• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic>Edit in PS: Long Delay+Erroneous Error Message opening Ps Beta 2024 25.0

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated Photoshop Beta to 2024 v25.0 on my Windows 11 machine.

Now when I try to open photos from LR 12.4 using the "edit in...", it hangs up for a time and then comes up saying "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched."

When I hit "Ok" it then opens the file in Photoshop 2024. 

This happens with every file, even if Photoshop 2024 is already up and running at the time. 

This does not happen with 2023 v24.7.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Lightroom Classic 12.5 released this evening.  If used in conjunction with PS Beta 25.0 or later, this erroneous error message plus long open wait time should be mitigated. Please install LrC 12.5 and make certain that your Beta is up to date.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

This thread will be

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1160 Replies 1160
1,160 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Classic, if you choose Edit In  "Edit in PS 24"

The option Edit a Copy with LR Adjustment just open the PS programme Homepage and not the selected Photo.

Edit a Copy will open the selected Photo in PS

Edit Original will alsoopen the selected Photo in PS.

This function has been a problem on and off over last month depending on which PS beta version it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

La commande de Lightroom Classic (V12.4) «Ouvrir en tant que calque dans photoshop> ne fonctionne plus depuis la mise à jour vers Photoshop V24.7.0 qui vient de se faire (27 juillet 2023). Quoi faire j'utilise souvent cette fonction.

Y a t'il une solution?

Salutations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Team,

After latest update on PS Beta, when opening multiple images from Lightroom Classic (24.7 release), the functionality of "Edit In-->Open as layers in Photoshop" launches PS Beta but the images don't open up in it. Same issue observed when doing "Edit In-->Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2024.." menu. After I close the launched PS Beta verison, I get a popup that is attached to this thread.

Note - I use Windows 10 operating system

History

Before the Beta update, I had updated normal PS and till that time it was working alright.

Temporary Solution

I downgraded PS Beta to previous version (24.7.0 release) and it seems to again work fine. 

Guess

Could it be because of the mismatch of the latest PS version (24.7) and latest PS Beta verion (25.0) ?

So basically the issue is when updating the PS Beta to it's latest version (25.0).

Please help fix this!

Thank You,

Nayan Soni

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as of today. Send an image from Lightroom to Photoshop beta, Photoshop opens but dosen't load the image sent. Around a minute later I recieve error message in Lightroom "The file could not be edited becouse Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched". I've reinstalled Photoshop be still the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea got a same bug,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of days ago it was working fine, now when I want to edit photo in PS from LR, the image doesn't open and LR keeps saying:

Screenshot 2023-07-28 021559.png

Can anybody help me how to fix this? I don't have a clue what happened? I'm using latest LR and PS Beta latest too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since the latest update, a solution would be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Bug here..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same issues, open in lightroom 2024, open copy with LR adjustments cause hang and same errors. open a copy (without adjustments) worked OK. I reset Photoshop preferences, I uninstalled and reinstall Beta, no sucess. I have reverted to Beta V24.7 and it works OK again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the new Photoshop Beta (25.0 m.2254). Now when I try to open photos as layers from Lightroom, Photoshop does nothing. This worked with the previous version of Photoshop Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems it's a bug in the latest Beta.

See here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-bugs/p-lightroom-not-opening-photos-properly-in-photos...

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
This occurs on windows version (apparently mac users have no problems). It occurs using the default edit in PS. With the windows version, by default LRC opens the beta version unless the 2023 version is already open (to open 2023 you need to create a special instance in preference>external editors).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same happens to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overhead_trygg_0-1690538936658.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe Lightroom Classic version 12.4. and beta versions of Adobe Photoshop. 
I downgraded Adobe Photoshop 25.0 to 24.7. Reason: Can't open files in Adobe Photoshop
Beta 25.0 via Lightroom: "Edit files in..." - "Open in Photoshop as Smart Object..."
Seems to be a bug in version 25.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habe die neueste Lightroom Classic Version installiert, seit gestern steht mir nur mehr der Befehl "In Photoshop 2024 bearbeiten" zur Verfügung, was natürlich nicht funktioniert. 
In Lightroom erhalte ich eine Fehlermeldung (siehe Attachment), das Foto geht dann nach einer Weile in Photoshop (habe Beta installiert) auf, allerdings als TIFF und kann dann nicht an Lightroom zurück übergeben werden. 
Bilde mir ein dass ich das schon einmal hatte, da wurde das Problem aber dann offenbar mit einem allgemeinen Fix gelöst.
Wer kann mir hier helfen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant edit photo from lightroom to photoshop, when i clicking - edit in photoshop - nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here issue on windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I push "edit in..." I have three options, all three options bring me to photoshop beta, but the photo never opens. Once you wait awhile, you click out of photoshop. Once back in Lightroom you get a message "photoshop 2024 could not launch." THEN Lightroom opens the photo in Photoshop beta for you to edit. It's not seemless like it used to be. Extremely frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Buddhaful What happened if you start the Photoshop 2023 version (not the Beta!!!) first, put it into the background and the start Lightroom. Then try to open a picture via "Edit in Photoshop..."

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently changed my workflow from LR to Bridge and camera raw

I would like to know how to launch PH Beta from Camera raw and not PH which is the default app

I'm using mac OS

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to work as a slow work around. When I save, I have to close and open LRC to have the save from Beta moved back to LRC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...habe leider mit dem neuen update von Photoshop Beta v.25.0 das gleiche problem.

Beta wird zwar von LR geöffnet, aber die Datei nicht.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

when I try to open a picture in Ps Beta v. 25.0 (via the context menu "edit in..." from Lightroom Classic v. 12.4) on my MacBook Pro (Chip M1 Max, 64 MB RAM, macOS Ventura v. 13.4.1)

jupr_0-1690546043090.png

jupr_1-1690546159950.png

jupr_2-1690546205727.png

After clicking the Button "Open in Adobe Photoshop (Beta)" Ps Beta opens up but does not display the picture. Even if I have Ps Beta allready open and then go in Lightroom "edit in Ps (Beta)" the picture won't show up. Strangely enough after starting Ps 2023 the picture will show up there.

Help is very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate