• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Bullets in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add bullets to a list in photoshop? I'm not seeing the option Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 10.50.47ā€ÆAM.png

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

@Anna3173000119lu 

Photoshop is primarily an image editor and it does not have the same text features as InDesign and Illustrator. It does not have bullets. On your Mac, use Option+8 for a bullet character ā€¢ in Photoshop or anywhere.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anna3173000119lu 

Photoshop is primarily an image editor and it does not have the same text features as InDesign and Illustrator. It does not have bullets. On your Mac, use Option+8 for a bullet character ā€¢ in Photoshop or anywhere.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, I use photoshop for much more than photo editing and often integrate text into photo designs. I feel like it was in previous versions and was removed for some reason? Very weird that we don't have that basic text capability..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like it was in previous versions and was removed for some reason?

By @Anna3173000119lu

No, unfortunately Bullets have never been in Photoshop.

If you want a hanging indent, do this:

• Set the left indent to X points, where X is 9 pts, 10 pts, 11 pts, etc
  • Set the first line indent to -X points (minus X): -9 pts, -10 pts, -11 pts

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so strange Jane.  I was so convinced that the option was there, I had to go look to prove it to myself. I'm sure that if you do this stuff often enough, for long enough, it becomes automatic muscle memory that we do without thinking about.  My Chris can touch type, and annoys me by typing away without looking at the keyboard. šŸ™‚  I can type almost as quickly as her, but I do have to glance occasionaly.  So my fingers must, more or less know where the keys are, but if you asked me to map out a qwerty keyboard, I'd zero chance of getting it right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis 

There must be other posts about bullets in the Photoshop forum, but I didn't do a search since this has annoyed me for too many years. In Windows I think the shortcut for a bullet is Alt+Numeric 0149.

Try typing the alphabet without looking Trevor. I bet you can do it! And you called it a qwerty keyboard, so you already know the first six letters on the top row! šŸ™‚

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Anna3173000119lu wrote on 08 Dec 2023

Update: Bullets and Numbering became available in Photoshop as of May 2024, just six months after this thread was created. 

Details here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/new-feature-now-in-photoshop-beta-bullets-...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2024 Aug 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just incase anyone else stumbles on this article as I did with the same question - highlight the text you want to add bullets to, then go to Window > Properties > Bullets and Numbering. Select the bullet option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines