Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1376 Replies 1376
1,375 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On that topic I had a violation for dado rail. I wondered if it thought it was a mis-spelling with a instead of i,  but your experience makes it even more peculiar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are glossing over the obvious fact that the ai must have a list of banned words that can be edited. And probably should be given current results. Something in the programming is making it ban words in the first place. Reporting errors only highlights where the system is failing, it doesn't address the bias in the initial selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some definitions need to be updated I think. When using genterative fill on rural country roadside photo scenes I want to put in unmowed grass and "WEEDS" with wildflowers. It doesn't like weeds. Which even it was thinking "weed" it could just give me the wild grasses we call weeds. If there were a list of usable words we could search or ANY sort of guidelines on text or language that would help and save a ton of time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curisoty I made a new selection and put in your prompt exactly as you stated (unmowed grass and "WEEDS" with wildflowers). I got this:unmowed grass and _WEEDS_ with wildflowers.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got more or less the same when a friend asked me to do a similar pic. I never used weeds though

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leider gibt mir die KI bei egal welchem Begriff den Hinweis, dass ein Richtlinienverstoß vorliegt. Ich habe es mit allen möglichen Begriffen auf weißer Grundlage getestet. Somit kann keine einzige Richtlinie (z.B. Begriff Wasser) verletzt werden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fabienne22264968m084 

Ich denke das liegt daran dass man nicht deutsch schreiben kann/darf.

Wenn du water statt wasser schreibst wirds wrsnl funktionieren.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HN30289352or9v_0-1689824365941.png

You would think after all these updates you'd still be allowed to edit these images without ps telling me its a violation. The AI is definitely not smart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de pantalla 2023-07-20 a las 10.35.19 copia.jpg

 Que normas se infringen en esta imagen al usar el relleno generativo?? Quiero usar la herramienta por la comodidad que ofrece y siempre me sale ese mensaje...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rafael3119322049zr entering something in the prompt - in this case I used a period "." prevents false flag errors.

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 8.55.27 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rafael3119322049zr also remember the Generative Fill is still in beta and cannot be used for commerical work, only personal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also a case where Content Aware Fill would most likely work just as well, so why frustrate oneself with Generative Fill given its existing issues? Just a suggestion. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @1950's Adobe.  So another day dealing with your 'Violating Your Guidlines policy.  So far this session you have wasted an hour of my time so I wanted to blast you again for what you are doing.  Oh, and another 40min wasted putting together this little message.  As previously mentioned, stop disrespecting and wasting professionals time with your half baked guidlines policy.  It has the AI intelligence of a rabbit.  Actually a rabbit could probably decern between objects better than your software.  90% of the time I leave the prompt blank it will not process and says I am violating your precious guidlines.  Then if I type somehting in it gives me a man in a work hat or something. Which I have to re-guess what words your rabbit brained software wants to hear in order to get me a good result.  It's maddening and it's waterboarding.  At this point I feel like the psychological torture of that process is a negligence on your part.  Here is what happens:

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 7.55.09 PM.png

I select the side of an elephant to smooth it out, leave the prompt blank and.....

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 7.56.59 PM.png

I am violating your guidlines.   [cursing removed]  I assume your rabbit brained AI thought it was a butt.  Really?  In any case, if that had worked,  I would move on.  But no.  So I had to figure out what to say.  Typing "complete elephant".  Gave me this:

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 7.59.46 PM.pngReally?  What is that?  Why would it give me that?   That is so not even close.  That is why I am PO'd.  So now I have to spend the next 20 minutes trying to talk to a rabbit and get it to learn how to dance.  "Elephant body"gave me this:

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 8.01.38 PM.png

Seriously?  I hope you find this amusing because it is.  It is laughable.  It took me many reselects, many phrase variations and finally I got it.  That is waterboarding.  It is torture.  Stop  doing this to your professional community.  I will say this again.  Take off all restrictions on this ASAP.  Create a new policy that puts the resposibility and liability on the user by making us verify our age.  I am so tired of telling you guys about this issue without anyone addressing it.  I have called the support number at least 10 times to complain and asked for an engineer to call back but no call.  I have sent countless examples to your @adobe with no response. I have sent 2 of these messages here without any response.  Shame on you.  Pretty please with sugar on top, take these restrictions off so I can work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could clone myself just so I could feed my clone images to send to you about your broken Gen Fill Restrictive Guidlines. But alas, I only have so much time and you are already wasting enough of it.  This is too absurd to not send.  All night. long for my session, leaving gen fill blank results in 100% no render and your annoying restrictive guidlines window.  It doesn't work at all. It is absurd that a company your size let's this go on.   You are way below the standard for beta software.  This is an alpha problem. I wanted to add a 24k gold henna tattoo necklace on an elephant.  See below:

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 12.02.44 AM.pngAnd guess what?  Voila!

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 12.05.51 AM.png

Violation!!!!!  Please for the love of God tell me why this violates your guidlines?  Why?  I have fought this all night long guys.  There are really only two options here.  Either your engineers have made really bad code and your AI is not smart enough to run your guidlines parameters or you are doing this on purpose to be really really really really conservative.  Both answers are not good.   I beg you, please fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the guidelines violations warning when i try to use generative fill (without a prompt) even though i'm only working on a picture of a piece of fabric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go again, wasting users time.  For the love of God when are you going to fix this?  Seriously, I wonder if Wired Magazine would be interested in a story about your debacle

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 7.09.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More and more I'm getting this message come up when I'm doing very simple things like removing people or objects from the edge of frame with generative fill. Today it won't even extend a black curtain without giving me this message, what could it be possibly generating that would go against guidelines when it's a black blob? It's almost becoming a useless tool because I'm forced to manually remove these things. So much promise but it's hampered by these stupid messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that this might be a bug, rather than a "violation".  Restarting PS enables generation without error.

But even simpler, is typing a fullstop/period ( . ) in the 'What would you like to generate' box.  Voila!  No error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@georger2369527 this has been well documented in here that leaving the prompt blank is a known issue that can cause false flags. Adding even a period to the prompt improves results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 24.7 and ran generative fill again on an image that was causing the error. The error returned, but the fill was completed. Thank you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add that 24.7 is working a little better, I made it half way through an image with no red flags on leaving prompt blank.  It was like heaven :). They still came back but it wasn't waterboarding and they all resolved themselves pretty easy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Preston29196145tevi first - please keep things civil.

Second, as with any AI there is going to be a learning curve for users to write effective prompts that can give you the best results.

In your first examples, as documented heavily in here - leaving a prompt blank leads to false violations.

I took that example and entered "smooth skin" I did not get a violation and had some good results - no violations.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1689962443289.png

In your second post it's most likely in your case it is the word "henna" - the Generative Fill AI is using English only words at this time. I was able to take your example and create a result with "ornate gold tattoo" and again got results with no violations.

Keep in mind if you find this process so frustrating to the point of ranting on a forum, perhaps take a break and don't participate in a beta test for a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops, spoke too soon.  Literally my first render upon opening the project.  Left it blank and selected a tusk and got the window

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 1.01.04 PM.pngGonna be a long day....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for being blunt, I will try to channel that into more constructive dialog.  You have to understand how maddening it can get trying to work with Gen Fill at this point.  Last night 100% of the time if I selected something and left it blank it wouldn't render.  That is unaccepatble.  My tone is always very direct though and I feel the need to be so with the response.  The point of all of this is to use it and not have a ridiculous thing impede workflow.  I can appreciate that things worked for you but it doesn't work for me.  The larger point is that somehting is broken in the Gen Fill code that is causing really bad amateur type errors.  Please look at this through the end users eyes.  Why does it most of the time if I leave it blank, give me guidlines window?  It shouldn't do that even in beta software.  I hope you guys are taking it seriously and not just going,"Well, it worked for me so it isn't a problem."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Preston29196145tevi level set - you do realize you are voluntarily participating in a beta test phase for software correct? Constructive dialog is always welcome and helps move the progress forward. The software will get better but understand this is the first instance of Generative Fill AI in Photoshop. There is going to be growing pains. But also if this impedes workflow so much (keeping in mind this is only to be used for non-commercial work) - you always have the option to stop testing and move to the general public release to do your work. No one is blowing off replies in here and the team is monitoring.

The blank issue has been noted so much in this and other threads that at this point I would personally consider it user error if someone posts "I left it blank and it gave me an error" without reading the thread they are posting on.

I'm certain this and other errors will be addressed well before this is finally released to the public in a new version of PS. But at this point hammering the same issue over and over in a rant does nothing to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate