in the future plans....

That would definitely end this discussion and satisfy a lot of people, including me.
I think that most of us here just want to know, that's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's my top feature too. You'll note I was the first reply on the thread.

Although we're all waiting with baited breath, Adobe don't publicly announce their roadmap, sorry. That's been their policy for as far back as I can remember, so I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon.

From experience though, I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your input on this Victoria - hopefully your voice is heard a little more clearly in Adobe HQ than some of ours ;-).

What frustrates me is that Photosmith had this cracked some time ago and they have a tiny fraction of the resources Adobe could put on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard - the Photosmith angle is what bothers me the most about all of this. Thus far, their third-party app seems to be a much better user interface for triaging my Lightroom library, and yet there are only 3 of them developing the entire project compared to what Adobe could be throwing at the project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a must have, in my opinion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2015 Jan 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't care about creating keywords on my phone, but being able to use existing keywords to search through thousands of images to find the ones I want would be a definite plus. I can't imagine that this update is too far away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ipad version 1 is welcome.

It is an ideal tool for adding metadata to images.

Please provide the ability to maintain at least the following fields.

Title
Caption
Location.
User Comment.

The User Interface for Mac / Windows makes it difficult to edit metadata, due to the small font size, cluttered list of fields and narrow column width. The UI of the iPad would allow the user to easily scale the screen to allow very good text entry features. With current hardware this will deliver real benefit, whereas, we will have to wait for better calibrated iPads to really take advantage of the develop features.

Note. Please do not merge this with Keywords requests. It is amazing that so many Develop features were added, but so few Library features. There should be separate requests for Kewording and Rating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone here that's far smarter than I am please explain something to me about Lightroom Mobile. I got my copy only a few days ago with my "first" iPad, I know, hard to believe. Anyway, I was tearing through Lr Mobile figuring everything out pretty fast, then got stuck on how in the world you got to the menu that allowed you to put in meta (keywords, name changes, title, description and all that stuff). I banged around for hours going crazy cause I was unable to figure this out. All along it NEVER occurred to me Adobe would be so short sided as to omit something as critical to a mobile platform, as this. There are all these silly development features that require processing power iPads don't have a lot of and something like meta - which I would love to sit on an airplane or the beach, etc., and work on... nothing! It's inexplicable. So my question is what am I missing? Is the something they clearly have the ability to do but are holding on to so it's a "bid deal" three or four versions from now? Any news on this would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often I wish I could be working on my photos even when I am away from my desktop/lightroomcatalog. A very useful feature would be a mobile app with a very simple photo viewer with access to my Lightroom catalogs. I could then rate photos, add keywords and other data remotely. This would make my work flow far more efficient, and I could be more productive, even away from my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2015 Feb 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be a true tool for photographers on the go, it REQUIRES the ability to manage keywords. Import the LR keyword hierarchy, add new ones, change them, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2015 Mar 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me, one of the fundamental reasons for introducing Lightroom Mobile was to enable sharing of photos via the mobile device and to be able to replicate (limited) functionality on the device. HOWEVER, captions that show on the PC are not replicated on the iPad after syncing and on the iPad, there is no way to add captions because there is no access to the metadata. Adobe Chat confirmed this is the case but is there a work around and/or will this be corrected in the near future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other iPad apps that can work with metadata; PhotosInfoPro or Photosmith for example. The cool thing about PhotosInfoPro is that you can edit metadata for say a RAW and generate an XMP, and then export JUST the XMPs and so when they are copied to the directory with the RAWs (assuming you didn't change file names) voila! there is your metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither one of those is a viable alternative, Photosmith is $19.99 to edit metadata and keywords, while PhotosInfo Pro hasn't been updated since 2013 and you would need to export images to the camera roll to edit them.

Adobe needs to step up and act like a market leader on the mobile platform. Lightroom iOS is just a photo viewer with some editing capabilities that syncs back with Lightroom for Mac/Windows. I can do that with Mac Photos and iOS photos. All they are doing is what others are doing, give me some professional tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say $20 makes Photosmith a viable alternative, but perhaps its features are more important to me. And PhotosInfoPro isn't an editing app; it doesn't try to be. But that being said, the fact they both could come up with an easy, workable solution does make Adobe's choice to leave out such obvious metadata features even more baffling.

And Photos beta isn't tons better either. You can't even do star ratings with it. Maybe with LR6 we'll get what we want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Amazing looking at this thread - it is nearly a year old and Adobe still have done nothing! I moved to Lightroom after iOS8 did not support iPhoto thinking Adobe would be more robust. Maybe still true but pity about the lack of functionality on LR Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus if you need to create a new keyword in Photosmith you can only do it at the top level of your heirarchy. While not a deal killer, it is pretty irratating to have to relocate those new keywords thw next time you are in Lightroom on your copmuter. And honestly, I find the method used by Photosmith to assign keywords to be rather klunky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we ever going to see keywording in Lightroom Mobile? Ever since the release of this product that is the feature I have been waiting for. To be honest I have no desire to edit my photos on my iPad and have been searching for a way to use this product in my workflow. Adding flagging and rating was a step in the right direction however not enough to give it a spot in my workflow. Add a well integrated keywording method and it's definitely there. I'll admit I currently use a third party app that allows me to do keywording that then syncs back to Lightroom. It works OK but there are some consistency issues with preserving Keyword hiearchies that are irratating. I'm assuming it would be easier to solve these problems in the Lightroom Mobile to Desktop sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooppps! I'll admit I have not used Photosmith in a while and decided to keyword some photos on commercial breaks while watching some TV and, low and behold, the hierarchy problem was fixed in an update that occured since the last time I used the program. Interface is still unweildy though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2015 Apr 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main purpose of obtaining CC for me was the need to sort out and attribute photos quickly on the go, without much editing, but lack of keywording functionality makes my purchase just useless! And there is no reaction from Adobe on this subject for a year - it's just a shame!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2015 Apr 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto for keywording and titles too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And LR6 (CC) is disappointing because we still cannot access metadata through the Mobile App!

Votes

Translate

Translate