• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative Fill Button greyed out (age)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selection is active, I cannot use the generative fill button. It's visible, but greyed out...

I already switched from german language to english without success.. Please advice. Thanks !

Patrick

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

This issue was fixed with the 24.6 release

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Current known fixes/workarounds for this are listed in this FAQ: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Everyone, if you are having issues with Generative Fill, please download the latest beta: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

and restart Ps beta and see if this solves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 769 Replies 769
769 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same... i tried everything... still says that im under 18. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I downloaded the new beta version of PS, signed in with googlemail because I do not have behance, amended my birthday to public, and still states that I am under 18 (I'm actually 40). Maybe because it's in beta that they are still ironing out the bugs, however people are still being able to use this, so it's slightly frustrating that I cannot use this awesome feature. All I wanna do is create a llama riding a wave holding a white russian 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

generative fill option was working until yesterday and now its greyed out and i cannot use the option anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Photoshop Beta doesn't allow me to use AI Generator Fill . It comes out a line saying that I'm under 18 years old ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Beta is not working and tell me that I am less than 18 years old, but I am 25, and I dont know how it change!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no place in behance to enter date of birth

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no place in behance to enter date of birth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vsmaxv 

Why is the Generative Fill button greyed out if I'm over 18?

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you and you're over the age of 18, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do either of the following:

• Sign out and sign back in to both the Creative Cloud Desktop app and the Photoshop (beta) app
  • If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google, and Facebook), ensure that your date of birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how i can fix the problem when i use the adobe photoshop beta when i useit he show me that im  under the 18 ? canyou helpin me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unfortuntaly cant find anywhere to upload my DOB anywhere. Ive logged in to behance and adobe id, and no pop up window or place to fill it in appears. Could be because im located in Norway but im kinda confused... Please help hihi

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do i go on Behance to change my DOB, i cannot find it anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do i put in my DOB on behance

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the photoshop beta i am not bale to do anyting as i get the sign that I am not 18 years old )) I am 39 actually 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I work for an organisation and used adobe products. However, when testing the new photoshop BETA, I am prompt with this message "this feature can only be used by thoes who are 18 and over'. I have tried changing date of birth on my profile, but can not see this fuction. Very frustrating, that this is an requirement. How can I change this so I can have access or better yet just take this requirment away. 

Cheers, 

PW 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried making my birthday public with my Google account and also switching to my Facebook account. Neither allows me access to this feature. WHY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

Although someone had replied to my issues not being able to use the generative fill function in photoshop BETA. I can't seem to find where to update the date of birth section to verify I am over 18. So if you're, going to reply please reply back with links below on how to change this and where. I can not use this fuction without verifying I am 18. 

Thanks. 

PW

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

Je n'arrive pas à tester la nouvelle fonctionnalité de "Remplissage génératif" car selon adobe je n'ai pas 18 ans ? Nous avons un compte entreprise donc l'utilisateur à + de 18 ans. 

Savez-vous où et comment modifier dans le compte ? Je n'arrive pas à trouver 

Merci 

Service30293994nb92_0-1685959248173.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

Be aware that if you have previously entered a DOB and you are underage, the date cannot be changed. If you have not previously added age verification, and cannot enter your age verification via Behance, Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another reason that Generative Fill may be greyed out is that an invalid layer type (such as an adjustment layer) is targeted (active).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that if you have previously entered a DOB and you are underage, the date cannot be changed. If you have not previously added age verification, and cannot enter your age verification via Behance, Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have recently purchased photoshop and i wanted to use the regenerative fill, my birth date on my google account is on 10/05/2002 but still i cant use it, anyone knows how to fix this please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google or Facebook), ensure that your Date of Birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone, if you are having issues with Generative Fill, please download the latest beta: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

and restart Ps beta and see if this solves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate