Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1382 Replies 1382
1,381 Comments
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because the leaves are naked😅😅😅😅

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only reason I subscribed to PS is because of the Gen Fil. I use a lot of beta AI image generators. Although beta, they work remarkably well. Not this one. Even Firefly seems like it is serving up stock photos. So I decided to cancel. I wanted to wait until you guys say it is fixed. Surprise...A huge penalty to cancel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the AI product manager:

What we need:

1. The FULL PSD file
  2. The selection you used. See How to save a selection
  3. Prompt or unprompted? If prompted, please name your saved selection with the prompt. Otherwise name the selection "unprompted" or "blank"

For those willing, could you please upload the PSD files to the below dropbox?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/wS5onkxYfau7HKtV9EUK

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

El relleno generativo desde que actualicé la aplicación de Beta me está dando cada vez más errores de infracción de las normas en cosas que no infrinjo ninguna norma. Intento borrar, por ejemplo, un cable de la pared y me dice que no se puede realizar por infracción. No elimino cosas con la herramienta quitar porque funciona bastante mal y el relleno generativo me funcionaba bastante bien para estas cosas, pero desde la actualización me da cada vez más fallos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a workaround for you. Whenever i get the violation stop. I alter the hue of all the picture. Turn the hue all the way to left or right and after you are done with the filling, just turn it all the way in oposite direction - no more skin-tones to react to 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, worth a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a digital image and trying to add elk to the scene. The AI refuses to display elk or any form of them for some odd reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh -- that's a great find, thank you @Donkeet . We're looking into this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating status -- the team is working on improving this experience. Thank you all for the reports, hang in there, we're working on it!

Stay tuned. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Trying to use generative fill in PS Beta on one of my own images and I keep getting 'generative images removed because they violate user guidlines'  I am running the latest Mac OS system and am well over 18 years old.  I have a monthly subscription to PS.  Is there a work around to this.  The area I'm trying to work with is a blurred area in the background - albeit it is a fairly large area-maybe about 15% of the image area.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robert M

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just made a simple selection on the background of a studio picture, tried to generate a ball, and the pop up appeared about not respecting guidelines ....

it also appeared before updating.

what could be wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me.  Just started using Photoshop as a photo newbie this week and hve been trying to expand a photo of my 12 year old fully clothed son sitting on steps  (I unfortunately croppped the side of his leg and part of his shoe out of the original shot).  It would not let me add either his shoe or his knee.  Don't think I am savy enough yet to figure out how to send you the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of my generative fills do not work because I get a violation warning...for no reason.  When the beta first came out they were rare, but now they are frequent.  If you need samples, I will be happy to start taking screen shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pete.Green does your team still need more examples of non relevant warnings about guidelines violation? I get dozens of them every day, for nothing, when trying to generate some blurry backgrounds on my macro shots. I will be more than happy to provide examples if it will help to improve the tool. The generative fill is extremely needed and welcomed in macro photography and currently it is really painful and frustrating to use it and to get this warning in 90% of cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a ton of those banners for completely innocuous prompts. Given that it is being beta tested, I'm sure the team is working on fixing these kinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wenn man bei Generative Fill den Text-Prompt "remove moire" eingibt - um zu testen, ob PS vielleicht schon in der Lage ist, ein solches Kommando zu verstehen, wird das mit folgender Warnmeldung quittiert: "The generated images were removed because they violate user guidelines". Dies ist offensichtlich ein Fehler und nicht zutreffend. Es wäre mir jedenfalls neu, dass der Moiré-Effekt irgendetwas Anstößiges oder die Guidelines Verletzendes bedeuten könnte – auch wenn man das semantische Umfeld und Fehldeutungen in Betracht zieht.
Wichtig:
Es wäre gut, in solchen und ähnlichen Fällen eine Korrektur- oder Einspruchs-Funktion zu implementieren!

Und da Verletzungen der Guidelines potenziell mit juristischen Konsequenzen für den Nutzer verbunden sind, ist es unbedingt nötig, dem Nutzer mitzuteilen, worin in den Augen der AI der Verstoß besteht. Stichwort Explainable AI.

Anbei ein Screenshot des Bugs.

[PS Beta Version: 24.7 m2223, MacOS 13.4.1, App&System-Sprache ist Englisch]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They need to remove the training wheels. Not paying a premium for Adobe to dictate what art is acceptable. I'm trying to clean up a basic head-and-shoulders portrait and it's being flagged, wtaf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you're not paying a premium for this because it is still in beta...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The term "balerina en pointe" gives me the message that it violates guidelines. I tried several different canvas sizes and proportions with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Donkeet,

You said, "Well you're not paying a premium for this because it is still in beta..."

Oh yea? I have great alternate graphics software but signed up just for their "super" (lol) Firefly and gen fill beta. Like other AI image beta generators they should work.

So every dime I spend, is a premium. And I will pay a huge penalty to cancel and rebuy when it is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would hope that testers will get a BIG discount off their next subscription as a thank you, like most other companies do

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same with a flower, trying to remove highlights:

Screenshot 2023-07-01 at 16.19.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

App Version 24.7.0

macOS Monterey 12.7.6

I make Day of the Dead Skeleton images and use generative fill to do so. It seems that everytime I want to fix a skeleton arm or leg or something, even a tree limb, I guess the AI thinks its a certain male appendage. I do not use the beta for that purpose. Perhaps the AI is too sensitive, I don't know, but I am not violating community guidelines. This, perhaps is not a bug, but it is very annoying.

In the attached files, I added the background and wanted to fix the female left arm at the elbow, it took no less than 5 tries to do so because the AI perceived it as a certain male appendage, in my opinion. This happens a lot when I am fixing issues with the arms and legs, sometimes fingers, tree limbs, etc.

Even trying to send this post it said the use of the word describing a certain male appendage was a "bad word." and I attached that screen shot as well. I am just trying to be as polite as possible when describing the issue to you. Please, do not take offense to this, as I am just bringing the issue to your attention. No offense intended.

Thank you

Rickie Pauley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it works it works

_7010027.JPG

old car 01.jpg