• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic>Edit in PS: Long Delay+Erroneous Error Message opening Ps Beta 2024 25.0

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated Photoshop Beta to 2024 v25.0 on my Windows 11 machine.

Now when I try to open photos from LR 12.4 using the "edit in...", it hangs up for a time and then comes up saying "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched."

When I hit "Ok" it then opens the file in Photoshop 2024. 

This happens with every file, even if Photoshop 2024 is already up and running at the time. 

This does not happen with 2023 v24.7.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Lightroom Classic 12.5 released this evening.  If used in conjunction with PS Beta 25.0 or later, this erroneous error message plus long open wait time should be mitigated. Please install LrC 12.5 and make certain that your Beta is up to date.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

This thread will be

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1160 Replies 1160
1,160 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use only the Mac Version and since the update of this morning of PS it is noit working anymore.

PS version 24.7, LR 12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 
I am using LR 12.4, PS 24.7 and PS Beta 25.00 on OS Ventura. 
All up to date. 
Yesterday Adobe cloud suggested an updae to PS Beta and once relaunched PS_B I notices that it became more and more combreosme to open photos from LR in PS/PSB.
First nothing happenes, and after a minutes or so there's as message "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2023 / Photoshop Beta could not be launched"
And then the photo opens.
I triesd to unisntall PSB and LR and updated PS - same result. 
However it seems to work fine if you open the photo without adjustments. 
I tried to open the photo from LR to Topaz AI, and it works fine. 

Any idea what's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

latest mac OS, Lrc and PS Beta. Cannot right click "edit in PS Beta". uninstalled and now in latest version of PS 2023, PS opens but photo has not carried over. This is a mess Adobe. Can we just roll back both programs in CC to a previous date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems. I have I-7 12700. Brand new laptop with Windows 11 Home. When I try to edit in Photoshop 2024 it takes me to the regular opening page but does not do anything from there. It should take me direct to editing mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem I have gone back to 24.7 which works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Description: On Friday, July 28, 2023, I installed the newest version of Photoshop Beta. However, when I attempt to open a photo from Lightroom Classic (LRC), I encounter an error message that says, "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop (Beta) could not be launched." Although Photoshop Beta does open successfully, it fails to open the photo from LRC. Strangely, if I open the same photo directly in Photoshop Beta, it opens in RAW format and appears to have no connection to Lightroom Classic. It seems that the link between LRC and Photoshop Beta is broken.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken: To resolve the issue, I have already tried the following steps:

1. Uninstalled Photoshop Beta.
  2. Restarted my Macbook Pro.
  3. Reinstalled the latest version of Photoshop Beta.

However, despite these efforts, the problem persists. It's worth noting that Photoshop Beta has been working perfectly until this particular release.

I'm posting this to seek any guidance or solutions you might have to restore the connection between Lightroom Classic and Photoshop Beta. If anyone else has encountered a similar issue or knows of a potential fix, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance for your help and support!

System Information:

• Macbook Pro with Intel i9 processor and AMD Radeon Pro 5500mm graphics card.
  • Latest version of Photoshop Beta installed on July 28, 2023.
  • Lightroom Classic (LRC) for photo organization and editing.

Looking forward to your suggestions and recommendations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  exactly the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled PS, rebooted and then installed PS 24.6. Once I did that, everything worked as it was supposed to. So glad to be back up and running again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I update Photoshop to v24.7 I cannot open a raw file from Lightroom in photoshop.  

Photoshop will open but without the image.

No problem with psd files and jpg files. 

Opening a raw file with opening as a smart objekt in Photoshop although works.

No problems with Photoshop Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RichardJPhotography Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Application to uninstall Photoshop. When asked, keep preferences! After this reinstall Photoshop. In the CC client you can also install the previous version,

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tied this. Now PS 2023 opens, however the photo does not open within the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this but unfortunately, did not keep preferences. I ended up uninstalling everything, including the cloud app. reboot, reinstalled all. Now when I try to flip from LR to PS 2023, PS opens, but the photo does not open within the app. Thank God I still have C1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same issue. I can also open RAW images as Smart Objects, but I'm unable to open RAW files into Ps from Lightroom since the update.

Jason P. Odell Photography
www.luminescentphoto.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the reinstallation of Photoshop only doesn't help the next step is to reinstall both apps Lightroom and Photoshop. Please folloe the steps below: 

1. Open the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Client and uninstall both Photoshop and Lightroom Classic. When asked, keep preferences!  
  2. Install Photoshop first and then Lightroom Classic. The right order is very important here! 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.11 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me too on a mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the update this morning, Images in lightroom no longer open in the beta version. They did before. Tried reinstalling, and going to settings in lightroom to link the beta version but selecting Edit in Photoshop ( by right clicking on an image) or Open as a Smart Object in Photoshop does nothing. Images do open in the new version of Photoshop 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working now!  I uninstalled PS Beta and PS v24.7 using the Creative Cloud app on my desktop.  For both uninstalls, I clicked the button "KEEP" preferences. Once they were both uninstalled, I then reinstalled PS v24.6.  That's all I did.  I didn't touch Lightroom.  The file transfers between Lightroom and Photoshop started working again like it has always done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can we install an earlier version of PSB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if we uninstalled without "Keeping Preferences", did we Brick our CC services? That seems to be the nail in the casket..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2023 beta. It is up to date. Lightroom is up to date. Lightroom classic is trying to open photoshop 2024. I don't have 2024. I can't open lightroom photos in photoshop. I have no option to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you reinstall your apps like Photoshop or Lightroom without keeping the preferences the apps where install with the default settings. After the installation you have do the settings that you need manually.

This has nothing to do with the CC services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting from Lightroom to the beta 25.0 doesn't work at first. You eventually get an error from Lightroom stating it's unable to launch Photoshop 2024. (Which it was either already open or it did open it.) If you close out Photoshop, and then close out the error from lightroom, it will eventually do it. Maybe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, found it - https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

I went back to Photoshop Beta 24.7 and it everything works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Creative Cloud Desktop app to uninstall the version or versions you currently have and ensure you select "KEEP" when prompted.  Once the PS versions you uninstalled are gone, then install the older version, like PS v24.6.  That is what worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hchandless you should report the issue on the Photoshop (Beta) forum

Votes

Translate

Translate