• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative Fill Button greyed out (age)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selection is active, I cannot use the generative fill button. It's visible, but greyed out...

I already switched from german language to english without success.. Please advice. Thanks !

Patrick

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

This issue was fixed with the 24.6 release

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Current known fixes/workarounds for this are listed in this FAQ: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Everyone, if you are having issues with Generative Fill, please download the latest beta: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

and restart Ps beta and see if this solves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 769 Replies 769
769 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

777.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just as an update as I have been trying to get help on the problem of Generative Fill being blocked due to age, this time I went through twitter and got a reply back straight away telling me that my date of birth is not correct and was then passed to support.  I then went through the exact actions as have been repeated on this thread many times to no avail.  They then said they would change my DOB to the correct one and that this would take 2-4 hrs.  They contacted me to see if things were corrected, but alas 12hrs later I still am 'under age'.  I strongly believe the problem to be with Behance.  This is where I am at the moment.  I am not complaining as this is a Beta and this is what Beta's a for ironing out problems but I really hjope this is cleared up before official launch.  (As a side note in this day where cyber security is important I find being told that my DOB in Google profile should be made public in order to log into another program frankly astonishing).   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it's even weirder, I can use the generative fill just fine on my PC desktop but it's now greyed out on my Mac laptop. It used to work on my Mac laptop too before. There is no where in my Behance profile where I can enter my DOB so I guess I'll just wait until it's not beta anymore to use it on my Mac...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jsk1979 there is no difference between Mac or Win for the GF functionality, so...

Make sure you are signed in your CCD app with the same Adobe ID as your PC. You may need to clean your entire Mac CCD:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory, thank you! I already did that without results.

But I just found out that it was because of my firewall! I just tried to deactivate it and restarted Photoshop, then it worked. I took a closer look at my firewall rules and found the culprit one and deleted it. Now it works fine even with the firewall turned on.

To sum it up, for people having the same problem, maybe try to deactivate your firewall temporarily and restart Photoshop, if the generative fill then works it means that there is a rule in your firewall that prevents the generative fill to connect to the internet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DYS24523629v9um can you be more specific?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the Genreative fill not working its say that i am under 18 but i am 23
I've been trying to fix this for hours but can't

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2023 Jul 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After logging in with facebook with a valid birthdate generative fill is still saying I am under 18. I have aslo tried logging in to Behance but there is no where to enter a birthday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultv47fqsl5csov Be aware that if you have previously entered a DOB and you are underage, the date cannot be changed. If you have not previously added age verification, and cannot enter your age verification via Behance, Adobe Customer Care can assist you.

Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have never been under age for this program and I do not recall entering a DOB at all. I am awaiting a reset after speaking with the support service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this process of verification is very complicated, it would be so much simpler if we could just enter our date of birth somewhere in our Adobe account instead of needing to go to Facebook or Google or Behance like it's currently the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I dont seem to be able to change my birth of date on either Behance OR on the settings for my Adobe account, can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a repeatable experience with Photoshop 2023 Beta and Generative Fill being grayed out that has nothing to do with the age thing. If I have a selection on a raster layer, but that raster layer is clipped to another layer, generative fill will not work, it will be grayed out. Unclip, and it will not be grayed out. This could be something people are experiencing where it is sometimes grayed out but not always. I have been trying to figure it out for days, but just now realised this behavior. It may be intended, but it is not mentioned in the resource linked by @Pete.Green that a raster layer must not be clipped to another layer for ti to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je suis pareil que vous ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo buen rato buscando una solución a este problema, pero sigo sin encontrarla. Mi Adobe Id muestra que tengo mas de 18 años de edad, pero aún así sigo sin poder utilizar la herramienta de relleno generativo. La opción me aparece, pero está atenuada, como deshabilitada. Como se puede ver en la siguiente imagen:Captura de pantalla 2023-08-30 162726.png

Si alguien pudiera ayudarme con esto se lo agradecería mucho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@produccion3197771261gh ¿Has visto mi comentario 2 antes del tuyo? ¿Está su capa recortada a otra capa?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont even see a place to even enter my birthdate, I dont think it was ever asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue was fixed with the 24.6 release

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate