• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative Fill Button greyed out (age)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selection is active, I cannot use the generative fill button. It's visible, but greyed out...

I already switched from german language to english without success.. Please advice. Thanks !

Patrick

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

This issue was fixed with the 24.6 release

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Current known fixes/workarounds for this are listed in this FAQ: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Everyone, if you are having issues with Generative Fill, please download the latest beta: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

and restart Ps beta and see if this solves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 769 Replies 769
769 Comments
Contributor ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged into Behance - but there is no way to enter my date of birth.

Neither via popup after login nor in the profile or account settings.

I could only remove the checkbox "Block mature content in the Behance gallery"

But this didn't help too.

Therefore: How can I enable the "Generative Fill Button" if the Behance-Birth-Date-Method doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why when i want to use the generetive fill a sign comes out saying this feature is only for who above 18 and im above 18 but still dosent work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting the same error, I was using v1.0 photoshop when I was 21...back in 1991..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked my account. Did not seem that there is a record on my age, or somewhere where I could check or fix this issue. Also, I suspect that there is something else going on, and that is why the generative fill is greyed out in PS Beta. Please help to fix it, I would like to use it. 

Thanks. Mari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new function  Generative Fill is greyed out and you get a warning  that you apparently to young  even though you are over the age 18.  In this case  it is possible that you don't have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account.

To update your Date of Birth, you can do either of the following steps:

• Sign out and sign back into Creative Cloud Desktop Client and Photoshop (Beta) app
  • If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google or Facebook), ensure that your Date of Birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (Beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.3.1 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that if you have previously entered a DOB and you are underage, you cannot change the date. If you have not previously added age verification, and cannot enter your age verification via Behance, Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Maria30165121ikym 

Why is the Generative Fill button not available?
If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Be aware that if you have previously entered a DOB and you are underage, you cannot change the date. If you have not previously added age verification, and cannot enter your age verification via Behance, Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Il indique que mon compte a moins de 18ans alors que ce n'est pas le cas. Je ne peux donc pas utilisé le "generative fill"....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Erik30166428az02 
If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

Be aware that if you have previously entered a DOB and you are underage, the date cannot be changed. If you have not previously added age verification, and cannot enter your age verification via Behance, Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Generative Fill option in beta 24.6.0 has been disabled saying my account is under age. That is not true. I am a faculty member at a university and my adobe account shows that as verified. Yet, this beta version thinks I am under 18. I have searched to find a way to correct this in my personal information, but there is nothing that indicates my age nor a way to specify my age. Obviously, the Generative Fill feature will be useless if it is automatically disabled for some users. I am running Windows 11, Intel i9 CPU, NVidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you sign out of Photoshop Beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. It works ! 😉

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program states that according to the account, I am not 18 years old. But I'm 53 and I don't know what account you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vakula70 

Be aware that if you have previously entered a DOB and you are underage, the date cannot be changed. If you have not previously added age verification, and cannot enter your age verification via Behance, Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TMS_MU 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I installed the Photoshop Beta version to use the AI tool, but I can't use it because it says this version can be used by individuals who are 18 and older. As you know, I have been registered for almost a year and have been paying every month for Photoshop. I'm 40 years old. I tried to find where I can rectify this but couldn't. Could you please resolve this issue so I can use the new AI tool? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SatoshiFella If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the message that I'm under 18 and thus can't use the generative fill tool. I'm well over 18 and tried to log out and log back on, to no avail. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to use the beta generative AI and it keeps saying I'm not allowed to use it because records show I'm under 18. VERY frustrating, I'm actually 54!!! I'm a photographer and would love to experiment with it if I can get some help with this issue. I'm on a Desktop and Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I figured it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Donald23455723sznj 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not resolve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I just want to ask some problem of using some new function.
Why my Adobe account is student = I must under 18 years old???????
and because of this, I can't use new functions???

What's wrong with this???????

Votes

Translate

Translate