Exit

Update stops at 1%

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2024 Oct 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot update to the latest version of Photoshop BETA? It stops at 1%

I am updating in Creative Cloud on my Macbook Air

It has a green check mark saying It works on this Device???

Help......?

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FashionistaNYC 

I've branched your post from a thread in the Photoshop forum and moved it to the Photoshop Beta forum.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks --- Can you provide a link?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FashionistaNYC 

The direct link to your thread is https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/update-stops-at-1/m-p/14891847

You can also click the bell icon in the upper right of the forum software to see your thread.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FashionistaNYC try uninstalling the beta first then installing a new copy. I've had similar issues in the past with mac Betas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!! I will try 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A while back the rule of thumb was that if an update stopped up to 49%, it was the download rather than the installation.  1% is so early in the process, it appears to be failing right at the start.  That sounds like It is not even starting the download, which could be an issue with hardware compatability, your subscription, an issue with the Creative Cloud Desktop App, etc.  

Things to try if you are still stuck would be to use the Cleaner tool, but I suspect this would involve unistalling the release version as well as the beta version.  Then running the Cleaner tool, and reinstalling both versions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/nz/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Look at the CC Desktop app.  That might involve signing out and back in again, to reinstalling the app.  Definitely make sure it is up to date.

My gut tells me that one or both of these steps would get out of trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2024 Oct 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis Cleaner tool should be a weapon of last resort, not the first attempt. It's so destructive with wiping out preferences, presets, etc. that if a user did not properly back up - they lose everything.

PS Beta for the Mac has long had issues with running "update" - usually it only requires the user to first uninstall the current version then re-install the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things to try if you are still stuck would be to use the Cleaner tool...

By @Trevor.Dennis

@Trevor.Dennis Cleaner tool should be a weapon of last resort, not the first attempt.

By @Kevin Stohlmeyer

Sorry, did Trevor say "first attempt"? I thought he wrote "...if you are still stuck" ?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jane-e why are you busting my chops? It was the first suggestion offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines