• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Generative Fill Button greyed out (age)

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After selection is active, I cannot use the generative fill button. It's visible, but greyed out...

I already switched from german language to english without success.. Please advice. Thanks !

Patrick

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

This issue was fixed with the 24.6 release

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Current known fixes/workarounds for this are listed in this FAQ: 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Everyone, if you are having issues with Generative Fill, please download the latest beta: 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230603.m.2196 77b00e0 x64

and restart Ps beta and see if this solves this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 769 Replies 769
769 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my account is associated with a minor

By @dos-01

Since your account is associated with a minor, you will need to wait until that person turns 18. There is no getting around it with Adobe.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sto provando la nuova versione beta ma il tasto "riempimento generativo" è disabilitato mi dice che i dati del mio account è di un minorenne sotto i 18 anni ma non è vero.

come posso risolvere questo probelma?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post on the correct Forum. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta/ct-p/ct-photoshop-beta?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang...

And please do a Forum Search before posting, because it seems this issue has already been posted about repeatedly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Be aware that if you have previously entered a DOB and you are underage, the date cannot be changed. If you have not previously added age verification, and cannot enter your age verification via Behance, Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and then I uninstalled and then reinstalled. It was telling me that it had updates but also said it was on the latest version. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program thinks I'm under 18 and will not allow me to use the generate features... (I'm 45).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jensen30225639a7y9 

f you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:
• Log into your Adobe account and enter your Date of Birth. To learn more, see Error: "Not eligible to use Creative Cloud services".
Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

Be aware that if you have previously entered a DOB and you are underage, the date cannot be changed. If you have not previously added age verification, and cannot enter your age verification via Behance, Adobe Customer Care can assist you. Go to https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and log into the site. Click the chat pod on the bottom right and type AGENT to get a real person who can help. Be patient 1:1 customer care puts you in a queue. Or you can reach out on Twitter at AdobeCare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where exactly is the age setting on Behance (and why the heck is it on Behance, now I have a Behance profile that I don't need or want)?

1. Have been through the Behance Profile and Settings twice
  2. Have been through Settings and Profile on Adobe
  3. Photoshop beta states 'Up to date'
  4. Have also tried reducing the resolution of the current file I'm editing

Have been using generative fill for a day and up until a few minutes ago, it was working?

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 8.08.33 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go it, it doesn't work on CMYK files, only RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Photoshop Beta to access the generative AI feature, my Photoshop blocks this features and a big orange text box pops up wrongly claiming I am not allowed to use this feature given I am underage as per my account settings.

Technical info:
Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 
Windows 10

I tried desperately resolving this for over one hour, and it is as hilarious as this is excessively frustrating.

- I was never asked ever since my time with Adobe what is my date of birth

- I have an account with this firm for pays and pay the subscription with a credit card

- Most frustrating: There is not even anywhere an age setting or age verification problem at all in the account settings, nor does the software give me any piece of advice at all on how I can update my profile in this regard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And shift-to-unconstrain still exists? Have had to redo two jobs completed while using the beta.

It's like being forced to read backwards but only while reading legal contracts, all other times you're allowed to read forwards!

Do designers who use the other Adobe apps use shift-to-unconstrain in Photoshop? After all these years, it's still embarrassing, inconsistent UX nonsense sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I want to use the "Generative Fill" function, but an inscription appears that I am not yet 18 years old. How to fix it? There is no age section in the account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check here, if that helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/access-to-generative-ai-blocked-for-q...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@csscms not to get off-topic but this has been in your control for several versions now under Preferences/General.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1685652213018.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marina61 

If you find that Generative Fill is greyed out for you, it is possible that you may not have a valid Date of Birth associated with your Adobe ID account. To update your Date of Birth, you can do any of the following:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @edyzero this has been well documented in here and on the FAQ page for the Generative Fill beta:

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I want to use the "Generative Fill" function, but an inscription appears that I am not yet 18 years old. How to fix it? There is no age section in the account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your date of birth may need entering:

Try

Sign out and sign back in to both the Creative Cloud Desktop app and the Photoshop (beta) app

or

or

If you sign in using social sign-in (Apple, Google, and Facebook), ensure that your date of birth in that account is set to public instead of private.

Once your Date of Birth is up to date, relaunch the Photoshop (beta) app to enable Generative Fill.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much to everyone! I did everything as I was prompted and everything worked out! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much to everyone! I did everything as I was prompted and everything worked out! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully aware it's just that betas have it off by default. Not scaling proportionatly like you are in every other Adobe app and all other tools in Photoshop iteself, breaks Design 101: CONSISTENCY.

Choose one and stick to it. The inconsitecy is still an embarrisng mess all these years later - not your fault I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says this when opening chat:

"A member of your organization is a designated contact for issues with your Adobe products. Reach out to your administrator or IT contact for help."

But our IT cannot change my DoB on the Adobe account, so what should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just turned 57!  I thought I'd try out the AI tool, but I get a message that Photoshop thinks I'm not yet 18.  I can't see any place in my account information to tell you my age.

rogerh78863753_0-1685725586062.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I to start working Ph (Beta), I get a message that according to my account I was not yet 18.  I was already 18, I do not know why I see this message.?

Thank you

Katka

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 29 years old and i'm trying to use the Ai Generator in Photoshop Beta and it's saying my account says I'm not over 18.... how do I fix this? Why is it saying this?

Votes

Translate

Translate