• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Neural filters exceeded timeout limit

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the below message with every move of the mouse after using Harmonization filter! Its killing my Mac.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Hey everybody, the team is working on this issue so please keep an eye out for a future update.

Thank you,

Cory

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
12 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this one @Scott Readman, can you give any more information about your Mac?

What kind of image are you working on with Harmonization?

Do you have a sense of how long it takes before you see this message?

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Its a PSD with 4 artboards and multiple layers. I used the Harmonization on a few smart objects within the file to make them match more with the background. But now whenever I try and copy, move or edit the smart object I get a spinning wheel for approx 20 seconds and then that message.

To make it even worse I've gotten rid of the effects now on all the smart objects but I'm still getting the error! 😡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac details...

Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 09.48.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop beta using the neural filter, photo restoration is causing a video driver timeout 

radeon rx 6600 and newest video driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if this might fix the issue for you @edbnj:

[from a customer]
"I found the source of this problem! I looked under "Known Issues" for the AMD Pro Edition driver and noticed the following:

• “Use GPU for image processing” option is not available in Adobe Lightroom for select Radeon & Radeon PRO GPUs.
    •  Users encountering this issue can use AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.9.1 as a temporary solution.

I uninstalled the AMD Pro Edition and installed the Adrenaline Edition. Everything now works fine for both Object Selection and Camera Raw! Hopefully this driver will play nicely with my 3D apps. And hopefully the next version of the AMD Pro Edition driver will actually be a bit more "Pro!"

Please let us know if this works for you.

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody, the team is working on this issue so please keep an eye out for a future update.

Thank you,

Cory

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has basically killed my photoshop!
I have removed the filter in question from all layers but I still keep getting the error message! Can you please fix this ASAP?
I've just updated to the latest build but  nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

So to give you an idea I've just updated photohsop to the latest build and opened the file that I used the filter on. I removed the filter last week. I've just tried to copy a piece of a layer and got the spinning wheel for about 10 seconds before the error came up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arg, so sorry to hear this @Scott Readman. Are you getting these freezes while in Neural Filters? or within Photoshop itself outside of Neural Filters dialog?

Does a preferences reset help at all? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset-preferences

The system I'm working on is similar to yours, actually even more under-powered than what you have. 

What are the image dimensions of the files you're working on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the error just within Photoshop. As I said I've removed the filters from the document altogether but I'm still getting the error when I try to make edits to the layers that originally contained the filter.

The file has multiple artboards but isn't as big as most files I usually work on.

I've had to make a copy of the file and rasterize every layer that originally had the filter to stop the error. Its worked but is an annoying workaround.

I'm going to try the pref reset as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get this fixed? I'm getting the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah i get the same with Photoshop 2024 when trying to toggle off the neurfilters in the layers panel, version 25.4.0,. the more i use it the more issues i find, getting to be a bit of a joke that i can't toggle this on or off and the eye dropper tool is also broken because of a program error, is adobe just falling apart? is this normal? really doesn't seem like it imo 

Votes

Translate

Translate